Page 4 of 7 [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2014, 1:54 am

They want a war with the rest of the world they got it! They were afraid of provoking the Kurds and now are paying the price the kurds are killing them off like cattle![youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcZ7a7frX-k[/youtube]ISIS your nobodies and will be eternal failures even Allah laughs at your failures and he doesnt exist hahahha!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2014, 2:02 am

The Kurds are now involved and pissed and from the way things look all of Iraq and possibly Syria will belong to the Kurds and NOT Isis! Isis is losing to the Kurds!Do I feel sympathy for ISIS? No I do not, I have none I laugh every time they die they are garbage and not human! They are failing at an alarming rate and nobody will listen to their failing demands, they decided to stick their pecker in the hornets nest by mistakingly kill one of the Kurds women and now retaliation tenfold will occur you go Kurds, you have USA and Israels support! [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZtyCXStrIg&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DBZtyCXStrIg&has_verified=1[/youtube]

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2014, 7:31 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
Kurds, you have USA and Israels support!

Erdogan won't touch them with a ten-foot pole, though.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

06 Oct 2014, 4:49 pm

The fact that there is still talk of arming "moderate rebels" in Syria goes to show you how clueless the intelligence community and this administration are, our government wants perpetual war. ISIS is all according to plan.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 Oct 2014, 5:18 pm

So, Jacoby, are there any actions you would be happy with Western governments taking in this conflict? Including inaction?

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2014, 6:04 pm

ISIS actually kind of scares me just because of the way they have managed to recruit people from countries like Canada, the US, and the UK. They are taking our own people, and turning them against us!

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2014, 6:37 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
you go Kurds, you have USA and Israels support!

What, you mean just like how ISIS had the USA's support when Assad was still considered an enemy?

My deviant art profile

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2014, 6:41 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
So, Jacoby, are there any actions you would be happy with Western governments taking in this conflict? Including inaction?

The west has proven it is completely ineffectual as acting as the middle east's policeman. All they succeed in doing is creating power vacuums enabling fresh extremists to take over and pave the way for even more radicalisation against western interests. Its obvious to anyone with a cerebrum we (by which i mean US/UK/NATO... ...delete as appropriate) aren't wanted there.

The best option for the west is to cut its losses and offer indirect support for secular muslim countries like Turkey and what is left of Assad's Syria that still have the will to oppose ISIS so that it doesn't give the impression of another christian crusade.

My deviant art profile

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2014, 6:46 pm

The_Walrus wrote:

Well without getting into the fact I think the US has taken an active role in creating this mess, we'd still be better off disengaging since we're falling right in the trap that created ISIS. Listen to the old tapes made by Osama Bin Laden, the point of the terrorist attacks wasn't just to kill it was to draw us into a never ending war that would bankrupt us. In 2001 there were how many terrorist operatives in al-Qaeda? A couple hundred maybe? What has our invasions and occupations of Afghanistan and Iraq accomplished? Now there is a group supposedly even more extreme than al-Qaeda controlling real territory with a real army with close to a 100,000 foot soldiers and a real economy, they're stronger now than ever before because it is our military and political actions in the middle east that have radicalized these people so more of the same is only going to result in it in getting exponentially worse. You have to understand that these extremists want war and welcome death, the suffering that these wars creates the environment where this extremism thrives and it damages us more than any single terrorist attack ever could.

At this point, the best course of action is to disengage and to reevaluate our who we consider who are our real allies in this region. You've heard a lot about becoming energy self-sufficient in this country but what is the real motivation for this? Saudi Arabia and these Arab Gulf states are not our friends, they're more of a threat to the US than Iran has ever been and our campaign against the Iranians and their ally Syria as well as secular nationalist dictators like Saddam and Gaddafi serves their interests not ours. This also includes Israel, we have to take a more fair approach to solving the Palestinian problem as our closeness is a huge source of tension. Civil strife is unavoidable from the power vacuums we've created, the conflict between Sunnis and Shia isn't anything we ever can realistically solve. Ronald Reagan realized this when he pulled our troops out of Lebanon when our marine barracks were bombed, he wrote in his memoir we did couldn't appreciate the complexities and irrationality of middle eastern politics. You can't fight a conventional war against someone who thinks that suicide bombing themselves will grant them instant entry into paradise. The brutal truth is, this shouldn't be our war and that our directly interfering will only prolong and intensify the suffering felt by these people who will turn against us in the long run.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2014, 6:49 pm

perhaps its time to face up to the enormous elephant in the room, America doesn't give a shiny turd about the Syrians, Iraqis or anyone that dies at the hands of ISIS, all they care about is the black gold and propping up whoever can best facilitate them getting their hands on it.

I don't get why people are so nauseatingly stupid and/or willfully ignorant they can't see this.

My deviant art profile

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2014, 6:57 pm

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
ISIS actually kind of scares me just because of the way they have managed to recruit people from countries like Canada, the US, and the UK. They are taking our own people, and turning them against us!

the best recruiters for ISIS in the UK and USA are the British and American governments. You can't have this kind of radicalisation without a climate of provocation.

My deviant art profile

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2014, 7:01 pm

Michael Scheuer who headed the 'Bin Laden Unit' at the CIA before 9/11 is someone that gets it

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIDCGy9V9mw[/youtube]

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2014, 3:47 am

ISIS isnt something the USA cant take out they wont be anything but dead when dealing with America! They have enough trouble with the Kurds as it is!

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

07 Oct 2014, 7:25 am

I definitely have sympathies with the "don't intervene" school of thought. I think ISIS et al. have us wrapped around their fingers, if we do nothing then the odds look good for turmoil from Nigeria to Pakistan, maybe as far north as Morocco. In other words, I think more will die, more will have reason to hate NATO, if we get out of there.

I don't know whether the Chinese or the Russians care too much, yeah it's in their back yard but they have pretty large buffer states. I don't know whether a war fought by Saudis, Indians and Kazahks is practical... but then I guess WWII worked.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2014, 11:40 am

The_Walrus wrote:
I definitely have sympathies with the "don't intervene" school of thought. I think ISIS et al. have us wrapped around their fingers, if we do nothing then the odds look good for turmoil from Nigeria to Pakistan, maybe as far north as Morocco. In other words, I think more will die, more will have reason to hate NATO, if we get out of there.

I don't know whether the Chinese or the Russians care too much, yeah it's in their back yard but they have pretty large buffer states. I don't know whether a war fought by Saudis, Indians and Kazahks is practical... but then I guess WWII worked.

The odds don't look anything like that, there are already Islamist insurgencies in Nigeria and Pakistan but ISIS isn't going to fly down any tanks for them. Intervening isn't going to help that's the point, you're just pouring gasoline on the fire. The US military couldn't quell the Iraqi insurgency, look at what has happened now. Before the invasion of Iraq this wasn't a problem in Iraq and now 11 years later it is center stage for a group deemed more extreme than al-Qaeda. It is truly insane to keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result, it often said that generals are too often too concerned about winning the last war and the reality is here that we cannot fight and win a war against these extremists like we could some other conventional enemy. We couldn't win a war against the Vietcong so this shouldn't be anything new to us, the US cannot and should not be in a state of perpetual war.