God exists. I can prove it. You can prove it too

Page 1 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 3:30 pm

I wrote this philosophical "essay", which I take as a prove for God's existence.

For those of you who don't want to read the entire essay, there is a short version of it:

Short essay:

Quote:
God is the Ultimate Reality. Ultimate Reality exists wether you like it or not, and wether you know of it or not.

The Ultimate Reality is like if you are residing in Europe, and an unkown bird is flying around in an unknown place in Australia.
The bird has no relations to your life, and you have no reasons to believe in the existence of the bird. But the bird DOES exist, even though nobody knows of it.

The Ultimate Reality is every single element in the universe and their relationships to each other, combined, that makes up God.
Ultimate Reality exists wether you want it or not. Ultimate Reality is real. Hence, God is real.

Long essay:

Quote:
The concept of "God" or "gods" is very diffuse, or let's call it foggy.

I imagine God or a human soul as being something self-sustaining, rather than something that can be traced back to
a singularity or that of an object, a unit or entity.

It is like when you have three dots on a piece of paper, which then forms a triangle.

The triangle exists, because of these dots. It need not be characterized by a fourth dot in the middle, to sustain itself,
because the triangle works like an arch of bricks: It is Self-sustaining.

So is God. Nobody can trace God to a particular unit or entity of the universe. Rather, God is within
the universe.

And God created the universe, but God also taught mankind stuff about themselves.
So is God an intelligent designer of the Big Bang? No. God needed not use much intelligence, if any at all,
to create the universe. The universe is fairly simple to create, if you have the power to do so. And God had.
God had all the power of the universe, to create the universe.

So you could say that God created the universe in his own image. He created the universe, from himself.

But the most important thing about God is not that of the origin of the universe. Rather, the important thing is
our relationship with God. What is God, to us humans? The answer is in ourselves. Humanity is pretty intelligent.
It is capable of reflecting upon its own existence and its own end (death). Little to no other species are capable of
that sort of self-reflection to the degree that humanity possess.

You could say that God invented man, from simple means.
And man, reflected upon its own existence, and God emerged with a consciousness, instantanously as humans got its consciousness.

God IS the ultimate reality. Humanity needs to know the ultimate reality. Humans need to know God.

So you could say that God spoke to humanity, through its own conscioussness, at the instant the human conscioussness was born.

God is like the triangle of dots: To speak of a triangle with only one reference to a dot, makes no sense. There is no triangle.
But speak of the three dots in relation to each other, you get to see the triangle.

so is God. God is not in each individual human being. That is a common misunderstanding of both Gnosticism and Buddhism and other
such religious philosophies. Rather, God is our common relationship with each other. Again, I must defy another common misconception that could
arise from this saying, that is, to speak of God as "what the majority of people believe in" (be it philosophy, science, religion, ethics, politics and so on).

It is not so. God is not speaking on behalf of the majority of people. Neither is God our relationship with each other, God is our COMMON relationship with each other.

I need to elaborate on this, I think:

God holds the ultimate truth of reality. Only God knows the ultimate truth. God is every specie on the planet, every star, every atom, in relationship to each and everyone.
If you get to know the entire relationship between each and every element of the entire Universe, you know the ultimate reality. You know the ultimate Truth.
You are reality. You are the ultimate Truth. You will never die. You are God.

As mere mortal beings, which can die, eventually get re-born, either as humans again, or as ashes without conscience, and as part of the entire system,
we will never get to know everything.

But what we can do, is to examine the world around us, and discover God's demandings through nature. As a human society, we can examine what works best for a society,
and examine what God's Civilisatory Laws are. But we will never fully comprehend the entire God.

For that, as mere animals, but with the strength of the human capability of advanced consciousness, we can guess.

Guessing may be wrong or it may be right. That is why we must not guess in blindness of the world. If we are basing our guess on what we currently know,
and what we can currently calculate, we can estimate our guess in, at least, somewhat the right direction.

That is why our belief in God is important. We can never, as humans, prove God right. God IS right and God has ALWAYS been right. He needs not be proven right.
But we can never know what God ultimately meant, because we can't speak Universe. We are not God, we are not the entire universe, and hence we cannot grasp everything in the universe.

So claiming that "God said this" and "let's built our society upon what God just told us" would be insane.

But that is not the most important that I want to talk about. The important stuff is the fact that Ultimate Reality DOES exist. It is not relative. There is an ultimate reality.
Even though I am not looking at a particular bird in Australia, because I am in Europe, and even though that particular bird in Australia has absolutely
NO influence on my life and will NEVER have any influence on my life, whatsoever, doesn't mean the bird does not exist. Quite the contrary. The bird in Australia, DOES
exist, even though it has never been filmed, even though nobody knows it exists, Ultimate Reality (God) knows it exists, and so, it does exist.

That is Ultimate Reality. That is God (not the bird, but the knowledge of Ultimate Reality).

And I have now proved God's existence.

