Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2014, 3:28 pm

Give your arguments in favour of these governments. It should be interesting to hear since its so rare to hear

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2014, 4:15 pm

I see no reason to not support them, relatively speaking.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2014, 4:40 pm

Whether I support a government or not doesn't mean I wouldn't support some of the policies.

It is always good to have strong and healthy opposition. Coalition government have some issue with that, but also some pluses.

Just becuase I am not getting all that I want, doesn't mean I am entitled to it. I think there is sometime a confusion that people naively believe that could have a candidate that would give them everything they what.

If you ask me if there is a party that properly represents me I would say no, but that doesn't mean I'm ready to throw in the towel, or force my views on others, without convincing them.

I also think there is a general feeling of dissatisfaction, which isn't really about policy, but a disengagement with mainstream politics.

Part for this is to do with negative campaigning ad-hominem, I think this can a does get out of hand, and distracts from real policy debate. I think there shoudl be guidelines on this. I also think we should look at more transparency, especially funding and campaign money.

The other side is something I called called "Vague-ism". The dissatisfaction and disengagement, due to not really being to make heads or tail of the government, parliament, judiciary, and the political process. This is really down to failure in education. That education would also help figure out how to improve things.

I don't think Vague-ist moment really offer very much themselves, but are a symptom of the problem.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2014, 11:38 am

I support the U.S. and always have: It's called income tax.