Racists react predictibly to royal wedding.

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 12:27 pm

Of course, the online racists are not happy at all with the royal weddings half black bride. I think the two look great and am happy for the evidence that love conquers all. But I've seen posts like "did they serve fried chicken at the reception" and etc.

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 12:32 pm

Racism is just plain weird when you think about it. May as well start getting angry at everyone with green eyes and claiming you are better than them!

I assume racists have that mentality that bullies do, they have very low self esteem so just try and insult others to bring them down too.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 1:10 pm

White supremacists are usually the least 'supreme' examples of their own race. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 1:45 pm

I didn't get it for a completely different reason.

I got that he was marrying someone because he wanted to marry her - more power to him. I didn't get the whole 'this is a proud moment for'...rofl.... no, just no. His choice of bride would have been politically 'progressive' back in the 80's. If he wanted to be progressive and edgy in 2018 he'd need to marrying the first royal trans woman, and all of this I think reiterates the point that he married someone who he wanted to marry because he wanted to marry her.

I wish them the best of luck as a couple and as for Katie Hopkins pointing out that she looked shy or didn't carry herself like bulletproof aristocracy, aside from being American I wonder if a good portion of that was her knowing how loopy things were going to get.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 1:52 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I didn't get it for a completely different reason.

I got that he was marrying someone because he wanted to marry her - more power to him. I didn't get the whole 'this is a proud moment for'...rofl.... no, just no. His choice of bride would have been politically 'progressive' back in the 80's. If he wanted to be progressive and edgy in 2018 he'd need to marrying the first royal trans woman, and all of this I think reiterates the point that he married someone who he wanted to marry because he wanted to marry her.

I wish them the best of luck as a couple and as for Katie Hopkins pointing out that she looked shy or didn't carry herself like bulletproof aristocracy, aside from being American I wonder if a good portion of that was her knowing how loopy things were going to get.

Who said he did this to be "progressive?" I dont think thats the case at all. He married who he loved, and the pigs online are vomiting all over it because shes half "black" (American definition). Its horrible but completely predictible.

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 1:53 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
White supremacists are usually the least 'supreme' examples of their own race. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well said sir and completely true.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 2:17 pm

RainbowUnion wrote:
Who said he did this to be "progressive?" I dont think thats the case at all. He married who he loved, and the pigs online are vomiting all over it because shes half "black" (American definition). Its horrible but completely predictible.

I think what I was getting at is I was as confused by the racist response as I am by the people who wanted to act as if this was round two of Obama's presidential inauguration. This should be normal enough by now to barely arouse comment.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 2:22 pm

There was very little mentioned of her "race" in the wedding coverage itself.

I even forgot that she had a black mother.

I don't believe it really matters all that much to Harry. He doesn't feel like a "progressive" for marrying this lady, I don't believe.

Back in the 1990s, there would have been many commentators debating this issue.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 2:37 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
There was very little mentioned of her "race" in the wedding coverage itself.

That's good. It's probably the media doing what they do more than anything.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 3:13 pm

At this point, the British Royal Family is a mere tourist attraction. This interracial marriage will generate tourism. Everything is going according to plan.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 6:22 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
RainbowUnion wrote:

I think what I was getting at is I was as confused by the racist response as I am by the people who wanted to act as if this was round two of Obama's presidential inauguration. This should be normal enough by now to barely arouse comment.

We are talking about the royals. That makes it a big deal. Even Princess Kate was a bigger deal than Obama being elected POTUS even though Kate is lilly white because of how hidebound the royalty is. A prince marrying a white commoner is a bigger deal than America electing a Black president. What should be common place and what is are two different things.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 6:36 pm

Hopefully both Kate and Meghan will give the increasingly inbred royals two much needed shots of genetic diversity. The former from the gene pool of common white folks of Europe, and the latter drawing from an even wider gene pool of other continents.

Only a couple generations ago the Russian branch of the Royal Family had a kid with hemophelia.

If the royals continued with their ancient marriage rules of only marrying other royalty in a couple generations they might well have ended up like the Hapsburgs of the seventeenth century.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 6:38 pm

I've sometimes seen it claimed that Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, wife of George III and Queen of Great Britain (1761-1818), was a black lady, but think that's doubtful. None of the portraits or descriptions of their offspring seem to show any indications of a mixed-race heritage.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/ ... e-monarchy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlotte ... g-Strelitz

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 6:54 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
We are talking about the royals. That makes it a big deal. Even Princess Kate was a bigger deal than Obama being elected POTUS even though Kate is lilly white because of how hidebound the royalty is. A prince marrying a white commoner is a bigger deal than America electing a Black president. What should be common place and what is are two different things.

You could be right, and I suppose I'm so used to the US and how things are here that I'm having trouble translating my mind across waters with respect to aristocracy. We don't have lords, dukes, etc. but I've been to at least a few events in my day where the room was so filled with people who knew their family's exact rank in the county that the air almost felt unbreathable, and I'm sure this is probably that on steroids.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 10:12 pm

DeepHour wrote:
I've sometimes seen it claimed that Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, wife of George III and Queen of Great Britain (1761-1818), was a black lady, but think that's doubtful. None of the portraits or descriptions of their offspring seem to show any indications of a mixed-race heritage.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/ ... e-monarchy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlotte ... g-Strelitz

Queen Charlotte's ancestor Madragana, was Mozarab, not Moorish. Queen Charlotte most likely didn't have black ancestry.

Dido Elizabeth Belle on the other hand...

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 10:18 pm

I hate how a mixed race person marrying into a family of inherited unjust privilege is seen as progress in this country.