Michael Moore movie on Israel-Palestine planned.

Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2013, 2:56 pm

I may make a point of going to the cinema for this one. Can't wait.

Quote:
3 … 2 … 1 … watch out for the calls of Antisemitism any day now. At around 10pm on Thursday, December 18th, 2013 – Michael Moore said he was going to make a movie on the issue of Palestine and Israel. That’s a gigantic task and you can see his original post HERE.

About a week ago – we wrote about why Rachel Maddow and other high profile liberals aren’t calling out Israel for their campaign of ethnic cleansing and apartheid laws. We gave example after example explaining why liberals need to stand up against Israel’s occupation and violations of human rights; you can read that HERE. Liberals have been mostly mute on the subject despite their socially liberal views and progressive values. When it comes to Israel – cognitive dissonance sets in.

I don’t know what Michael Moore would do with such a monstrous movie, but he is one of the few people on this earth unafraid of poking the bear. He has made a career out of poking the bear. And if his history is any guide – it’s going to be epic. Because whether or not you agree with Michael Moore – this guy says what he means and means what he says. He’s a fighter and he doesn’t back down from the big fights.

He goes after the bullies. And that’s why – I’m certain he’ll point out whatever mistakes that are made by the Palestinian side … but there can be no doubt – he’s going to crucify Israel because he calls it like it is. And despite Israel’s attempts to whitewash their war crimes – the facts simply aren’t on Israel’s side. Only most Americans haven’t actually heard about the campaign of ethnic cleansing being pushed by the Israeli government because no one has been willing to bring this issue to the fore.

http://iacknowledge.net/michael-moore-s ... palestine/

My deviant art profile

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2013, 3:31 pm

Whiny wingnuts heads will explode.

Regardless, this is one American scared cow that needs to be taken on.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2013, 3:47 pm

Master_Pedant wrote:
Whiny wingnuts heads will explode.

Regardless, this is one American scared cow that needs to be taken on.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Speaking of wingnuts, rage posts coming in 5... 4... 3... 2...

My deviant art profile

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2013, 4:22 pm

Michael Moore is my hero. I'm looking forward to downloading the movie.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2013, 5:54 pm

Well, I suppose a guy with a documented history of lies and distortions will fit right in with this crowd.

Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2013, 8:18 pm

One of those moments when I agree with Christopher Hitchens

"Europeans think Americans are fat, vulgar, greedy, stupid, ambitious and ignorant and so on, And they've taken as their own, as their representative American, someone who actually embodies all of those qualities."

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... t_911.html

Was not spoken of the soul.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2013, 12:31 am

Dox47 wrote:
Well, I suppose a guy with a documented history of lies and distortions will fit right in with this crowd.

What would your opinion be if Moore ended up taking a generally Pro-Israeli stance? I ask, because I've never once heard him utter a single Anti-Israeli word.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2013, 5:08 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
What would your opinion be if Moore ended up taking a generally Pro-Israeli stance? I ask, because I've never once heard him utter a single Anti-Israeli word.

I'd be happiest with the truth, but Moore does not have a good record where that is concerned, which is the source of my problem with him. I don't like liars period; a liar that lies for causes I support makes me look bad, and one who lies for those I don't misleads people and makes me have to work to debunk them.

Apparently you check the partisan alignment of lies before deciding if you have a problem with them?

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2013, 8:51 am

Dox47 wrote:
I'd be happiest with the truth, but Moore does not have a good record where that is concerned, which is the source of my problem with him.

This is why I won't waste time or money on Michael Moore.

He's been routinely exposed doctoring footage and outrightly lying in his documentaries to make issues that didn't exist. He produces a product that ultimately upholds his world-view, and not what the facts actually depict.

He's not a documentary maker...he is a propaganda artist.

No matter which way he comes out on the issue, you can't believe him because he either will fake information to support the conclusion he supports or choose to represent the side he wants you to believe...making the whole work unworthy of consideration.

The man is a fat, lazy bastard who has done nothing but capitalize off the success (and reputation) of his first movie. He isn't politically relevant and is looking for new ways to inject himself back into the spotlight.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2013, 10:09 am

zer0netgain wrote:
The man is a fat, lazy bastard who has done nothing but capitalize off the success (and reputation) of his first movie. He isn't politically relevant and is looking for new ways to inject himself back into the spotlight.

Aren't we all?

Well, when the movie comes out, you can point out the errors to us.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2013, 10:14 am

zer0netgain wrote:
He's been routinely exposed doctoring footage

This was one of my favorites

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh8a2D1f-eI[/youtube]

:lol:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2013, 11:27 am

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I'd be happiest with the truth, but Moore does not have a good record where that is concerned, which is the source of my problem with him. I don't like liars period; a liar that lies for causes I support makes me look bad, and one who lies for those I don't misleads people and makes me have to work to debunk them.

Apparently you check the partisan alignment of lies before deciding if you have a problem with them?

Not at all. The thing people miss about Michael Moore is that he's a satirist first. Did Mark Twain represent both sides perfectly?

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2013, 11:49 am

Here he is, being interviewed by our next Vice President:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qGNcJiuvN0[/youtube]

Now, I'm looking forward to his documentary on Israel. Just about all of the news reports that we get are tainted by the paradigm that we absolutely have to support and defend Israel, so that Jesus will be nice to us upon his return, which is imminent, and has been imminent for more than 2,000 years.

I'd quite like to see Mr. Moore's perspectives on the issues.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2013, 12:33 pm

what lies has Moore told?

My deviant art profile

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2013, 12:59 pm

thomas81 wrote:

He has apparently said a few things of which Fox News viewers wouldn't approve, and such things constitute "lies" in their minds.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2013, 5:32 pm

thomas81 wrote:

Two that easily come to mind that, IIRC, came from a documentary called "Why Does Michael Moore Hate America"....

1. He did a thing on how you could get a gun from a Colorado bank just by opening an account. This was blatantly false. The bank offered a service to store weapons in the vault, but you had to be a member. Moore shot the footage and did a complete hatchet job to make it look as if he got a rifle just for opening a new account. A lawsuit came of this...which Moore LOST.

2. He portrayed coverage of a NRA event which was quickly debunked as a fabrication where he took footage of 2 or 3 events and spliced them together to make a totally false representation. Even the documentary points out to watch things like the color of the speaker's tie and background. Something you could easily loose track of because everything else looked similar, but all Moore had to do was cut to a shot of the audience and then cut back to another clip. People focusing on just what is being said (but not always seeing the speaker utter the words) normally don't catch that the footage was switched out.

This is rank propaganda....Moore has no basis to call himself a documentary maker. It'd be no different than calling someone a researcher when what they do is doctor lab tests to produce a desired outcome.