Page 6 of 11 [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 11:18 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Actually, it does mean Idaho's educational system is bad. It needs improvement because they rank - I believe - third from the bottom of the list. I think it's a safe guess that those states below Idaho are red states.

What zer0netgain said. /\

Quote:
And the notion that public assistance is just doled out to anyone without checking on their financial situation is a right wing fantasy - and I'm being very generous by using the word "fantasy" here.

I know that and never said anything different but you imply that there should be no justification out of “fairness” or whatever.

Doesn't matter anyways since you'll be in the US of C where everything is free and no one has to work. :roll:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 4:45 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Actually, it does mean Idaho's educational system is bad. It needs improvement because they rank - I believe - third from the bottom of the list. I think it's a safe guess that those states below Idaho are red states.

What zer0netgain said. /\

Quote:
And the notion that public assistance is just doled out to anyone without checking on their financial situation is a right wing fantasy - and I'm being very generous by using the word "fantasy" here.

I know that and never said anything different but you imply that there should be no justification out of “fairness” or whatever.

Doesn't matter anyways since you'll be in the US of C where everything is free and no one has to work. :roll:

Well, if zer0netgain is right, that means it's red states like Idaho misusing funds.
As for "fairness" - what's more fair than keeping the needy, which includes children, from going without food and shelter? Even in cases where adults abuse the system, is it right to make their children pay for their offenses?
And finally, it's just conservative BS that they themselves have come to believe that in liberal states or countries, everyone gets everything for free, but no one has to work - how do social; programs get paid for without a tax base?. Last time I looked, red states have a huge percentage of their citizens, through no fault of their own, having to survive on public assistance.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 5:46 pm

/\ /\

:wall: :wall: :wall:
You just don't get it and I'm pretty sure it's intentional.

Arran
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jun 2013, 5:50 pm

Should the US government stop trying to be the world's policeman and instead just focus on its own nation and people? Back in the early 20th century this was largely the case. The government didn't spend billions of taxpayer dollars supporting Israel because Israel didn't exist. Neither were there hugely expensive long drawn out wars with other nations or ideologies - like the Cold War with communism or the War on Terror with Islam.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

03 Jun 2013, 5:58 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Red states like Idaho, Mississippi, Alabama, etc. have the lowest standard of education. That's because state governments, and even electorates there don't see spending on education to be top priority.

So tempted to call correlation-causation conflation... :wink:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 6:23 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Red states like Idaho, Mississippi, Alabama, etc. have the lowest standard of education. That's because state governments, and even electorates there don't see spending on education to be top priority.

^^^^ever here the expression,"You can't get blood out of a turnip?" To spend money you have to have money.The roads are bad down here also,why?No money.Look at the economies in these states,it's not good.One reason is that wages $uck,maybe these companies that locate here,or all already here(Mal Wart)should pay a living wage.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 7:07 pm

Misslizard wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

^^^^ever here the expression,"You can't get blood out of a turnip?" To spend money you have to have money.The roads are bad down here also,why?No money.Look at the economies in these states,it's not good.One reason is that wages $uck,maybe these companies that locate here,or all already here(Mal Wart)should pay a living wage.

Please don't think I'm unsympathetic toward the everyday people who have to suffer because of existing conditions. I just don't see the powers that be changing much in this hypothetical Jesusland.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 7:21 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Jesus land you say. you should see the condition of the roads in Massachusetts.

ruveyn

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 7:24 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

ruveyn

Can't say I've ever been anywhere east of Idaho, so I can't speak on that issue.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 7:26 pm

Raptor wrote:
/\ /\

:wall: :wall: :wall:
You just don't get it and I'm pretty sure it's intentional.

No, not at all.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 7:26 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

ruveyn

Can't say I've ever been anywhere east of Idaho.

Apparently going for the facts is not in you nature. You would rather go with your suspicions and your "I am sure" stuff.

What kind of Aspie are you anyway. Facts should be your God.

ruveyn

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 7:28 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

ruveyn

Can't say I've ever been anywhere east of Idaho.

Apparently going for the facts is not in you nature. You would rather go with your suspicions and your "I am sure" stuff.

What kind of Aspie are you anyway. Facts should be your God.

ruveyn

I was speaking on the roads in Massachusetts. If I have the facts on that matter, I'll go to the lions rather than renounce them.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 7:36 pm

Well,I think you are right Kraichgauer,I'll most likely be forced out of JL,just got my okstupid best face report and conservatives hate me.The bar goes all the way to the bottom,I guess they can spot trouble :lol:

redriverronin
Toucan
Toucan

03 Jun 2013, 7:38 pm

you can thank the rockefellers for destroying ower education system especially in the south or red stateseducation hasnt been about teaching for a long time. Just look at the how corrupt it has become school board members driving BMW MB and porsches and not in school districs that have money but the poor ones. Thats just the school board when it comes to the goverment iam sure things are just as bad if not worse communities need to start their own schools and get away for these brainwashing indoctrination kid prisons they call schools. If iam lucky enough to have kids i will spend the time and money to make sure that they get a real education in life and become good at dealing with people which is the only skill that is really needed to be successful in anything in this world.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 7:45 pm

Win Rockefeller was a gov here in Arkansas,he donated a huge chunk of land which is now Petit Jean State park.He was considered a progressive Republican,he was a very good governor from what I understand,Win with Win was his slogan.
There are no beamers in our schools parking lot.

redriverronin
Toucan
Toucan

03 Jun 2013, 7:50 pm

Before you take somthing it is best to give a little somthing and be subtle with what you take.