Page 12 of 12 [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2013, 9:37 pm

ruveyn wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:

Rueven, the way you see things is just but one interpretation out of possible others. You state "life is not fair." This is true or false depending upon how you look at it. Even the terms true or false to me is not absolute but they are sliding scales. I do believe there is some truth to it because people with your beliefs choose to accept it as a truism. Its very acceptance is what gives it it's potency. This is how I see it.

If you think life is fair I suggest you read the daily news papers. Perhaps you might want to reconsider. Every so often good prevails but seldom and only for a short time. Good is possible, but in practice seldom.

ruveyn

I will agree with marshall that nature is not fair. I will add that natural phomenom is not fair. Mother nature can be a b***h. I'm not talking about that. What I am talking about is the human contribution to the unfairness of life. I did not deny that life was unfair in either sense. What I meant is its very acceptance (human sense) leads to the problem at hand because people figure there nothing they can do anyway. A level of apathy is what has come of this.

Evil is allowed to flourish because good men do nothing.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2013, 9:48 pm

cubedemon6073 wrote:

Evil flourishes because the bad guys are generally stronger, more violent and more ruthless than the good guys. That is why evil prevails in the world.

The only way the good guys can win is to become more evil than the bad guys and attack them when they least expect it. I am afraid we have to descend to their level because the never will rise to our level.

ruveyn

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2013, 10:39 pm

ruveyn wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:

Evil flourishes because the bad guys are generally stronger, more violent and more ruthless than the good guys. That is why evil prevails in the world.

The only way the good guys can win is to become more evil than the bad guys and attack them when they least expect it. I am afraid we have to descend to their level because the never will rise to our level.

ruveyn

Human nature my friend.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2013, 11:33 pm

ruveyn wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:

ruveyn

Which is what pretty much everyone thinks, Che Guevara, Fidel Castro, the 9/11 hijackers, Benjamin Netanyahu, the leaders of HAMAS, George W. Bush, Winston Churchill, FDR, Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Barack Obama,.... All these people have fought what from their point of view was/is a greater evil then themselves. There's at least three in there we can all agree were absolute lunatics, a few most of us will say took justifiable action in the face of a greater evil, and a few we will vehemently argue and disagree over. The point is nobody ever sees themselves as the prime evil, certainly not the worst lunatics of the bunch.

My opinion is it would do the world a lot better if we just dropped the whole "evil" thing and just went back to basic stuff like, you know, sharing, the golden rule, getting along. Is is worth waiting till everyone drowns in a bloodbath or society collapses before we figure something out?

Last edited by marshall on 21 Mar 2013, 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2013, 12:22 am

I respect scientific analysis. But it appear to open the door for more state control.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2013, 4:29 am

ruveyn wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:

ruveyn

According to you, Nazi germany was defeated because of the US army killing all germans in KZ. According to you, your country, that many see as one of the most powerful should be the center of the axes of evil and your president must be satans secretary. ^^ So there are some really bad companies and politics, but the average people of the US will be nice one, like everywhere in the world. :)You dont have to become more evil. Being stronger is enough. :) Evil and good, is not linked to strong or weak. You can be a nice weak person, you can be a nice strong person, you can be an evil weak person, you can be an evil strong person. Its up to you what you decide, that you want to be.

From my opinion, its ok to have some inequality. From my oppinion there is only a minimum, that cant be lowered. So if someone works for you, to do so he needs food, a place to sleep, some medicals from time to time. So if I want someone to work for me, this is the least I have to pay him, because if I pay less than that, he cant work for me. When I have payed every worker that minimum that is needed for a normal living standard, and there is some money left, I see no problem to share that among workers that want to waste their life for useless stuff. But from my oppinion, I cant give one of my worker extra money to buy himself a widescreen television, as long as other workers of mine are starving.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2013, 6:35 am

Schneekugel wrote:

According to you, Nazi germany was defeated because of the US army killing all germans in KZ..

No. We dropped bombs on them and burned their cities to the ground. Our bombers and the Brits killed loads of women and children. We burned them out, we starved them out. KZ is an inefficient method of killing. Bombs, incendiaries and eventually poison gas is much more efficient.

