Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2013, 2:51 pm

I wouldn't hesitate to say that the vast majority of the human population are stupid, because they conform to ideas and beliefs made by others and they refuse to accept constructive criticism.

My definition of stupidity may vary from the dictionary definition, but I would still hold on to my saying that people who refuse to ask the question "Why?" to everything in their life, are stupid.

I will also say that people who are stupid, according to my definition of stupidity, are evil, for the same reasons.

Yes, that's right! I define evil = stupid. All those who are stupid are evil.

My entire life is and has always been about reflecting about everything.
I question everything, and I have been doing this ever since my early childhood.

Till this day, I have questioned everything in my life, to the point of making my friends angry at me.
I will never stop asking the question "Why?" to everything, until I cannot speak a word.

You shall always ask the question 'WHY?'. You shall always argue for and against others and your own cause.
The reason is simple: By accepting and taking anything for granted, you risk losing it all because you cannot defend it.
Everything has a reason.

People who don't question their own existence are evil. They deserve no respect.

Not questioning anything is the same as taking it for granted. You risk taking a lie for granted, and pass it on to others which equals lying to others.
You must not lie, you must be honest!

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2013, 3:16 pm

Most humans are NOT stupid. However, many of them are being of habit who do the same old things because they are disinclined to think about better ways of doing what they are doing. Humans form habits for too easily.

Also many people are distracted from important stuff by trivialities. That gives the impression of stupidity, but it is really a lack of focus.

ruveyn

Last edited by ruveyn on 12 Dec 2013, 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2013, 3:21 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Most humans are NOT stupid. However, many of them are being of habit who do the same old things because they are disinclined to think about better ways of doing what they are doing. Humans form habits for too easily.

ruveyn

There's nothing wrong with habbits, as long as you can justify them.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2013, 3:24 pm

thinkinginpictures wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

There's nothing wrong with habbits, as long as you can justify them.

Actually, we HAVE to run on habit. If we had to think of every little move we must make we would have not time to do anything important.

ruveyn

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2013, 5:43 pm

Mandatory:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rh6qqsmxNs[/youtube]

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2013, 6:10 pm

The reason people accept ideas is in Darwin's Theory of Evolution. It helps them survive. Christianity helps Christians survive. So does Judaism, Islam and other religions. People will cling to the ideas that help them survive while rejecting ideas that shorten their lives.

Still, they can have addictions to food or substances that shorten the lifespan.

Lostathome
Raven
Raven

11 Dec 2013, 6:51 pm

It ain't as simple as that, I think. I do believe that most people are stupid. You only have to take a walk around a busy town to realise that. They can't nail down something as simple as manners, or are unwilling to, which would be worse than simply being too stupid to recognise things like "Excuse me" and "thank you".

But belief? Most people are, perhaps rightly so, afraid of the answers they might find if they started asking questions. The blindly faithful are afraid they'll find nothing, and the blindly faithless are afraid they'll find something. Irritating, but very understandable.

As for things other than belief, well, "anything for a quiet life". Far easier to struggle within a system that doesn't work than to be the person who changes it. Again, irritating, but completely understandable. You can't ask everyone to fight the tide, because that's an awful lot to ask.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2013, 6:59 pm

People are smarter than they get credit for. They know how to survive.

lotuspuppy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2013, 7:13 pm

I fall under your definition of evil. I wasn't always like this. In fact, I was once good, and questioned everything around me. It's just that evil is so seductive :D

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2013, 7:28 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
People are smarter than they get credit for. They know how to survive.

Exactly

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2013, 9:19 pm

Most people are stupid, not true.
Most people act stupid, very true.

I think this starts in adolescence. Smart kids get picked on, so at this point they learn to dumb themselves down.
Then at least here in the US, we have a very lazy culture. Many people can be smart, but they don't want to exert that much mental energy.

Diagnosed in 2005

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2013, 9:42 pm

Clueless may be a better description.You know ,the types that dump old paint and chemicals down the storm drain.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

12 Dec 2013, 6:53 am

Most people, the vast, vast majority, are indeed "stupid" in many ways. I would certainly have to include myself, because I catch myself doing stupid things all the time. Refusing to accept constructive criticism is a very big thing. Only people who have trained themselves a lot (generally, professional scientists) are actually good at giving evidence that goes against their views a proper hearing.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
The reason people accept ideas is in Darwin's Theory of Evolution. It helps them survive. Christianity helps Christians survive. So does Judaism, Islam and other religions. People will cling to the ideas that help them survive while rejecting ideas that shorten their lives.

If only it were that simple...

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2013, 7:01 am

The_Walrus wrote:
Most people, the vast, vast majority, are indeed "stupid" in many ways. I would certainly have to include myself, because I catch myself doing stupid things all the time. Refusing to accept constructive criticism is a very big thing. Only people who have trained themselves a lot (generally, professional scientists) are actually good at giving evidence that goes against their views a proper hearing.

I am not a professional, I am not a scientist. I may be a hobby-artist, a hobby-musician, but I don't earn money. I am not a professional.

Yet, I still take constructive criticism into serious consideration, and as you have probaly already noticed, I actually ask for it.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2013, 7:06 am

Misslizard wrote:
Clueless may be a better description.You know ,the types that dump old paint and chemicals down the storm drain.

What's wrong with that? 8O

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2013, 7:46 am

AngelRho wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

What's wrong with that? 8O

Next time you need to dispose of that kinda stuff you might want to check the internet for the location of your local jurastiction's hazmat disposal site.

There is such a thing as water pollution.