Page 4 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2014, 5:13 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
People die in their own s**t now not because there are no services but because the system is so weighted down with and made cumbersome by typical government bureaucracy.

You're seriously trying to tell me people would be happier and would live longer without availability of medical treatment? Because government services is what gives that availability to people who otherwise couldn't afford it.

I can see that you didn't read what I actually wrote. That, or you elected to read into it what wasn't there.
Big surprise. :roll:

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2014, 5:15 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
But the right has always striven to be heartless and evil, so they're simply accomplishing what they had set out to do. :lol:

And the left as always striven to be simpleminded and childish.
Mission accomplished! :lol:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2014, 5:16 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
People die in their own s**t now not because there are no services but because the system is so weighted down with and made cumbersome by typical government bureaucracy.

You're seriously trying to tell me people would be happier and would live longer without availability of medical treatment? Because government services is what gives that availability to people who otherwise couldn't afford it.

I can see that you didn't read what I actually wrote. That, or you elected to read into it what wasn't there.

I admit I had forgotten to put the word bureaucracy in in connection to services. To expand on that, even with bullsh*t red tape, more people are going to survive with those services with all their bureaucracy than without.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2014, 5:19 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
But the right has always striven to be heartless and evil, so they're simply accomplishing what they had set out to do. :lol:

Seeing to it that people have civil rights protection, workers rights protection, a social safety net for those with disabilities, in poverty, or are unemployed, and all the other humane efforts that make life livable for most people, is simpleminded and childish?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2014, 5:24 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:

I admit I had forgotten to put the word bureaucracy in in connection to services. To expand on that, even with bullsh*t red tape, more people are going to survive with those services with all their bureaucracy than without.

It doesnt say much about social programs if they are so hamstrung that the services they do provide are nothing more than an incidental byproduct of all the layers of bureaucracy between the taxpayer's dollar and the intended recipients.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2014, 5:45 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:

It doesnt say much about social programs if they are so hamstrung that the services they do provide are nothing more than an incidental byproduct of all the layers of bureaucracy between the taxpayer's dollar and the intended recipients.

With the exception of the clusterf*ck going on with the VA, I really don't know of a single government agency not providing services to people in need because of excessive red tape.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2014, 6:52 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:

With the exception of the clusterf*ck going on with the VA, I really don't know of a single government agency not providing services to people in need because of excessive red tape.

Did I say they don't provide services? No, I clearly did not.
Read it again.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2014, 7:10 pm

Dantac wrote:
All I can say is ... /fail .

Arm the rebels in Syria.. who themselves are for all facts and purposes Al-Q and a bunch of warlord wannabe and sectarian militias that dream of becoming the next ISIS/L . This never works and hasn't worked. The weapons supplied don't magically vanish if group X defeats Y, it remains in the hands of very volatile and extremist population who only accept our help while it benefits them but after they're done needing us they'll go back to trying to kill us. Its absurd.

Bring arab nations into the alliance that is actively fighting ISIS? Never going to happen. The UAE and Saudis will not lift a finger unless ISIS comes after them directly.

You gotta better idea?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2014, 7:28 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Read it again.

What you said was bureaucracy was keeping those services from people. I'm saying that people are getting those services, despite it.
And a simple fact is, the right has always used this argument about red tape against the existence of any government services, ignoring what would become of the needy if those services ceased to be.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2014, 8:01 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Seeing to it that people have civil rights protection, workers rights protection, a social safety net for those with disabilities, in poverty, or are unemployed, and all the other humane efforts that make life livable for most people, is simpleminded and childish?

Any interest democrats have in "civil rights" and the "social safety net" (a.k.a hammock) is only to secure votes by keeping enough people on the teat. And before you go there, I've never claimed that the republicans are any better about doing anything other than appeasing their kind to secure votes. The difference with me is that I don't pretend that a pig's ass isn't pork.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2014, 8:06 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Read it again.

What you said was bureaucracy was keeping those services from people. I'm saying that people are getting those services, despite it.
And a simple fact is, the right has always used this argument about red tape against the existence of any government services, ignoring what would become of the needy if those services ceased to be.

Lord.... :roll:
Raptor FOR THE SECOND TIME wrote:
"It doesnt say much about social programs if they are so hamstrung that the services they DO provide are nothing more than an incidental byproduct of all the layers of bureaucracy between the taxpayer's dollar and the intended recipients".

:wall: :wall: :wall:

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

13 Sep 2014, 11:18 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Dantac wrote:
All I can say is ... /fail .

Arm the rebels in Syria.. who themselves are for all facts and purposes Al-Q and a bunch of warlord wannabe and sectarian militias that dream of becoming the next ISIS/L . This never works and hasn't worked. The weapons supplied don't magically vanish if group X defeats Y, it remains in the hands of very volatile and extremist population who only accept our help while it benefits them but after they're done needing us they'll go back to trying to kill us. Its absurd.

Bring arab nations into the alliance that is actively fighting ISIS? Never going to happen. The UAE and Saudis will not lift a finger unless ISIS comes after them directly.

You gotta better idea?

we should stay out of it

if that's such an impossibility then it it is better to reevaluate our relationship with Iran, Syria, and Russia instead of threatening to bomb them every month. Maybe we should work together against a common enemy? Madness I know. The Saudis and other Gulf countries are not our friends, they're the real threat to America.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2014, 11:37 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Any interest democrats have in "civil rights" and the "social safety net" (a.k.a hammock) is only to secure votes by keeping enough people on the teat. And before you go there, I've never claimed that the republicans are any better about doing anything other than appeasing their kind to secure votes. The difference with me is that I don't pretend that a pig's ass isn't pork.

A tad bit cynical, don't you think? Sure, there are politicians on both sides of the aisles who are calculating bastards who use people for personal gain. But to say that those leaders who had risked helping others to be treated like human beings, whether they were blacks, gays, workers, etc, at the possible ruination of their careers, had only done so for the sake of getting people to take the government teat insults the cause of civil rights which so many had fought and died for.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2014, 11:51 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

A tad bit cynical, don't you think? Sure, there are politicians on both sides of the aisles who are calculating bastards who use people for personal gain. But to say that those leaders who had risked helping others to be treated like human beings, whether they were blacks, gays, workers, etc, at the possible ruination of their careers, had only done so for the sake of getting people to take the government teat insults the cause of civil rights which so many had fought and died for.

1. I'm talking about NOW, not 50 or however many years ago
2. I like insults :twisted:
3. Stop pretending to be more affected by civil rights improvements than the people for which those civil rights improvements were intended
4. Don't bother lecturing me about #3, I'll just laugh.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2014, 12:06 am

Ughh, my hawkish gut wants to kill some people, but my wiser head knows it's a bad idea, which doesn't really help with the wanting part. Like I've said before, ISIS is the nation state equivalent of a troll trying to bait someone into doing something inadvisable, but unlike the internet variety that flings poo, it's much harder to ignore someone murdering your citizens on video.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2014, 12:15 am

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

1. I'm talking about NOW, not 50 or however many years ago
2. I like insults :twisted:
3. Stop pretending to be more affected by civil rights improvements than the people for which those civil rights improvements were intended
4. Don't bother lecturing me about #3, I'll just laugh.

1. Civil rights are still relevant today, especially in the face of voter suppression, and now for gay marriage.
2. Of course you do.
3. I don't pretend I'm more affected by civil rights improvements, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate and support those improvements. All Americans should feel that way.
4. And I can laugh right back.
And as I'm loathe to admit it, Dox is right 8O - this thread is supposed to be about ISIS, and it should return to that point.