for leaving a bible in hotel room.

Good.

http://news.yahoo.com/north-korea-holds ... ories.html

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

07 Jun 2014, 12:27 am

expect to see a lot more Americans being taken captive after that Taliban deal, everybody is going to want to deal

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2014, 2:35 am

Why the hell anyone would want to go to North Korea, I can't figure out.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2014, 3:06 am

North Korea has tourists?

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2014, 5:32 am

Jacoby wrote:
expect to see a lot more Americans being taken captive after that Taliban deal, everybody is going to want to deal

Thank you for the Fox News/RNC Talking Points memo of the week

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2014, 5:43 am

Sweetleaf wrote:

^ This.

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2014, 9:41 am

Sweetleaf wrote:

But Dennis Rodman made it sound so dreamy!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2014, 10:37 am

A random North Korean finds a Bible in a hotel room- and cracks it open- and then starts to read:

"...And Fred lived for 400 years after he begat Joe, and all of the days of Fred were 500 years. And then Joe lived for 169 years, and begat Sam. And then Joe lived for 400 years after he begat Sam. And all of the days of Joe were 569 years. And then Sam lived to be 146 years, and then he begat Zak, and ....".

And thats gonna cause the random North Korean to suddenly find God?

Both the regime, and the American tourist, are delusional for fearing/hoping that could happen.

A reader needs a guiding Sunday school teacher to interpret the Bible for it to mean anything.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2014, 11:05 am

Stargazer43 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

But Dennis Rodman made it sound so dreamy!

He won't find it dreamy when he finds out that he wasn't visiting Psy after all. Come to think of it, he wouldn't get special treatment either, if it wasn't for the fact that Kim Jong-Un thinks he's president Obama.

Last edited by Kurgan on 07 Jun 2014, 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2014, 11:05 am

He was a fool to bring a bible with him to North Korea, North Koreans do not like religion especially western religions they see it as propaganda in the west to encourage imperialism.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2014, 11:28 am

naturalplastic wrote:
A random North Korean finds a Bible in a hotel room- and cracks it open- and then starts to read:

I wonder if the bible was written in Korean? I doubt many North Koreans can read English.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2014, 11:38 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oULO3i5Xra0[/youtube]An hour long documentary of North Korea.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2014, 11:42 am

khaoz wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

even the President's own party is saying this, take the blinders off

TheGoggles
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2014, 12:01 pm

Jacoby wrote:
khaoz wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Take it in context. The Taliban is not considered a terrorist organization, and that's probably because we're planning on handing Afghanistan right back to them when we finally leave.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2014, 1:07 pm

TheGoggles wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
khaoz wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Take it in context. The Taliban is not considered a terrorist organization, and that's probably because we're planning on handing Afghanistan right back to them when we finally leave.

The whole Bergdahl thing has left me conflicted. On one hand I sympathize with him for his disillusionment with the war but his desertion and our efforts to find him led directly to the deaths of other soldiers. Should he be held responsible when the real crime is waging this brutal and pointless war spanning 2 two administrations in the first place? The suits in charge are never going to held responsible so I guess the question is why should he?

I can't imagine how demoralizing this has to be for our soldiers off in harm's way, how can you ask them to put their minds and bodies on the line for a mission so pointless? There are no Al-Qaedas in Afghanistan, there hasn't been for years but we've stayed even after Osama Bin Laden was killed(in Pakistan). You can't make a savage society civilized, Afghanistan has been called 'graveyard of empires' and we'll soon learn why just as the Soviets and British before us. Now al-Qaeda is our friend, we support them in Libya and Syria with money and arms and as you said; everyone expects the Taliban to return once the US finally ends its mission in Afghanistan.

One has to wonder the origins of these groups, they didn't come to be by being women hating goat herders. Al-Qaeda and the Taliban at one time served a strategic interest to the US, I think you can guess where I'm going with this. The US and it's "allies' in Pakistan and Saudi Arabia supported the Taliban in it's rise to power against the Najibullah government and rival Islamic factions such as the Northern Alliance(who were funded by Iran and the Russians) It all seems like a game, isn't realpolitik wonderful? What is realpolitik besides a rationalization for evil?

Now the dye has been set, we'll all have to live with the consequences but some more than others.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2014, 2:45 pm

Basically, I think the Americans should have left him. He walked into a situation entirely of his own making. Let his Deobandi savage friends look after him.