Page 8 of 11 [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 11:52 am

Schneekugel wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Schneekugel wrote:
Quote:
The fact remains that most Americans don't care about Cuba one way or the other and neither do I.
Go visit someplace else in its preserved historic state and learn from their people.

You dont need to mention that, its well known around the world, that many US citizens are cultural ignorants. But still thank you, if a not US citizen had told this, he would have get blamed for prejudices. ^^

And it's well known around the world that many people love communism and want to visit one of the communist countries that still exist.
BTW, calling me culturally ignorant is a compliment.

Yes they do. Because most people dont have that "Oh my god - communism! - phobia." Cuba is a normal nice land for holidays, just like the also communistic Indonesia, that has as well many tourists. Countries simply have different kind of government forms, but when you travel to your neighbors, you will simply find out, that 95% of the citizens of every country are everyday normal people like you and me, that dont care that much for politics but simply stand up, try to have a breakfast, go to their everyday work, try to have families and educate their children. Even in the oh so evil north corea, 95% of the citizen simply live everyday life and are completely boring people like you and I. Thats why bad politicians of the different countries want us to be ignorant. Because if we leary by our own eyes and experiences, that most of their "the horrible communism country of Cuba" stories are nonsense, they cant push us anymore to support them with their private wars, that are mostly about economic deeds for the 5% rest of the citzens. Thats why I find it so horrible when people spak about bombing Cuba or bombing North Corea or knows hell what. Your 5% as*hole people really managed to let the simply normal people think, that their would evil nations exist, that need to be bombed. These are normal people, just like your neighbors. Would you be disturbed in any way, when someone simply told that he want to kill a million people of your neighbors, only because your US government is for largest part a bunch of corrupt bastards, that are payed by companies and economies that f**k you and all the normal people, to acchieve them their golden swimming pools? Its the same with the world trade towers. These were normal people dying there, people like you and me, like our neighbors. It was not so terrible worng, because they were US citizens, noones cares for that. It was wrong because they simply wanted to got to work for their families. There is no difference to them if they were US citizens, or Europe citizens, or cuba citizens or russians citizens... And thats why these actions were so terrible wrong and why we call it terror. Not because they were US citizens. If they would have been from Cuba it would have been similar wrong. And thats why politicians want us to be ignorants and have prejudices against certain countries. Because as long as we dont defend ourselves against this, they can manage us not to see how wrong the sh** is the want to sell us.

You have causes to be f**** up with the military regime of north corea. Absolute. But there are no causes to be f**** up with normal neighbors and tell yourself, that it wouldnt be wrong, and that it wouldnt be terror to threat them with death and war, as they El Kaida terrorists threatened that simply normal neighbors in New York with war and death. They also had causes to be f**** up with your government. Absolutly. I am also f**** up with many things your government does, your politicians does and your companies and their CEOs does. They are responsible for lots of suffering around the world. But that doesnt mean, that I am f**** up with you or your country and its citizens, or that I wish you or your neighbor or anyone death, or that I tell myself that your death would not be important, only because you live in a country with an as*hole government. That doesnt make you an as*hole, and it doesnt change anything that you are a normal important being, and no different from my town neighbors.

Be f**** up with tyrants and bastard politicians as much as you want, they deserve that. But dont give into the propaganda of your own media tyrants and bastard politicians, that want to tell you that you should be f**** up with a countries normal citizens, so your own bastard politicians can act as they want without you telling them, that they should get their ass moving and start with what they are supposed to do, instead of threating normal citizens out of economical reasons.

Yop, the politic government of Cuba is worth a lots of discussions, just like the US or the russian government as well. That doesnt change anything, that if you travel there, you will meet to 95% normal everyday people, and because of them being normal neighbors like you and me, have nice contacts, nice talkings, ... spend a nice holiday. My friends didnt like Cuba because of Castro ^^, they like it because its a nice country with nice citizens. So in the USA you often have great political changes when there are 4 years the republicans leading, and after that the democrats. Sure they do different politics. But it doesnt change a land or its citizens. If you visit the USA during the Clinton, the Bush, or now the Obama time, wont influence anything for someone visiting the USA to meet and have contact with normal US citizens and your culture. Ordinary Jane and John Doe will always be Jane and John Doe, no matter if its now republicans leading your country for some years or democrats. And if your countries president suddenly was a pedophile madmen, also would have no influence on the fact that the citizens of your country are simply normal nice people, with an interesting culture. :)

Nobody visits Cuba or Russia because of Castro and Putin, just as noone visits your country to meet the f***ing bastard CEO of General Oil/Motors/... or that old NRA leader idiot. People come because 95% are normal nice people, worth to know, and its nice to meet you and interesting to learn of your culture, the similaries and the differences... :)

I still disagree.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 12:16 pm

1000Knives wrote:
What this translates to is right next door in Canada, you can buy a Norinco M14 for like $400, but in US you can only get US manufactured ones that cost like $1000+. The American gun industry/NRA is sneaky as hell like this. Most gun control laws have pretty much been in part made to shut out foreign competition, going back to the 1968 Gun Control law which was sponsored by the NRA, which banned importation of many foreign pistols due to not having enough features according to the law. It was the same thing in the 1990s with the "assault weapons." You couldn't import a gun directly from the country, but if you made the same gun in USA from US made parts, or made the gun halfway from the foreign parts and halfway from US parts and assembled it here, it's legal.

