Veteran

26 Apr 2013, 1:39 pm

Link

So good to see kids learnin' 8O

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2013, 1:44 pm

My sense of humour is weird. I can laugh at very dark jokes, but I find this one just... appalling. Maybe because it is not a fictitious situation; somehow, somewhere, kids are actually learning this.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2013, 2:00 pm

Religion brainwashing children into complete stupidity! great job! They should add in there the world is flat true or false! :lol:

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

ghoti
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2013, 2:13 pm

Supposedly from a private South Carolina school, but its authenticity is unknown.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2013, 2:40 pm

ghoti wrote:
Supposedly from a private South Carolina school, but its authenticity is unknown.
Definately 4chan worthy!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2013, 2:42 pm

:roll:
Someone obviously made that up just to upset people like you all.
I was in the 4th grade myself and have been in three different school districts and I've never seen a test or quiz formatted like that or covering that topic in such a goofy manner.
Really, just how gullible do you have to be?
And so what if a few remote areas still teach creationism?
Most all of the country does not so that should be good enough.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2013, 2:44 pm

CSBurks wrote:

Link

So good to see kids learnin' 8O
Notice the smile sticker on the test kind of looks like a troll face smile? I think we just got trolled by the test paper! :lol:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2013, 2:57 pm

Snopes rates it as "Probably True", so while I have no doubt that somewhere, someone has given this test to 10-year old students, it remains to be seen just who would be stupid enough to do so.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2013, 2:59 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
Religion brainwashing children into complete stupidity! great job! They should add in there the world is flat true or false! :lol:

According to the Book of Genesis the earth is flat. The four corners of the earth are mentioned.

ruveyn

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2013, 3:00 pm

ruveyn wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
According to the Book of Genesis the earth is flat. The four corners of the earth are mentioned.

Hmm ... maybe that's why they got the value of Pi wrong, too...

:chin:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2013, 3:07 pm

Raptor wrote:
I was in the 4th grade myself and have been in three different school districts and I've never seen a test or quiz formatted like that or covering that topic in such a goofy manner.

Nobody says that it is being taught in all of the USA. But as you said it, there probably are remote areas where creationism is taught, and even if it was just the one school, that is still one more school than there should be.

CSBurks
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2013, 3:33 pm

I went to a school where even some of SCIENCE teaches questioned evolution.

I live in an a$$ backwards place where people actually ask: "So you think we came for monkeys? I don't feel like no monkey. Do you feel like a monkey?"

:evil:

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2013, 3:36 pm

Shatbat wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Nobody says that it is being taught in all of the USA. But as you said it, there probably are remote areas where creationism is taught, and even if it was just the one school, that is still one more school than there should be.

My point is that this is small change (and in this case fake) and fretting over it makes me wonder what's really driving the concern over it.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2013, 4:04 pm

CSBurks wrote:
I went to a school where even some of SCIENCE teaches questioned evolution.

I live in an a$$ backwards place where people actually ask: "So you think we came for monkeys? I don't feel like no monkey. Do you feel like a monkey?"

:evil:

"If we come from monkeys, then why are there still monkeys?"

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2013, 4:20 pm

Fnord wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:

Hmm ... maybe that's why they got the value of Pi wrong, too...

:chin:

The biblical pi = 3 is just a crude approximation. Close enough for government work. King Solomon's government.

ruveyn

Almighty_CRJ
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Apr 2013, 5:37 pm

What I want to know is what religion has to do with the question of pointy teeth. Surely if God made dinosaurs that ate flesh, he'd give them sharp teeth like he gave the flesh eating sharks...