Page 4 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 8:56 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
A conspiracy theory about AB blood types? That's a new one to me. Any chance you can explain it?

NO!

I mean ... :oops: ... that would only add to the endless cycle of "I read somewhere that ..." and "The evidence is being suppressed on ...", so I'd really rather not.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 9:06 pm

Just google AB blood conspiracy.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 9:10 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Just google AB blood conspiracy.

I am amazed by the amount of crap and nonsense on the Web.

ruveyn

nominalist
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

29 Jul 2013, 9:12 pm

About 10 years ago, a few of us got together to play a practical joke on Paltalk (a chat service). This one guy got the nic (user name), Amish Conspiracy. He recited a long narrative about how he, as an Amish person, is conspiring with other Amish to establish a new world order. The rest of us (actually, mostly me) started out asking him "mock" questions. Soon, the entire room filled up with more than 100 people who were taking the stunt seriously.

Institute for Dialectical metaRealism: http://dmr.institute

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 9:16 pm

For even more conspiracy fun google Denver airport conspiracy.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 9:18 pm

Fnord wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
A conspiracy theory about AB blood types? That's a new one to me. Any chance you can explain it?

NO!

I mean ... :oops: ... that would only add to the endless cycle of "I read somewhere that ..." and "The evidence is being suppressed on ...", so I'd really rather not.

Ho hum, I guess I'll just follow Miss Lizard's advice.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

nominalist
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

29 Jul 2013, 9:27 pm

Right now, "V" is talking about how the Chinese are going to imminently attack the U.S. (Hagmann and Hagmann). The supposed "elite" know about this secret information and are leaving the U.S. in droves. lol. He claims to be a top economist (who cannot reveal his real name for personal security), but his grammar wouldn't get him out of high school.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 10:08 pm

nominalist wrote:
Right now, "V" is talking about how the Chinese are going to imminently attack the U.S. (Hagmann and Hagmann). The supposed "elite" know about this secret information and are leaving the U.S. in droves. lol. He claims to be a top economist (who cannot reveal his real name for personal security), but his grammar wouldn't get him out of high school.

Reminds me of an internet nut wrongly connected to Timothy McVeigh at the time of the OK city bombing, who claimed he was former CIA, but was working at the time as a janitor.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 4:38 am

nominalist wrote:
Robdemanc wrote:
I never said I had evidence for anything. I never even said I believe in this theory. I just think it's worth entertaining.

Well, you keep on backing away from it. Before, you called it a fact. IMO, evidence is worth entertaining. Conspiracy theories are best left in the trash heap. I have seen many people become so totally obsessed with them that their lives were ruined.

I didn't say the Illuminati was a fact. The fact I said was: "If such an organization existed most people would be oblivious". I think that is reasonable.

I wouldn't say these theories should be left on the trash heap, they provide a lot of fuel for novelists and people who write screenplays.

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 4:45 am

Robdemanc wrote:
I think what is happening is that our chosen way of economic practice has created a small set of people with extreme power and money. This was inevitable and predicted by Karl Marx. Now we are in that situation what can we do about it? As we have recently seen we can do nothing about it. Because these few people in power will ensure that their power is never put in jeopardy and will use public money to prop themselves up.

While people may laugh at ideas like the "Illuminati", the world is in a situation where if an organization like that existed the vast majority of people would be oblivious of their existence.

A great quote from Einstein is: "The world is a dangerous place. Not because of bad people doing bad things, but because everyone else stands by and lets them do it."

This is my original post. Nowhere in this text does it say the Illuminati exists. Perhaps those who ask me for evidence are merely annoyed that I have not decided to ridicule the OP and his belief's like they have. If he believes it then let him.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 8:21 am

Robdemanc wrote:
Robdemanc wrote:
I think what is happening is that our chosen way of economic practice has created a small set of people with extreme power and money. This was inevitable and predicted by Karl Marx. Now we are in that situation what can we do about it? As we have recently seen we can do nothing about it. Because these few people in power will ensure that their power is never put in jeopardy and will use public money to prop themselves up.

While people may laugh at ideas like the "Illuminati", the world is in a situation where if an organization like that existed the vast majority of people would be oblivious of their existence.

