Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2014, 5:47 pm

American excess. Everything over the top. Excess and extremism in everything.

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2014, 6:52 pm

America is also responsible for MIT Harvard Yale Princeton Laura Nyro Joni Mitchell agent orange and Monsanto

My history on this forum preserves my old and unregenerate self. In the years since I posted here I have undergone many changes. I accept responsibility for my posts but I no longer stand behind them.
And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high Hebrews 1:3

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2014, 7:34 pm

Ah, all this America hating (under whatever cloak) just makes me all the more patriotic (i.e. nationalistic, jingoistic, etc....). :D

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2014, 7:59 pm

Bet you don't eat American cheese.

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2014, 8:07 pm

American cheese is choked on not eaten

My history on this forum preserves my old and unregenerate self. In the years since I posted here I have undergone many changes. I accept responsibility for my posts but I no longer stand behind them.
And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high Hebrews 1:3

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2014, 8:21 pm

/\ I don't like ANY cheese. It all tastes horrid and the texture (or total lack of it) is nightmarish. I'll eat pizza but it only needs to have enough cheese (f**k, i hate to even say it) on it to serve as a thin structural membrane to keep everything else from sliding off . More than that and it's gag-o-rama. :eew:

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2014, 8:28 pm

When I was a kid I hated cheese, but somehow as I got older I started liking it more and more. To this day, I still don't like cold, hard cheese, but if it's warm and it starts to go all melty, then it's good. In fact, many of my favorite foods somehow involve melted cheese, whether it's tex-mex, grilled cheese, pizza, or pasta.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2014, 1:57 am

ate it up until college. by its self, we would eat it as a snack.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2014, 2:54 pm

Some photos that are exceptional.Happy Fourth.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/07/0 ... ail=email#

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2014, 3:53 pm

Well, I like the expansion of transgender health coverage; that is one way I think we can use to be less exceptional.

Danimal
Toucan
Toucan

05 Jul 2014, 11:07 pm

Look, you can't make a proper grilled cheese sandwich without American cheese. My cheese potatoes would be terrible if it wasn't for Velveeta. You can't have a true cheeseburger without American cheese. Of course, bacon goes with everything.
I am not sure that any sober American would consider Americans to be "exceptional". I have done a bit of travelling in my life and have seen how other people live other than Americans. We have always been a consumer economy. Money is widely admired here in spite of denials to the contrary.
Overall, I am happy living in my little farmhouse in Indiana. I earn enough money to put my kids through college, have a decent health insurance policy, and pay into my retirement account. I strongly dislike the crass, hypocritical religionists that are inhabiting the Indiana state government, the Congress, and apparently the Supreme Court. I am appalled that equal rights for our LGBT citizens are being denied for nonsense reasons. I like living in America, but there is so much we could learn from other countries instead of always wanting to be Number 1.

NobodyKnows
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2014, 12:05 am

Misslizard wrote:
Some photos that are exceptional.Happy Fourth.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/07/0 ... ail=email#

Zion is one of my fravorite places in the whole world :)

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 Jul 2014, 4:12 pm

Raptor is against American cheese? Anti-patriot!

What next, will he come out against American drug laws, American murderers, or American trees?

Danimal
Toucan
Toucan

06 Jul 2014, 7:55 pm

To those of you who accuse us of excess consumption, you are absolutely correct. The nearest city to me, population 50,000 has one of the largest malls outside Indianapolis. This mall boasts five large jewelry stores, six large department stores, a large store stuffed with kitchen wares, two places that sell cinnamon buns, several restaurants, a Lens Crafters, and many smaller stores. This city also has three super Walmarts, a super Target store, three huge home stores, dozens of restaurants, several Starbucks, a large Best Buy store, and several stores devoted to home appliances. The shopping opportunities are endless.
I would like to say that I don't own lots of stuff, but I would be lying. I have five flatscreen TVs, four automobiles, central AC, a spinet piano, two fireplaces, a woodstove, frontloader washer and dryer, a very nice refrigerator/freezer, a chest freezer, and too much furniture. Let's not forget the Mac computer, two laptops, and a Wii.
I hate shopping. My wardrobe is small because I wear the same type of clothes every day. I avoid all stores during the Christmas season. Black Friday simply scares me. For you Europeans Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving, the biggest shopping extravaganza of the year. The crowds of shoppers is incredible. It's an Aspie nightmare.
It's stunning listening to our people b***h about the economy. To deny us any material good is unacceptable.
This attitude may be slowly changing. The younger people under 30 are moving into the cities, not the suburbs. The tiny house movement is becoming popular. Younger people are delaying car purchases, if they buy one at all. Consumerism is losing its allure.

NobodyKnows
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2014, 9:42 pm

The_Walrus wrote:

What next, will he come out against American drug laws, American murderers, or American trees?

...and NASCAR! What if he doesn't like NASCAR? 8O

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2014, 1:07 am

NobodyKnows wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:

...and NASCAR! What if he doesn't like NASCAR? 8O

He's traitorous allright,drives a rice burner.