The Sudanese woman sentenced to death for apostacy

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 4:31 am

What kind of madness is this? Why do people actually feel threatened by this? That she has to give birth with chains on her legs. Do Sudanese belie that Apostacy is dark witchcraft or something?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... -says.html

Last edited by khaoz on 29 May 2014, 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 4:37 am

Islam is one very sick religion. It brings out the worst possible behaviour in people. Worse still it legitimises brutality and inhumane behaviour in the name of its religion. Islam is sick, sick, sick. :cry:

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 4:39 am

TallyMan wrote:
Islam is one very sick religion. It brings out the worst possible behaviour in people. Worse still it legitimises brutality and inhumane behaviour in the name of its religion. Islam is sick, sick, sick. :cry:

And when her husband finally get in to see the baby he talks of how happy he is to see his daughter but no mention of happiness to see his wife after the birth. Some wickedness there.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 7:41 am

TallyMan wrote:

Being anti-Islam much of the time is being pro-humanity.

Islam is anti-me, so I am anti-Islam.

UnLoser
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 8:57 pm

I deeply take issue with condemning Islam as a whole just because of what some or even most of it's followers believe. I don't believe that many American muslims believe in such crazy and barbaric practices; probably they cherry pick the parts of the doctrine that resonate with them and reject the rest, just like all Christians do. Many of them probably even manage to practice the religion in a way that has a net positive effect on their lives. To condemn their religion as a whole would be seen as a personal attack, and is insensitive.

I dislike political incorrectness of any sort, because to me political correctness just means giving people their due respect.

SoftwareEngineer
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 10:34 pm

Terrible. Even if they don't care about her, what about her children? My guess is this is a political terrorism move to keep the people in line. The Sudanese government will play it for all it's worth and still hang her. Thus, the people will be in fear and manageable.

In Iran, they have just a few hanging offenses, but two of them are super broad. You can swing for anything that can be construed as an offense against Islam or treason. And, judges can decide just about anything qualifies as one or the other. I expect Sudan to go the same route.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 10:37 pm

There goes your Muslim. Different mountain, different God.

ruveyn