That Norinco M-14 clone would be a restricted firearm in Canada and requires additional licensing above and beyond a standard PAL.
I've read consistent reports that the NOrinco and Polytech M-14's are not of lower quality than the Springfield Armory M1a (M-14).
The few that I've handled and the one I shot didn't impress me.
The Springfield is expensive in my opinion but as long as people are willing to pay for them they'll continue to price them accordingly.

From the RCMP website:
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/restr-eng.htm

According to the Criminal Code, a restricted firearm is:

a. a handgun that is not a prohibited firearm,
b. a firearm that
• is not a prohibited firearm,
• has a barrel less than 470 mm in length, and
• is capable of discharging centre-fire ammunition in a semi-automatic manner,
c. a firearm that is designed or adapted to be fired when reduced to a length of less than 660 mm by folding, telescoping or otherwise, or
d. a firearm of any other kind that is prescribed to be a restricted firearm

Summary of key requirements

Individuals require:

• a firearms licence that is valid for restricted firearms in order to possess or acquire a restricted firearm and to obtain ammunition.
• a registration certificate issued under the Firearms Act for all restricted firearms in their possession.
• an Authorization to Transport, issued by the Chief Firearms Officer (CFO) of their provincial or territorial jurisdiction, in order to transport a restricted firearm from one location to another.
Individuals must store, display and transport their restricted firearms according to the applicable regulations.

fueledbycoffee
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 12:20 pm

Schneekugel wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Schneekugel wrote:
Quote:
The fact remains that most Americans don't care about Cuba one way or the other and neither do I.
Go visit someplace else in its preserved historic state and learn from their people.

You dont need to mention that, its well known around the world, that many US citizens are cultural ignorants. But still thank you, if a not US citizen had told this, he would have get blamed for prejudices. ^^

And it's well known around the world that many people love communism and want to visit one of the communist countries that still exist.

Yes they do. Because most people dont have that "Oh my god - communism! - phobia." Cuba is a normal nice land for holidays, just like the also communistic Indonesia, that has as well many tourists. Countries simply have different kind of government forms, but when you travel to your neighbors, you will simply find out, that 95% of the citizens of every country are everyday normal people like you and me, that dont care that much for politics but simply stand up, try to have a breakfast, go to their everyday work, try to have families and educate their children. Even in the oh so evil north corea, 95% of the citizen simply live everyday life and are completely boring people like you and I. Thats why bad politicians of the different countries want us to be ignorant. Because if we leary by our own eyes and experiences, that most of their "the horrible communism country of Cuba" stories are nonsense, they cant push us anymore to support them with their private wars, that are mostly about economic deeds for the 5% rest of the citzens. Thats why I find it so horrible when people spak about bombing Cuba or bombing North Corea or knows hell what. Your 5% as*hole people really managed to let the simply normal people think, that their would evil nations exist, that need to be bombed. These are normal people, just like your neighbors. Would you be disturbed in any way, when someone simply told that he want to kill a million people of your neighbors, only because your US government is for largest part a bunch of corrupt bastards, that are payed by companies and economies that f**k you and all the normal people, to acchieve them their golden swimming pools? Its the same with the world trade towers. These were normal people dying there, people like you and me, like our neighbors. It was not so terrible worng, because they were US citizens, noones cares for that. It was wrong because they simply wanted to got to work for their families. There is no difference to them if they were US citizens, or Europe citizens, or cuba citizens or russians citizens... And thats why these actions were so terrible wrong and why we call it terror. Not because they were US citizens. If they would have been from Cuba it would have been similar wrong. And thats why politicians want us to be ignorants and have prejudices against certain countries. Because as long as we dont defend ourselves against this, they can manage us not to see how wrong the sh** is the want to sell us.

