Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2016, 1:45 pm

Thoughts on how the government uses freedom as slavery? Freedom as a lie to keep people in line?

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2016, 2:46 pm

Well, I'm thinking that some of the politicians who are trying to sell the American public on banning guns because it will bring them freedom from harm, is a lie to keep people who own guns, in line.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2016, 3:10 pm

True freedom would be anarchy. As the purity of freedom goes.

Luhluhluh
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2016, 3:28 pm

Several things pop to my mind.

The idea of mandatory flag worship in schools for one. Requiring children to pledge allegiance to a symbol before they know what they are saying, drilling it into their heads daily, and punishing or ostracizing them for refusing or choosing to make a statement against the policies of said flag's country.

And god forbid you might burn that flag in a protest. Irony is being punished for exercising your First Amendment rights to burn a symbol that supposedly represents those rights. Hilarious. :D

lordoflegions
Raven
Raven

13 Dec 2016, 4:19 pm

George nailed it on the head. People say they live in a free country, yet everyone seem to work like a slave and think like a slave.

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2016, 8:04 pm

I too find it hypocritical that the "land of the free" is rather not so. They want to make independent media illegal in the wake of the "fake news from Russian hackers" thing, which is a practice highly reminiscent of many communist states. They don't want you to have an opinion that differs from what they want to push today. They might as well end elections in the wake of the candidate they obviously didn't want getting in.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2016, 8:30 pm

Facts are relevant and important. Misinformation is just propaganda and dangerous.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2016, 8:35 pm

People need to be critical about the information they promote. If you believe something purely because it is aligned with your own confirmation bias, you are part of the problem.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2016, 11:45 am

Luhluhluh wrote:
Several things pop to my mind.

The idea of mandatory flag worship in schools for one. Requiring children to pledge allegiance to a symbol before they know what they are saying, drilling it into their heads daily, and punishing or ostracizing them for refusing or choosing to make a statement against the policies of said flag's country.

And god forbid you might burn that flag in a protest. Irony is being punished for exercising your First Amendment rights to burn a symbol that supposedly represents those rights. Hilarious. :D

Yeah, That's for one.