Page 1 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2014, 11:15 pm

Some Republicans Departing From State of Union Response Script

Cathy McMorris Rodgers spoke in the Republican rebuttal to the State of the Union. This got me thinking that there is really no uniting force in the Republican party right now. I wonder who will stand for the party in the next election.

There are plenty of contenders, but I think the party is in jeopardy and could break into factions.

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2014, 11:36 pm

the founding fathers warned against factions

look what we have now days

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2014, 12:27 am

You know that factionalism has infected the Republicans when they turn on one of their most conservative and elder leaders, John McCain. I always thought McCain and Barry Goldwater were alike: snarling pit bulls and war hawks.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2014, 12:46 am

chris5000 wrote:
the founding fathers warned against factions

look what we have now days

Didn't the founding father's also keep slaves, I wouldn't necessarily subscribe to their thoughts.
Conservative parties are quagmired in the past. It's a little more healthy to look to the future. A future where gun ownership is illegal, drug use is deregulated, healthcare and education is free, welfare is expanded, interracial marriage is encouraged and foreigners are free to migrate to the states whenever they want.

What does it say on the Statue of Liberty? "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I'm sure that will send shivers down the spine of any fundamentalist republican :lol:

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2014, 1:26 am

Next president will be Republican. Why? Just because it's their turn. At least that's the pattern. I wonder who they'll choose?

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2014, 1:34 am

JSBACHlover wrote:
Next president will be Republican. Why? Just because it's their turn. At least that's the pattern. I wonder who they'll choose?

The federal gummint ain't Pennsylvania, where this happens every 8 years, although with the way Corbett has screwed everything up, that might change.

luanqibazao
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2014, 1:47 am

cyberdad wrote:
A future where gun ownership is illegal, (...) healthcare and education is free, welfare is expanded

Better rename the statue then ....

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2014, 2:13 am

[Thread moved from News and Current Events to PPR]

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2014, 3:02 am

it seems the stock republican response usually can be boiled down to one word: NO.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2014, 6:14 am

Cathy McMorris Rodgers is unfortunately my senator. Hey, I didn't vote for her.

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2014, 6:27 am

I hope I'm not derailing the thread, but I hate Fox News, and if you say they aren't an unofficial mouthpiece for the Republican Party, you're full of it. They had it on the TV at work tonight all night. All they did was criticize President Obama for the most trivial, inconsequential things. It is like they can't say anything positive about the president. They have to search as hard as they can to find some kind of "gotcha" to announce to their right-wing viewers. I hate this us-versus them bs. The headline tonight was that Barack Obama plagiarized George W. Bush. How can it be plagiarism if neither president writes their own speeches. They went way out on a limb to find something to pick at the president about. It would be different if there were some legitimate policy discussion. All it is is right-wing propaganda. It makes me sick. At least be forthright and say that you are entertainment for conservatives. Don't masquerade as the news. MSNBC is obviously for liberals. They don't try to hide it. Once again, I hate Fox News and everything it stands for. I also hate the Republican Party!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2014, 6:43 am

em_tsuj wrote:
I hope I'm not derailing the thread, but I hate Fox News, and if you say they aren't an unofficial mouthpiece for the Republican Party, you're full of it. They had it on the TV at work tonight all night. All they did was criticize President Obama for the most trivial, inconsequential things. It is like they can't say anything positive about the president. They have to search as hard as they can to find some kind of "gotcha" to announce to their right-wing viewers. I hate this us-versus them bs. The headline tonight was that Barack Obama plagiarized George W. Bush. How can it be plagiarism if neither president writes their own speeches. They went way out on a limb to find something to pick at the president about. It would be different if there were some legitimate policy discussion. All it is is right-wing propaganda. It makes me sick. At least be forthright and say that you are entertainment for conservatives. Don't masquerade as the news. MSNBC is obviously for liberals. They don't try to hide it. Once again, I hate Fox News and everything it stands for. I also hate the Republican Party!

You had to listen to Fox all night? You have my sympathy.
A while back, my wife, daughter, and I tried out a BBQ restaurant, where we found Fox news blaring on the TV set. I asked one of the workers there if it was possible to change the channel, saying that I hated Fox. The guy only muttered that that was the only station they got. From then on till we left, the guy running the place gave me the evil eye. We never went back (more for the high prices for a rather skimpy amount of food than for the political climate), and apparently we weren't the only ones, as this restaurant eventually went out of business.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2014, 8:11 am

Elections are not won, they are lost.

After eight years of either branch of The Party, everyone is sick of their lies.

We need a Third Party, with new lies.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2014, 8:55 am

The RNC is fractured.

You have CONSERVATIVE (the "real" Republicans) and you have the Old Guard Republicans (the ones running the party).

The ones running the party DO NOT represent the values of the majority of those who would be called "Republicans."

Conservatives are tired of the leadership serving its own interests. I doubt they will improve relations unless they can remove these phonies from control of the party, but I doubt it. Big money controls the leadership of both parties.

TheGoggles
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2014, 10:02 am

I liked how she accidentally implied that she's the only person in her family who doesn't live in crippling poverty.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2014, 10:52 am

I think they've found the new Michelle Bachmann! :roll:

:lol: