Are religions unfair to women?
Yes 75%  75%  [ 43 ]
No 25%  25%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 57

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2014, 11:16 pm

No, no war profiteers in Arcata, California.
edit: at least not direct ones. There are, of course, retirees and people with mutual fund investments (just like in any other American town) who don't control their funds company-by-company, and some of them no doubt are making profits from some pretty shady companies, not just war profiteers.

Tell me, do you really believe that Apple is the only company taking advantage of workers in China?

Also, is that really all you have left? Name calling and attacking my tech?

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 1:51 am

AngelRho wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
Ort snay!

You can't come back from that one! Well done!
I even made a game out of it! http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt254572.html I was inspired by a certain amused feminist so why not? Its fun to be goofy and my hyperactivity and ASD are kicking in! Weeee!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2014, 2:41 pm

Religions are unfair to everyone except the men who routinely edit and rewrite the already edited and rewritten "Holy Books," in ways that benefit themselves and their own interests exclusively. When reality begins to overtake them they issue a new edition of their "Holy Books," in order to fabricate and embellish ludicrous "justification," for the parts of their "Holy Books" that are currently being questioned. Whatever it takes to maintain the power structure and the money flow. Keep the guilt trip alive.

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2014, 1:05 am

The god of Canaan at the time the Israelis started taking over was EL. Some scholars think he's the original god of Isra-EL but either way he merged with Yahweh at some point. In Canaanite mythology El gets sexually aroused when he sees women on a beach, has sex with two consenting women there and they give birth to dawn and dusk. And he doesn't stop there.

So once the fully monotheistic Yahweh lost his d*** I think women (and goddesses) were screwed. You can't celebrate what he can't do. Until Mary anyway and that was highly abstracted magical conception.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2014, 2:29 am

*snort* *snort* *snort* *snort* *snort* *snort* *snort* *snort* *snort* feminist fail to claim for equality when ignoring male issues as well as encouraging sexism against males like considering all men as rapists etc in way being sexit themselves!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2014, 2:41 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
*snort* *snort* *snort* *snort* *snort* *snort* *snort* *snort* *snort* feminist fail to claim for equality when ignoring male issues as well as encouraging sexism against males like considering all men as rapists etc in way being sexit themselves!

Where does that go on? Women thinking all men are rapists? That would be like men thinking all women are nymphomaniacs, or cannibals.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2014, 3:55 am

khaoz wrote:
That would be like men thinking all women are nymphomaniacs, or cannibals.

That would make oral sex somewhat risky.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2014, 4:15 am

TallyMan wrote:
khaoz wrote:
That would be like men thinking all women are nymphomaniacs, or cannibals.

That would make oral sex somewhat risky.

Isn't it always?

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2014, 7:46 am

Genesis 6 wrote:
And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, that the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose....

...There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2014, 8:28 am

ArrantPariah wrote:
Genesis 6 wrote:
And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, that the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose....

...There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Right. I always took those to be angels screwing around. There is a passage somewhere that is sometimes interpreted that women should cover their hair to avoid attracting the wrong kind of angel's attention.

But it also might be a reference to El's younger days when he was apparently quite horny.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2014, 10:14 am

simon_says wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
Genesis 6 wrote:

Right. I always took those to be angels screwing around. There is a passage somewhere that is sometimes interpreted that women should cover their hair to avoid attracting the wrong kind of angel's attention.

But it also might be a reference to El's younger days when he was apparently quite horny.

Not counting all the times all of these passages have been edited and rewritten over and over to the benefit of the rapist.. Nice work of fiction though, if you need help with constipation issues.