The point is, that the allies, who are the good guys, became as cruel and ruthless as the enemy. And that is why we won. We are more efficient at killing and property destruction than they were.

ruveyn

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2013, 7:03 am

ruveyn wrote:
Schneekugel wrote:

According to you, Nazi germany was defeated because of the US army killing all germans in KZ..

No. We dropped bombs on them and burned their cities to the ground. Our bombers and the Brits killed loads of women and children. We burned them out, we starved them out. KZ is an inefficient method of killing. Bombs, incendiaries and eventually poison gas is much more efficient.

The point is, that the allies, who are the good guys, became as cruel and ruthless as the enemy. And that is why we won. We are more efficient at killing and property destruction than they were.

ruveyn

Both dropped bombs and burned cities. So in this both were equal. But only the Nazis were trying to kill a complete folk on purpose. The allied troops sure had the purpose to win the war. But they never planned to kill the complete german folk. The moment germay declared to be defeated, the allies accepted. They did not gather the defeated germans and killed them in fabrics. They could have done so, but they didnt want to. While the german jew already were defeated, encamped and everything, but this did not cause to Nazis to stop killing them.

There are lots of other stuff, showing that our society is becoming "nicer". 3000 years ago it was common to have slaves and to use woman as property. Nowadays sadly this is still happening in some areas, but its no longer a worldwide common habit that everyone sees as normal. 2000 years ago there was a guy, telling brandnew ideas like helping foreign wounded people on the street. So nowadays there still might be people, ignoring a car accident right before them, but the average people stop nowadays and try to help, so something that was complete weird 2000 years again has become completely normal to so many. 3500 years ago greeks invented heroic sagas, letting their heroes rape, murder, rob foreign people and kill their relatives out of fun to be heroic. Nowadays noone could sell such a person as hero. 400 years ago your ancestors simply wiped out a complete continent of their origin people, so they can take their land. Nowadays you easily had the military power to do as well in lots of poor countries. Need some oil. Lets bomb Nigeria. But you dont, because you dont feel right to do so, you dont tell yourself anymore that their life would be worth nothing because of them having another culture and habbits.

If you were right that only the more evil person had a chance to win, then humanity had to be getting more and more worse and evil. And while it had been normal 2000 years to let a wounded foreign person die on the street, we should now even ignore friends of us dying in the street. Sure there is nothing perfect. We are capable of violence beyond imagination. But in the complete amount, we are becoming more and more nicer. 200 years ago we wouldnt discuss if homosexual couples should be allowed to marry, but if we want to hang them or burn them.

Its a long way to go, but I do believe that one day, maybe in about 400 years, we maybe will have a world government, as you see it in Star Trek. Sure, nowadays it seems like utopia. But if you would have told people around 1950 that Germany, France, England and many more european countries, that had war on each others, killed each others civlian persons and so on, would be gathering in a united organisation 70 years later, with a female german country leader, and a homosexual german co-leader discussing with an black american president.

You would have gone to jail because of making an attempt to kill people, by forcing them to laugh themselfs to death.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2013, 7:10 am

ruveyn wrote:
Schneekugel wrote:

ruveyn

Well, how is this effective and efficient use of our resources as a whole for the human race? If humanity blows itself up into extinction what good is your efficiency? Can you tell me in detail how your way of thinking and war brings benefit to humanity as whole.

What good is fighting for freedom if we're all dead and none of us are around to enjoy it? Are you willing to sell your soul for it? How far are we willing to go with Patrick Henry's phrase of "Give me Liberty or Give me Death?"

If one has to become like the enemy in thought how have you won in the end? What exactly is the point in the end? Would you be willing to sell your soul to protect your life and your liberty?

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146
German philosopher (1844 - 1900)

Are you willing to become a monster and a demon to defeat the monsters and demons you wish destroyed? With this kind of thinking, you've already lost. Is America slowly becoming the very evil we wished to destroy? What's the point of it all then?