A great quote from Einstein is: "The world is a dangerous place. Not because of bad people doing bad things, but because everyone else stands by and lets them do it."

This is my original post. Nowhere in this text does it say the Illuminati exists. Perhaps those who ask me for evidence are merely annoyed that I have not decided to ridicule the OP and his belief's like they have. If he believes it then let him.

A) nobody is trying to take away the OP's right to be deluded. So dont go trying to take away our right to express concern over his being deluded.

B) If you are not saying that "the Illumanatti exists" then what the heck ARE you saying?

C) What you MIGHT be saying is "I dont believe in the Illumanatti myself, but a reasonable person might believe in it". But if so - even claiming that a reasonable person might believe in it is an extraordinary claim (like saying that a reasonable person might believe that the Moon is made of green cheese) and it still requires extraordinary proof.

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 9:16 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Robdemanc wrote:
Robdemanc wrote:

A) nobody is trying to take away the OP's right to be deluded. So dont go trying to take away our right to express concern over his being deluded.

B) If you are not saying that "the Illumanatti exists" then what the heck ARE you saying?

C) What you MIGHT be saying is "I dont believe in the Illumanatti myself, but a reasonable person might believe in it". But if so - even claiming that a reasonable person might believe in it is an extraordinary claim (like saying that a reasonable person might believe that the Moon is made of green cheese) and it still requires extraordinary proof.

Well as I understand it the Illuminati is said to be a group of families that have the most control of money in the world and that they work together in secrecy to maintain their control. This is a natural outcome of power. People in power will go to extreme lengths to retain their power and pass on to their offspring. It is reasonable to assume that. And if such a situation was true, then most of us would not be aware of it.

nominalist
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Jul 2013, 12:57 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Reminds me of an internet nut wrongly connected to Timothy McVeigh at the time of the OK city bombing, who claimed he was former CIA, but was working at the time as a janitor.

The whole Illuminati conspiracy movement is made up of hoaxers and dupes. After a while, you can begin to tell them apart. This alleged "economist" is an obvious hoaxer. Hagmann and Hagmann (the father-and-son hosts of the show) are dupes. They appear to genuinely believe most of their guests.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 1:53 pm

Robdemanc wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Robdemanc wrote:
Robdemanc wrote:

Well as I understand it the Illuminati is said to be a group of families that have the most control of money in the world and that they work together in secrecy to maintain their control. This is a natural outcome of power. People in power will go to extreme lengths to retain their power and pass on to their offspring. It is reasonable to assume that. And if such a situation was true, then most of us would not be aware of it.

Thats not the "Illuminati" ( of either fiction or fact) a club in the late 1700's formed to promote the ideals of the Enlightenment in Bavaria (therefore feared by the Catholic Church) who got seized upon as a boogeyman by a cardinal who authored a propaganda book about how the illumanatti was out to corrupt all of mankind. They died out after 15 years but they live on as boogeymen to every hysteric ever since to this day. But this later, fictional Illumanatti, though it is an evil cabal, it is not particularly plutocratic as I understand it. There just a bunch of well organized evil people!

you're thinking of the Bilderburgers.

After WWII the rich elites of america and europe started to hobknob at those conferences at the hotel in bilderburg. That lead to the bilderburger conspiracy theories.

Get your tin hat theories staight!

NewDawn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jul 2013, 2:56 pm

nominalist wrote:
The whole Illuminati conspiracy movement is made up of hoaxers and dupes.

What, in your opinion, is the motivation of these hoaxers? I take it that these people deliberately spread these far fetched fantasies, but for what purpose? In the hope to make money because Dan Brown did? To feel important? Could it be that some of them suffer from some form of psychosis?

nominalist
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Jul 2013, 3:28 pm

NewDawn wrote:
What, in your opinion, is the motivation of these hoaxers? I take it that these people deliberately spread these far fetched fantasies, but for what purpose? In the hope to make money because Dan Brown did? To feel important? Could it be that some of them suffer from some form of psychosis?

I am always hesitant to judge someone's motivations, and I am not qualified to psychoanalyze anyone. However, I suspect that they are diverse. Some people have turned their conspiracy-mongering into profitable careers. Others are just pranking (like we did on Paltalk for a few hours).