Page 9 of 13 [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2014, 9:38 am

I can't even tell what it used to be.
It looks like someone tried to make a variant of a Sonderkraftfahrzeug 251 out of it without much luck.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2014, 9:48 am

It must actually move,or have been moved,the grass has been mown under it.
It almost looks like an Impala,except for the rear window.I think it maybe two different cars,the front does look like about a mid sixties Impala.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2014, 10:06 am

It's just some kind of junk art. If it's moved it was with a big forklift or a crane. At this angle a common weed whacker can make it look like the grass under it has been mowed.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2014, 10:36 am

I think Republicans are just utterly embarrassed that they can't get nearly as many dead people to vote for them as Democrats can.

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 12:51 pm

Raptor wrote:
Looks like some of that incivility you accuse me of creeping in there. :shameonyou:
If I were a betting man, I'd bet that this \/ is what has your tail in a knot; having your own level of logic and "I want" and "I feel" rationale applied to another hot topic.

When have I claimed that I was civil? I merely point out that you don't really have the high ground when you make those same accusations. It is a respond in kind situatioin. That is what "has my tail in a knot." It is the fact that you keep trying to say that you making valid points, when all you really do is bash others and cherry pick sentences (and sometimes individual words) out of a larger statement to ridicule, all the while accusing me of unfairly pointing out your own garbage.

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 1:36 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Sound like anyone you've been arguing with lately? Someone who claims to be "on our side" but who has "concerns" about non-existent problems and possible backlash to another shooting if something isn't done perhaps?

I'm not realy on anyone's side. I AM a gun owner, and I do not think they should be taken away. I DO think that every dangerous thing (including firearms) should be regulated.

Although I suppose aspects of my posts do come across as a "concern troll," but those posts are usually in direct response to Raptor specifically, and is a reflection of my tendency to try to find common ground before addressing exact opposites, which seems to rarely work in practice.

Last edited by sonofghandi on 31 Mar 2014, 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 1:51 pm

Funny how a thread about how the allegations of voter fraud is only a smoke screen to disenfranchise "undesirable voters" has been turned (by those who may be defenders of this practice) to a defense of gun rights. I think to deflect from the merits of the OP.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 4:06 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Funny how a thread about how the allegations of voter fraud is only a smoke screen to disenfranchise "undesirable voters" has been turned (by those who may be defenders of this practice) to a defense of gun rights. I think to deflect from the merits of the OP.

Apparently, the OP's paranoia is catching, as I'm sure this is not the first thread you've seen go wildly off the rails, no sinister agenda required.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 4:22 pm

sonofghandi wrote:
I'm not realy on anyone's side. I AM a gun owner, and I do not think they should be taken away. I DO think that every dangerous thing (including firearms) should be regulated.

Here's the problem; when questioned on this regulation that you desire and the how/what/why of it, you get notably vague and fuzzy about the details, just throwing in some sops to 'with the NRA's cooperation' and such, without actually justifying this want of yours, or providing any evidence of efficacy, which would be tough seeing as how you never give specifics anyway. That's why Raptor keeps hammering you about trying to legislate your feelings, you're not giving any other reasoning or justification beyond that for what you want. When I seriously argue guns, I bring statistics and studies and comparisons of crime rates and various other pieces of hard data to the table, with sources, so anyone who wants to dispute me is free to look at the same number I am and try and punch holes in my conclusions, my data, or both; you don't do that, and so it's hard to take you or your ideas seriously.

sonofghandi wrote:
Although I suppose aspects of my posts do come across as a "concern troll," but those posts are usually in direct response to Raptor specifically, and is a reflection of my tendency to try to find common ground before addressing exact opposites, which seems to rarely work in practice.

Regardless of your intention, it's annoying and pointless, which is why I advised him to let it go. You're not worth arguing with because there's no substance to what you post, I don't think I can put it any plainer.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 4:56 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

On page 7 of this thread I explained it to you specifically and thought I'd made it abundantly clear that I was applying sonofghandi's flawed logic on gun control to this topic. I guess I need to use bigger fonts, shorter words, and pictures.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 5:06 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Apparently, the OP's paranoia is catching, as I'm sure this is not the first thread you've seen go wildly off the rails, no sinister agenda required.

Sure, threads go off the rails, but it seems to me that guns were brought up specifically as a tit for tat sort of thing. It's like, "Well, I don't think voting rights are actually being violated, but if you want to see REAL violations of constitutional rights, look at how I'm oppressed in regard to owning and shooting any gun I want!"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 5:08 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

On page 7 of this thread I explained it to you specifically and thought I'd made it abundantly clear that I was applying sonofghandi's flawed logic on gun control to this topic. I guess I need to use bigger fonts, shorter words, and pictures.

Okay, so you made your point on page 7 - - why pursue it any further?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 5:22 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Apparently I didnt make the point strongly enough to you. Later on the same page (page 7) you got in the game with this little nugget to further perpetate things:
Kraichgauer wrote:
But is the right to make a gun go bang bang of the same weighty category as legally exercising the right to vote, or to expect equal treatment in public? I could go my whole life without firing a gun and be perfectly happy, but take away my right to vote or participate in government, or treat me like a second class citizen, and suddenly my position in society has diminished considerably, both literally, and in the eyes of my fellow citizens.

Of course, your boy sonofghandi decided to continue to be disingenuous (big surprise :roll: )and that kept the fire going a little longer.
And now you ask again why this thread went where it did?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 5:35 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Apparently I didnt make the point strongly enough to you. Later on the same page (page 7) you got in the game with this little nugget to further perpetate things:
Kraichgauer wrote:
But is the right to make a gun go bang bang of the same weighty category as legally exercising the right to vote, or to expect equal treatment in public? I could go my whole life without firing a gun and be perfectly happy, but take away my right to vote or participate in government, or treat me like a second class citizen, and suddenly my position in society has diminished considerably, both literally, and in the eyes of my fellow citizens.

Of course, your boy sonofghandi decided to continue to be disingenuous (big surprise :roll: )and that kept the fire going a little longer.
And now you ask again why this thread went where it did?

I can't speak for sonofghandi, but I was being absolutely sincere. The only use I see guns having as making them go bang bang, while I think voting rights are of more importance when it comes to making your voice and will known to the government. But that's just me. I don't recall ever saying you have to believe what I believe, or that your concerns over gun rights should be disregarded in the public square. It just seems to me that "undesirable voters" are purposely being disenfranchised for racist reasons, and that's very much of concern to me.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 5:48 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
It just seems to me that "undesirable voters" are purposely being disenfranchised for racist reasons, and that's very much of concern to me.

Even if I take the whole voter suppression thing at face value, which I don't, it wouldn't be about racism, it would be about politics; identifying demographics that are likely to vote against you, and making it more difficult for them to vote (it's been around for years, it's called 'caging'). It would still be underhanded and dirty, but that's not the same thing as racist motivations.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 5:58 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
It just seems to me that "undesirable voters" are purposely being disenfranchised for racist reasons, and that's very much of concern to me.

Even if I take the whole voter suppression thing at face value, which I don't, it wouldn't be about racism, it would be about politics; identifying demographics that are likely to vote against you, and making it more difficult for them to vote (it's been around for years, it's called 'caging'). It would still be underhanded and dirty, but that's not the same thing as racist motivations.

You don't think it's significant that those voters being disenfranchised for their political affiliation tend to be of a specific race?