Last edited by thinkinginpictures on 26 Apr 2014, 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 3:35 pm

Your essay proves nothing. All you offer is speculation or opinion.

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 3:38 pm

TallyMan wrote:

Did you read it?

I'd like to know what part of my essay is only speculation.

Also:
Your comment seems like an automated response to the thread title, rather than to that of the essay itself.
I may be wrong, but that is how it seems from my speculatory point of view.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 3:42 pm

thinkinginpictures wrote:
TallyMan wrote:

Did you read it?

You start off with "God is the Ultimate Reality." You've just pulled that out of a hat with nothing to support the claim.
You finish with "Ultimate Reality exists wether you want it or not. Ultimate Reality is real. Hence, God is real. " Again you are just stating your opinion. It does not follow that God is real or exists or is the ultimate reality.

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 3:44 pm

TallyMan wrote:
TallyMan wrote:

Did you read it?

You start off with "God is the Ultimate Reality." You've just pulled that out of a hat with nothing to support the claim.
You finish with "Ultimate Reality exists wether you want it or not. Ultimate Reality is real. Hence, God is real. " Again you are just stating your opinion. It does not follow that God is real or exists or is the ultimate reality.

That depends on how we define God.

If you choose to call your coffee cup "God", then God surely does exist - even to you.

Last edited by thinkinginpictures on 26 Apr 2014, 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 3:45 pm

I've just read through your long version and that too is just one unfounded assertion after another. There isn't a shred of evidence in the whole thing! The whole lot is pure opinion with nothing to support it.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 3:46 pm

It's an excellent point!! !

What mathematical equation could you perform that would prove the bird exists if you have never seen a bird and have frame of reference?
It would be super easy to tell people "I have never experienced it through my senses and cannot make up a mathematical equation so it cannot possibly exist" yet we know there are organisms that exist we haven't even discovered on this planet!
Anything is possible and nobody knows because of the limitations we experience as humans. We are limited. Pure and simple. No one on this planet knows everything even though most are guilty of solipsism from time to time.

We have no idea if there is a God.

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 3:47 pm

TallyMan wrote:
I've just read through your long version and that too is just one unfounded assertion after another. There isn't a shred of evidence in the whole thing! The whole lot is pure opinion with nothing to support it.

From my definition of God, God exists.

I could say that in my private language, a banana is called "God" in ThinkingInPicture's private language.
So, any banana is a god.

That, however, I felt was too silly.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 3:49 pm

TallyMan wrote:

I could say that in my private language, a banana is called "God" in ThinkingInPicture's private language.
So, any banana is a god.

I'll agree with you that bananas exist. If you choose to call them "God" it is your affair! :lol: However, I see no reason to attribute the existence of the universe to a banana.

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 3:51 pm

TallyMan - I am afraid you are coming up with an automated comment, again, to my post.

For every time I write "is", you search for a link or source, and if the result is negative, you say it is an "unfounded assertion". Sort of like a computer scanning my text.

I don't like that, frankly. It's not constructive criticism.

Last edited by thinkinginpictures on 26 Apr 2014, 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 3:53 pm

TallyMan wrote:
TallyMan wrote:

So, any banana is a god.

I'll agree with you that bananas exist. If you choose to call them "God" it is your affair! :lol: However, I see no reason to attribute the existence of the universe to a banana.

Again, you attribute the concept of God from YOUR definition of God (whatever that is, maybe the Abrahamic God).

In that sense, you are right, God does not exist, if it is the Abrahamic God.

I am not speaking of the Abrahamic God.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 3:53 pm

TallyMan - I am afraid you are coming up with an automated comment, again, to my post.

For every time I write "is", you search for a link or source, and if the result is negative, you say it is an "unfounded assertion". Sort of like a computer scanning my text.

I don't like that, frankly.

Of course I look for something to support what you are saying. It is a bold assertion to claim that you have PROOF that God exists. I have yet to see anything resembling PROOF in anything you have said. If I told you that I can prove that flying pink unicorns exist you would expect more from me than my assertion that they exist.

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 3:55 pm

TallyMan wrote:

I don't like that, frankly.

Of course I look for something to support what you are saying. It is a bold assertion to claim that you have PROOF that God exists. I have yet to see anything resembling PROOF in anything you have said. If I told you that I can prove that flying pink unicorns exist you would expect more from me than my assertion that they exist.

My argumentation and my definitions is my evidence.

Don't like my arguments or definitions? Feel free to come up with counter-arguments.
You haven't done that so far.

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 3:56 pm

TallyMan, are you familiar with coding software?

Because, I think that could come in handy when understanding my arguments in this post.
I use the idea behind coding software, the ideas of constants and variables and definitions, and arguments,
in building up my essay.

Last edited by thinkinginpictures on 26 Apr 2014, 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 3:58 pm

The other gods exist. They don't like your arguments therefore you are in big trouble. There is nothing I can do about it so don't ask.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 3:58 pm

No one believes my stories either. :(