Conservative admits smart people not Conservative

Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Apr 2013
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,940

12 Apr 2014, 5:51 pm

.. and this guy wants to be President. Santorum net worth estimated to be around 5 million dollars and he calls people who disagree with his position "elitists"

http://nation.foxnews.com/rick-santorum ... e-our-side



sephardic-male
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 274
Location: Toronto, Canada

12 Apr 2014, 6:37 pm

duh!


_________________
http://theothermccain.com/category/feminism/sex-trouble/

Robert Stacy McCain's sex trouble series


Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2004
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,153
Location: Houston, Texas

12 Apr 2014, 7:13 pm

This was about 2 years ago.

But yes, Santorum is on the crazy side.


_________________
Who’s better at math than a robot? They’re made of math!


khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Apr 2013
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,940

12 Apr 2014, 7:19 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
This was about 2 years ago.

But yes, Santorum is on the crazy side.


It is still relevant today. A lot of right wing extreme Tea Party types are threatened by intelligence. That's why they all want to implement biblical law. Oppressive. They want to put their thumb down on knowledge and curiosity. They want to "dumb" America down.



sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2007
Age: 42
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,540
Location: Cleveland, OH (and not the nice part)

14 Apr 2014, 9:17 am

Actually, self identified Tea Party activists tend to have a higher rate of intelligent and educated people. It also has a higher concentration of wealthier people. Intelligent and wealthy people are much more likely to favor the elimination of business regulations, transparency, and government oversight as well as promoting religionover science. It is good for business.

It is when you factor in the more fundamentalist conservatives that you see average education levels and intelligence plummet.


_________________
"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently" -Nietzsche


Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,284
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

14 Apr 2014, 10:03 am

Santorum's reputation as a conservative comes from his religious nuttery, his actual record says something a lot different. Think George W Bush 'compassionate conservative'. The guy is a joke and was propped up by the media and outside groups in the 2012 elections to torpedo Ron Paul's support in Iowa with Evangelicals and to try to associate the GOP with his extreme religious views.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,823
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

14 Apr 2014, 3:37 pm

At one time, conservatives could boast of having genuine intellectuals the likes of William F. Buckley in their corner. Today, education and intelligence is seen in many conservative circles as the realm of liberal elitists, preferring the pontifications of such dullards as Michele Bachmann and Sarah Palin. The right believe they've found their niche among disaffected white working class people, and the rural underclass, who see their notions of religion, sexuality, and race relations under fire, and they play such people with their fears for all they're worth.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,694
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

14 Apr 2014, 3:44 pm

:roll: Sigh.....
1) Santorum is not going to get elected
2) Conservatives other than the extreme fringe are not anti-education and/or anti-intellectual


_________________
“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
- William F. Buckley


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,823
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

14 Apr 2014, 4:04 pm

Raptor wrote:
:roll: Sigh.....
1) Santorum is not going to get elected
2) Conservatives other than the extreme fringe are not anti-education and/or anti-intellectual


No, he isn't going to get elected, but he might just get enough support that his input is not even acceptable but even sought after when it comes time for formulation of the Republican campaign planks.
And while Leaders of the Republican party may not be genuinely anti-education, they still have catered to such persons, especially in regard to the tea party, and the way Fox noise talks down to their viewers (Here's an actual quote from one of Fox's blonde bimbos regarding Obama's department Czars: "I looked up the word Czar, and it means king!").


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,694
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

14 Apr 2014, 4:27 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
:roll: Sigh.....
1) Santorum is not going to get elected
2) Conservatives other than the extreme fringe are not anti-education and/or anti-intellectual


No, he isn't going to get elected, but he might just get enough support that his input is not even acceptable but even sought after when it comes time for formulation of the Republican campaign planks.
And while Leaders of the Republican party may not be genuinely anti-education, they still have catered to such persons, especially in regard to the tea party, and the way Fox noise talks down to their viewers (Here's an actual quote from one of Fox's blonde bimbos regarding Obama's department Czars: "I looked up the word Czar, and it means king!").

And the Democratic party never caters to left wing wackos?
Oh I get it, your wackos are better than ours. What was I thinking?
:roll:


_________________
“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
- William F. Buckley


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,823
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

14 Apr 2014, 4:46 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
:roll: Sigh.....
1) Santorum is not going to get elected
2) Conservatives other than the extreme fringe are not anti-education and/or anti-intellectual


No, he isn't going to get elected, but he might just get enough support that his input is not even acceptable but even sought after when it comes time for formulation of the Republican campaign planks.
And while Leaders of the Republican party may not be genuinely anti-education, they still have catered to such persons, especially in regard to the tea party, and the way Fox noise talks down to their viewers (Here's an actual quote from one of Fox's blonde bimbos regarding Obama's department Czars: "I looked up the word Czar, and it means king!").

And the Democratic party never caters to left wing wackos?
Oh I get it, your wackos are better than ours. What was I thinking?
:roll:


Sure they have, but when have they lately?


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,694
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

14 Apr 2014, 8:05 pm

Maybe, maybe not. I don't spend all my time wringing my hands over what the democrats are doing.
Whether they're wacko depends on who's perspective you look at them from.


_________________
“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
- William F. Buckley


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,823
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

14 Apr 2014, 8:26 pm

Raptor wrote:
Maybe, maybe not. I don't spend all my time wringing my hands over what the democrats are doing.
Whether they're wacko depends on who's perspective you look at them from.


People on the left representing civil rights have either been called race pimps by conservatives who dismiss racism, or are condemned for wanting to destroy traditional values for fighting for LGBT rights by homophobes. These people are the ones who the right defames as leftist wackos.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Dec 2012
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,919

14 Apr 2014, 8:44 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
:roll: Sigh.....
1) Santorum is not going to get elected
2) Conservatives other than the extreme fringe are not anti-education and/or anti-intellectual


No, he isn't going to get elected, but he might just get enough support that his input is not even acceptable but even sought after when it comes time for formulation of the Republican campaign planks.
And while Leaders of the Republican party may not be genuinely anti-education, they still have catered to such persons, especially in regard to the tea party, and the way Fox noise talks down to their viewers (Here's an actual quote from one of Fox's blonde bimbos regarding Obama's department Czars: "I looked up the word Czar, and it means king!").


Things like this make me sad I don't have Fox News here. It sounds hilarious.
Whether Czar means king or emperor is probably debatable.



simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Jan 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,075

14 Apr 2014, 8:53 pm

Santorum is upset because he sees education as a threat to faith.



starkid
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Feb 2012
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,613
Location: California Bay Area

14 Apr 2014, 9:35 pm

sonofghandi wrote:
Actually, self identified Tea Party activists tend to have a higher rate of intelligent and educated people


Compared to whom?