Politically correct people stay out of my threads

Page 2 of 11 [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2007, 5:09 pm

It's called balance, just because I don't support political correctness doesn't mean I support gratuitous offensiveness either.

charlesbronstein
Raven
Raven

10 Feb 2007, 5:22 pm

...I haven't found anything offensive in your threads...you're arguments just don't have any point.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

10 Feb 2007, 9:52 pm

snake321 wrote:
People just need to take criticism without feeling like theyr being attacked.
i completley agree, where was this attitude when i was in your drug thread?

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2007, 11:15 pm

Dude in the drug thread you just basically rambled on about how stupid it you thought it was that I cared about the fate of a friend who became a drug addict. That WAS an attack. I asked for help, you bombarded me with insults.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

10 Feb 2007, 11:46 pm

absolutley not. if you think anything i said in that thread was an attack, you dont know what an attack is

Hazelwudi
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2007, 1:37 am

snake321 wrote:
For your info, no I don't hold the truth back to avoid conflict. It's f***ing stupid. Headphase you a a f***ing ret*d, what's more is you live in my area so if you weren't a stupid pc ret*d I might would actually consider hanging out with you.
If someone has a problem with facts, that's their problem. I don't run and hide from the truth. Truth=progress, skirting issues=coward.

Truth is a hammer.

Wielded one way, it can strengthen and create.

Wielded another way, it can maim and destroy.

The problem is not in the hammer, the problem is in how you wield it.

Suppose there's a woman who has some sort of glandular disorder. She's fairly hefty because of it. However, this same woman is also very kind to animals.

Saying she is fat is the truth... but saying she is compassionate is equally true.

Which truth will you choose to speak? Which way will you wield that hammer?

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2007, 3:02 am

I don't get what you mean, but I'd have to say she's compassionate before she's fat. That's not the issue though, here is a run down of how political correctness works:

sexism: Supposedly only men can be sexist, anything sexist a woman does is just called something else in order to avoid women taking responsibility for their sexism and attempt to angelicize all women, A man even says something that might be miscrunstrued or overly exagerated and be labled a sexist, while a woman can spout off all the sexism she feels like, many extremist feminist (not all feminists, the extreme ones who've hijacked the feminist movement) practices even do things that clearly hinder women's rights because theyr not rational enough to understand the consequences of their actions. Like labelling a woman as a traitor if she lives a happy, fulfilled sex life, for instance.
racism: Supposedly only whites can be racist, when blacks are racist they make up another name for it (sound familiar?). Illegal immigration, which is entirely not even about race, gets tagged by the pc police as a race issue, namely because theyr afraid that ***SOME*** hispanics will bogusly pull the race card anyways. Now, by assuming only whites are racist, your also being racist against racial minorities, because your assuming that they must somehow be biologically different than white people.
homophoebia: Need I say anything more than with many people, it's more of a trend than a genuine respect for their culture and way of life? But honestly, why can straight people be called homophoebes, but gay people can't be called heterophoebes? Do note my brother is bisexual, and I have no problems with anyones race, gender, or sexual orientation.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2007, 3:07 am

richardbenson wrote:
absolutley not. if you think anything i said in that thread was an attack, you dont know what an attack is

I said before you even wrote anything that if your gonna write saying "oh he's a dumb sack of s**t and your just as stupid for wanting to help him" then don't write.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

11 Feb 2007, 6:46 pm

hmm. thats very intresting cause i dont remember saying your friend was a sack of s**t and you were dumb for wanting to help him. maybe what you should do is go back and re-read what i actually said, instead of twisting what i said so you can be a victim

Xuincherguixe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2007, 4:32 am

If I see something that offends me, I'm going to go into any threads I want. If you can't stand 'politically correct' people in them, find another more appropriate forum for that.

Personally, 'political correctness' kind of bothers me too, but I figure I'd probably get lumped in with those people too since I believe in treating people with dignity and respect.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2007, 1:43 pm

I believe in treating people with decency and respect too, but political correctness is an ideology based on fear. All it does is pampers historically victimized groups and demonizes historically dominant groups. And individual doesn't choose what gender, race, or sexual orientation they belong to, and should not be held accountable for what theyr ancestors did. Equality is balance, but if I go to an board to get away from pc, I get religious fanatics in their place.

I do not understand why lacking a "theory of mind" is considered a symtom of mental illness, their "Theories of mind" basically boil down to the fact that most of them can't think for themselves and still act civilized. It's like people need something to follow, be it a religion, or a political affiliation, that gives them a pattern to form their thoughts around. It doesn't seem to matter how irrational or self-centered, or riddled with fear and guilt those patterns might prove to be, it doesn't even matter if it holds any truth to them. Theories of mind are what keep people AWAY from the truth.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2007, 1:46 pm

Of coarse most people only want to turn to the truth when it works in their own self-interest. Any other time they'll hide it, run from it, bend it, manipulate it, it just doesn't make any rational since at all.

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2007, 1:53 pm

Political correctness means always having to say you're sorry.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2007, 2:22 pm

Why should ***I*** feel responsible for what my ANCESTORS did though? I'm not sorry because **I** didn't do anything wrong. I never enslaved anyone, or raped women, or stole this land, or killed thousands of jews. I didn't do any of that stuff. Ahayes, you hit the nail right on the head.

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2007, 2:28 pm

My ancestors did none of that, I am an Ulster Scott.

Revenant
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2007, 2:38 pm

TheMachine1, I love you!

No, we're not entitled to have our own opinions in this forum so we better shut up all of us.