Conservative christians are devil worshippers

Page 5 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2014, 8:58 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
There are actually plenty of people who absolutely believe every word and syllable of Rand's fiction, or rather, the philosophy behind it.
And one man's fiction is another man's Gospel.

Again, do you not realize it when you move the goalposts, or do you think I simply won't notice? Believing in fiction and believing in the philosophy behind fiction are very different things, and you clearly said the former, and only twisted to the later when I called you on it. Further, you still can't criticize someone for believing in the philosophy behind fiction, as you do so yourself by your own admission, which you try to deflect with arguments about the relative merits of the fictions and their philosophies.

So I guess at this point the question really is: are you merely a hypocrite, or a dishonest one as well?

I don't fault them for taking Rand's fiction seriously; rather, it's the philosophy behind that fiction that I find so objectionable. That's as good of an answer you're going to get out of me.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2014, 10:05 pm

/\
Yeah, if it wasn't written by Marx, Engels, or Hegel then BURN IT! !!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2014, 10:58 pm

Raptor wrote:
/\

Who says I'm in favor of burning anything? In fact, it's been the right that has been guilty of torching objectionable reading material.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2014, 11:04 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
/\

Who says I'm in favor of burning anything? In fact, it's been the right that has been guilty of torching objectionable reading material.

Yeah, well the way you and your cronies go on about Ayn Rand all the time: Ayn Rand this, and Ayn Rand that, and how her books are holy scripture to the right.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2014, 11:10 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
/\

Yeah, well the way you and your cronies go on about Ayn Rand all the time: Ayn Rand this, and Ayn Rand that, and how her books are holy scripture to the right.

Just because I'm critical of what she wrote hardly means I want to see her books burned.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 Jan 2014, 11:28 pm

Raptor wrote:
/\

Don't worry, this was just Raptor's little joke; he didn't mean it to be taken literally or that he really thinks you burn books you don't agree with! :D

Maybe some books don't deserve to be read, but some people read 'em anyway.... the ones they want to read.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2014, 11:28 pm

I want to burn Harlequin Romances.I don't feel the least bit bad about it.

RandyG
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jan 2014, 11:30 pm

Tollorin wrote:
devil worshippers

Kraichgauer wrote:
Ayn Rand

I find it absolutely hilarious that Ayn Rand is now the Left's favorite bogeyman or devil figure. Behave yourselves, little Progressives, or a big scary Objectivist will come round and, uh, engage in voluntary trade with you for mutual benefit! :lmao:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2014, 11:34 pm

RandyG wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
devil worshippers

Kraichgauer wrote:
Ayn Rand

I find it absolutely hilarious that Ayn Rand is now the Left's favorite bogeyman or devil figure. Behave yourselves, little Progressives, or a big scary Objectivist will come round and, uh, engage in voluntary trade with you for mutual benefit! :lmao:

No, the bogeyman is today Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, and that twerp who ran as Romney's running mate. It's how that they use Ayn Rand's fiction as the basis of their abhorrent philosophy that we find so objectionable.

RandyG
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jan 2014, 11:54 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
No, the bogeyman is today Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, and that twerp who ran as Romney's running mate.

And yet it's not Cruz, Paul, or that twerp whom you've been going on and on about, through maybe a dozen posts in this thread alone.

Quote:
It's how that they use Ayn Rand's fiction as the basis of their abhorrent philosophy that we find so objectionable.

It's the portions of their personal philosophies which they did not get from Rand -- which is the vast majority of all of them -- which I find objectionable.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2014, 12:05 am

RandyG wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
No, the bogeyman is today Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, and that twerp who ran as Romney's running mate.

And yet it's not Cruz, Paul, or that twerp whom you've been going on and on about, through maybe a dozen posts in this thread alone.

Quote:
It's how that they use Ayn Rand's fiction as the basis of their abhorrent philosophy that we find so objectionable.

It's the portions of their personal philosophies which they did not get from Rand -- which is the vast majority of all of them -- which I find objectionable.

That's because she's their "Fountainhead."

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2014, 12:18 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
I don't fault them for taking Rand's fiction seriously; rather, it's the philosophy behind that fiction that I find so objectionable. That's as good of an answer you're going to get out of me.

So when you said:

Kraichgauer wrote:
It says something about her followers who can't tell the difference between fiction and non-fiction

You really just meant that you don't like the philosophy of Ayn Rand? Funny, it took multiple revisions and qualifications for met to get that meaning from it...

Does it occur to you that all of this evasiveness and unseemly weaseling of what you said could have been avoided with a simple "I was just being a dick"?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2014, 12:24 am

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

So when you said:

Kraichgauer wrote:
It says something about her followers who can't tell the difference between fiction and non-fiction

You really just meant that you don't like the philosophy of Ayn Rand? Funny, it took multiple revisions and qualifications for met to get that meaning from it...

Does it occur to you that all of this evasiveness and unseemly weaseling of what you said could have been avoided with a simple "I was just being a dick"?

If I'm being a dick, you must be rubbing off on me, my friend. :lol:

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2014, 12:30 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
That's because she's their "Fountainhead."

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: