Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2014, 12:10 am

Migration project details deaths of people who die trying to get to a better life. I just think most people do not know, or care about the level of suffering that exists in this world, and what people from impoverished and war torn areas of the world are willing to do just to live one more second.

While people in industrialized nations languish in their spoiled, complacent existences, hiding behind iPhones, video games, reality tv, exorbitant levels of gluttony on all scales, people are trying to exist on handfuls of grain that we would feed to farm animals that we eat. People are walking miles and hours in deserts in extreme temperatures to find water to carry back to families for drinking alone. We are just so blind to the levels of suffering in this world and we have a culture of talking heads who would rather blind us to the realities of the world and make us feel shameful for caring for anyone but ourselves and our own blood.

Please be aware of the world, and recognize that we are all in this together, no matter where we live, what we look like or what we believe

http://www.takepart.com/article/2014/10 ... pw-justice

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2014, 8:05 pm

It seems like the human social structure itself believes in creating its own hell wherever it's practiced. Kind of like how people like David De'Angelo talk about how in the wild a male bird flies in the paths of predators to prove its a genetically viable mate. We play the same games, we have a culture full of people who have far more than they could ever need but dare not be comfortable or happy with it lest the world could take everything back away from them, even if you don't care about social pecking order you're forced to realize that people who sign your paycheck quite often do, and the labyrinth of societal illness just spills ever wider from there .

It feels like the collective human psyche in a social sense is still a bit electrified, frozen on edge, and everyone's under enough of their own culture-induced stress that they barely feel like they're making it and limp in the door after work haggered enough that all they can think about is trying to rest up enough to do it all over again the next day. Corporate culture these days is also like musical chairs and - if you're laid off or fired - you may not know until lunch time and you'll be gone in half an hour. Economic security seems like it's all smoke and mirrors anymore.

The only good news - I think our generation on the whole might be *a little* smarter. My first time having bosses a few years younger than me and it's a night and day difference, ie. the basic arithmetic of 'if you train someone right and they succeed you make more money and have less stress' is something they understand that the baby-boomers seem to have no concept of (which seem to be all about litmus tests, no training, and firing anyone who doesn't instantly 'get it' out of thin air - anything else just makes too much sense or misses some sacred tautology of the past). I'm thinking that common sense might travel even farther into the areas of politics in another 30 or 40 years when Gen Y and beyond are in offices.

I'd also like to think that the arbitrary polarization along religious lines/lies (including statist and economic religions) in some of the third world will also tap down a bit as the critical-thinking meme escapes and proliferates by way of the internet. What's scary is watching this build up, almost too slowly, as we look at raising global temperature 4-6 C. Will we get it done? Will it be too little too late and we go extinct as a race or live like the Darrow underground? Only time will tell, I just hope the One Mind doesn't put us over a barrel too hard.

syzygyish
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2014, 7:06 am

I Salute these two mindfull and thoughtfull individuals!

Caring is such a weight on our shoulders

Carrying it into the future...