You have causes to be f**** up with the military regime of north corea. Absolute. But there are no causes to be f**** up with normal neighbors and tell yourself, that it wouldnt be wrong, and that it wouldnt be terror to threat them with death and war, as they El Kaida terrorists threatened that simply normal neighbors in New York with war and death. They also had causes to be f**** up with your government. Absolutly. I am also f**** up with many things your government does, your politicians does and your companies and their CEOs does. They are responsible for lots of suffering around the world. But that doesnt mean, that I am f**** up with you or your country and its citizens, or that I wish you or your neighbor or anyone death, or that I tell myself that your death would not be important, only because you live in a country with an as*hole government. That doesnt make you an as*hole, and it doesnt change anything that you are a normal important being, and no different from my town neighbors.

Be f**** up with tyrants and bastard politicians as much as you want, they deserve that. But dont give into the propaganda of your own media tyrants and bastard politicians, that want to tell you that you should be f**** up with a countries normal citizens, so your own bastard politicians can act as they want without you telling them, that they should get their ass moving and start with what they are supposed to do, instead of threating normal citizens out of economical reasons.

Yop, the politic government of Cuba is worth a lots of discussions, just like the US or the russian government as well. That doesnt change anything, that if you travel there, you will meet to 95% normal everyday people, and because of them being normal neighbors like you and me, have nice contacts, nice talkings, ... spend a nice holiday. My friends didnt like Cuba because of Castro ^^, they like it because its a nice country with nice citizens. So in the USA you often have great political changes when there are 4 years the republicans leading, and after that the democrats. Sure they do different politics. But it doesnt change a land or its citizens. If you visit the USA during the Clinton, the Bush, or now the Obama time, wont influence anything for someone visiting the USA to meet and have contact with normal US citizens and your culture. Ordinary Jane and John Doe will always be Jane and John Doe, no matter if its now republicans leading your country for some years or democrats. And if your countries president suddenly was a pedophile madmen, also would have no influence on the fact that the citizens of your country are simply normal nice people, with an interesting culture. :)

Nobody visits Cuba or Russia because of Castro and Putin, just as noone visits your country to meet the f***ing bastard CEO of General Oil/Motors/... or that old NRA leader idiot. People come because 95% are normal nice people, worth to know, and its nice to meet you and interesting to learn of your culture, the similaries and the differences... :)

:salut: :hail:

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 12:44 pm

trollcatman wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Toyota is the favorite vehicle of the Taliban,but I guess it would have to be tough to hold up there.Maybe they are good in sand.

Yes, they do at least have good taste in vehicles. The fact that they are the preferred brand of Islamic terrorists is actually a valuable endorsement that I would not let go to waste if I were in charge of Toyota marketing. :D

Quote:
I have not been that impressed with how they hold up here. At least not the Tacoma models.

The Tacoma is generally a better mid size truck than a Ranger or S-10 (Colorado).
The Colorado is made in Brazil or somewhere in S. America.

Quote:
I did not know the Tundra was US made.

In Princeton Indiana from 2000-06 model years.
San Antonio from 2007-13 model years.
Last time I checked most of the parts are US made, too.
The Tundra is aimed at the US and Canadian markets since we like bigger trucks.

This is the best marketing Toyota could have had, Top Gear destroying a Toyota Hilux:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnWKz7Cthkk[/youtube]

I still see those old model Toyota's on the street. Really the only problem with the older ones is that they were not undercoated and were rust prone.
Aside from that they were nearly bullet proof.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 12:57 pm

Raptor wrote:
1000Knives wrote:
What this translates to is right next door in Canada, you can buy a Norinco M14 for like $400, but in US you can only get US manufactured ones that cost like $1000+. The American gun industry/NRA is sneaky as hell like this. Most gun control laws have pretty much been in part made to shut out foreign competition, going back to the 1968 Gun Control law which was sponsored by the NRA, which banned importation of many foreign pistols due to not having enough features according to the law. It was the same thing in the 1990s with the "assault weapons." You couldn't import a gun directly from the country, but if you made the same gun in USA from US made parts, or made the gun halfway from the foreign parts and halfway from US parts and assembled it here, it's legal.

That Norinco M-14 clone would be a restricted firearm in Canada and requires additional licensing above and beyond a standard PAL.
I've read consistent reports that the NOrinco and Polytech M-14's are not of lower quality than the Springfield Armory M1a (M-14).
The few that I've handled and the one I shot didn't impress me.
The Springfield is expensive in my opinion but as long as people are willing to pay for them they'll continue to price them accordingly.

From the RCMP website:
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/restr-eng.htm

According to the Criminal Code, a restricted firearm is:

a. a handgun that is not a prohibited firearm,
b. a firearm that
• is not a prohibited firearm,
• has a barrel less than 470 mm in length, and
• is capable of discharging centre-fire ammunition in a semi-automatic manner,
c. a firearm that is designed or adapted to be fired when reduced to a length of less than 660 mm by folding, telescoping or otherwise, or
d. a firearm of any other kind that is prescribed to be a restricted firearm

Summary of key requirements

Individuals require:

• a firearms licence that is valid for restricted firearms in order to possess or acquire a restricted firearm and to obtain ammunition.
• a registration certificate issued under the Firearms Act for all restricted firearms in their possession.
• an Authorization to Transport, issued by the Chief Firearms Officer (CFO) of their provincial or territorial jurisdiction, in order to transport a restricted firearm from one location to another.
Individuals must store, display and transport their restricted firearms according to the applicable regulations.

