Page 1 of 7 [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2013, 3:01 am

"professor Richard Dawkins and physicist Lawrence Krauss sit down with Steve Paikin to tell us why indeed, they don't believe."
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEClFXjx_fQ[/youtube]

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2013, 3:13 am

(Thread moved from Random to PPR)

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2013, 3:49 am

Pepe wrote:
"professor Richard Dawkins and physicist Lawrence Krauss sit down with Steve Paikin to tell us why indeed, they don't believe."
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEClFXjx_fQ[/youtube]

It looks interesting. I like Lawrence Krauss, perhaps I should check out the documentary that they're talking about.

Last edited by Jono on 21 Jun 2013, 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2013, 4:01 am

Jono wrote:

It looks interesting. I like Lawrence Kraus, perhaps I should check out the documentary that they're talking about.

Krauss and Dawkins...
The dynamic duo...
They are both brilliant and a great team...

Not sure but I think the doc is just out...

Last edited by Pepe on 21 Jun 2013, 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2013, 5:08 am

Jono wrote:
It looks interesting. I like Lawrence Krauss

He earned my respect when he walked out of a speech in the UK which was gender-segregated.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2013, 11:40 am

Uh, in Britain, you still have public meetings in which men and women are seated separately??

You're serious?

Sylkat 8O

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2013, 11:46 am

Sylkat wrote:
Uh, in Britain, you still have public meetings in which men and women are seated separately??

You're serious?

Sylkat 8O

Not that I'm aware of. I did wonder when I read that post earlier. Maybe a Muslim meeting - they probably keep separate?

CSBurks
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2013, 12:33 pm

TallyMan wrote:
Sylkat wrote:

You're serious?

Sylkat 8O

Not that I'm aware of. I did wonder when I read that post earlier. Maybe a Muslim meeting - they probably keep separate?

That does seem rather odd. What are they, Puritans?

NewDawn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jun 2013, 12:49 pm

It was indeed a segregation of Muslim men and women at University College London

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRrSmwqUxtk[/youtube]

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2013, 1:46 pm

This gender apartheid is a fairly new phenomenon in the UK and there have been scores of meetings where men and women are forcibly kept separate, on pain of conflict and/or being thrown out of the meeting physically.

It's practiced by Islamist fascists like iERA. No other religion or creed does this. None.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2013, 1:51 pm

A Dad in Canada recently wasn't allowed to watch his young daughter in swim class because there were young girls there from Muslim families and they weren't wearing their head coverings.
http://www.torontosun.com/2013/04/06/to ... swim-class

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2013, 1:52 pm

Sylkat wrote:

You're serious?

Sylkat 8O

Meetings hosted by Islamic/Islamist organisations are increasingly gender-segregated. It barely goes without a whisper. Student Rights, a student advocacy organisation, has spoken out against this. The left-wing Islamism-critical Harry's Place blog carried an article by Student Rights on the forcible gender segregation in meetings... and they suffered a huge DDOS attack at the hands of Islamists that took them days to recover from. The Student Rights website also suffered a massive DDOS attack too by the same people.

Arran
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jun 2013, 2:53 pm

Dare I say there are a fair few UKIPpers who are happy and content to allow gender segregated meetings to take place providing that the majority of the attendees favour it!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2013, 8:01 pm

What has all this got to do with the topic of the thread?

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2013, 1:53 am

Arran wrote:
Dare I say there are a fair few UKIPpers who are happy and content to allow gender segregated meetings to take place providing that the majority of the attendees favour it!

Most UKIPpers would be more worried about the violent attacks on free speech by those speaking out against the policy.

And what of those people who don't want to be segregated? What if the attendees are bullied by the organisers into remaining separate? What if, by not complying, they risk violence and intimidation from within their communities?

If it's on private premises, you can't stop them. These meetings aren't - they're on university premises, and these premises have policies that aren't from the stone age. They've always been against gender segregation, they're just choosing not to enforce it.

Frankly, if universities continue to allow the Islamist weed to grow and grow on campus, with all the intimidation of minorities and suppression of learning that that entails, you're probably looking at British universities being like Arab ones in a few decades.

That said, the fact that this policy is allowed to be in effect at all is worrying.

As for New Atheism - it's an excellent concept. It's Atheism that can stand up for itself. It is viscerally secular, too.

TheValk
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2013, 2:36 am

Being a public atheist like these folks must be about as profitable as being a televangelist.