Still, in USA you cannot get newly manufactured at all. Also regarding PAL systems, some states in America have similar systems.

My main point was that embargos happen. In Cuba's case, it's much easier for him in my opinion to go to Cuba than get a Nissan Skyline or new manufactured Norinco stuff.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 12:58 pm

[img][800:720]http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/2lucky4snuffy/b71cf4d77ae647c52de3c0c40d43bd15_zps999a08c6.jpg[/img]

A true patriot has a truck with this sticker in the door. :lol:

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 1:09 pm

Misslizard wrote:
[img][800:720]http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/2lucky4snuffy/b71cf4d77ae647c52de3c0c40d43bd15_zps999a08c6.jpg[/img]

A true patriot has a truck with this sticker in the door. :lol:

I'll just create two of them with my computer that look just like that and put one inside the doors of both of my two 'Yota's.

There, that was easy. :D

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 1:12 pm

fueledbycoffee wrote:
Schneekugel wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Schneekugel wrote:
Quote:

:salut: :hail:

Hell, I only read the first few sentences and from that I could see where it was going so I stopped.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 1:14 pm

^^^^^That's rather dishonorable.And wouldn't it be rather obvious that those are not GM products?
I like my old Pontiac,we've had Toyotas,this car has held up better than any of them.

Last edited by Misslizard on 16 May 2013, 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fueledbycoffee
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 1:15 pm

So you replied in disagreement to something that you hadn't even bothered to read? :roll:

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 2:05 pm

Misslizard wrote:
^^^^^That's rather dishonorable.And wouldn't it be rather obvious that those are not GM products?
I like my old Pontiac,we've had Toyotas,this car has held up better than any of them.

Of course I'm not going to bother to make decals like that to stick on my cars. My vanity wouldn't allow it.

Before I bought either of those Toyota's I read lots and lots of consumer reports from multiple sources and those two were higher rated, sometimes MUCH higher rated, than their Ford, Chevy, and Dodge peers. That's what drove me to buy them over others. I don't have money to throw around so I can't buy a few of each and evaluate them myself.

I find the core of most people's issues with Toyota is that even the ones made in the states are made in non-union plants (i.e. scab operations) and do not have the blessing of the left.
Any issue Toyota's might have had, no matter how trivial, were blown our of proportion while more serous problems with the ones made by the big three were trivialized as something to be expected with any car.

Neither is perfect but one tends to be closer to it more often than the other.
When I see a consumer report trend of the big 3 that meets or exceeds Toyota I'll purchase accordingly.
I can't see it happening in the near future, though....

Last edited by Raptor on 17 May 2013, 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 2:08 pm

fueledbycoffee wrote:
So you replied in disagreement to something that you hadn't even bothered to read? :roll:

Pretty much.
I could have dissected it line by line but that could have been worse.
Besides, you already said that you're sickened by me so nothing I do should surprise you.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 2:39 pm

The consumer report people didn't drive on these roads. :lol: The county with the worst roads in the State, in a State that has some of the worst roads in the US.There are some Toyota fans here,but they ride really rough on the backroads,maybe a full-size is different.
But I agree,GM has some lemons,the Chevy Colorado you mentioned is a piece of $hit.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 3:19 pm

/\ /\ /\ /\
I don't know; the roads and streets in the rust belt would be hard to top in terms of crappy condition.
I thought it was surreal the first trip I remember taking far enough south as a kid that the roads were actually good and not just a series of crudely "patched" (or not so patched) pot holes, bumps, cracks, and dips.
Every time I go back there the streets are a little worse. You cannot even drive the speed limit on some of them because of being bounced around.
And I'm talking paved streets in town, not just in the outback.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 3:58 pm

Funny, as much as the Western far-left laud Cuba and Venezuela (as they lauded the DDR before it!), we never hear about many of these types actually living there permanently.

fueledbycoffee
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 10:40 pm

Raptor wrote:
fueledbycoffee wrote:

Pretty much.
I could have dissected it line by line but that could have been worse.
Besides, you already said that you're sickened by me so nothing I do should surprise you.

It doesn't surprise me that you didn't read it. It surprises me that you put in the effort to post "I didn't read that." Seems rather silly, but hey. As you say, I don't like you, and I presume it's mutual, so be as silly as you like and don't let me stop you.