What if Hitler wasn't the original dictator?

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Do you believe time travelling to the past is possible in the future?
Yes 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
No 82%  82%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 11

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2015, 12:58 pm

Ever thought about this? What if Hitler was never the original dictator? What if someone named Billybob was the original dictator during World War 2? And lets just say that someone went back in time, and killed Billybob when he was a baby, and Hitler took his place. We would never know because only the person who changed time would be aware of time being changed.

Another thought is that if time travel is ever possible in the future, then time has already been altered in some form. And someone with time travel has powers similar to a God. Someone could make sure his enemies never even existed and they would be powerless to stop the time traveler. We haven't found any evidence of time travel because we are never aware of time being altered.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2015, 1:16 pm

And dont forget: if you had a time machine you yourself could go back in time, seek out your grandparents, pull out a pistol and plug all four them -preventing your parents from being born-which would prevent you from being born- which would prevent you from making the trip back in time- to grease your grandparents- which would save your grandparents-which would cause the premature deaths of your grandparents-which would save your grandparents-which would...

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

10 Feb 2015, 3:18 pm

Time travel is pretty weird when you think about it, it doesn't seem possible to change to past to change your present. You'd just split that timeline into a completely different alternate dimension or something because obviously you couldn't change the past in such a way that stops you in the future from traveling back in time, the whole grandfather paradox as already mentioned, and any tiny seemingly insignificant change could butterfly in such way that the entire course of history could change. If time travel was possible then time travel has already happened, perhaps that's what aliens and god and all that actually are...

*takes bong hit*

lol

Pizzagal3000
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Feb 2015, 3:33 pm

Yes, time travelling is very real. The ancients were even aware that people in their time could rebirth into people of the present:

Egyptian Bust in the Field Museum is Look-a-like of Singer Michael Jackson More Information: http://artdaily.com/news/32525/Egyptian ... NpqMfnF9pA Copyright © artdaily.org[/url]

Barak OBAMA - REINCARNATION OF PHARAOH, KING OF EGYPT

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2015, 5:44 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
And dont forget: if you had a time machine you yourself could go back in time, seek out your grandparents, pull out a pistol and plug all four them -preventing your parents from being born-which would prevent you from being born- which would prevent you from making the trip back in time- to grease your grandparents- which would save your grandparents-which would cause the premature deaths of your grandparents-which would save your grandparents-which would...

or just create an alternate time line that acts independent of the orignal time line. you would travel back to the orignal future and find nothing has changed or maybe go to the new timeline future. unknown.

though one guy theorized that you could only go back to as far as the time machine existed, so to the future and back to when it was built.

ApertaVerbum
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Feb 2015, 5:53 pm

I've considered the prospect that blackholes can tunnel back through time and if that is possible could act like rain backwards spawning universes like ripples when they reach a point where no other matter exists and they start a big bang under their own gravity.

From what i understand they do warp space as well so its not that inconceivable

Aperta Verbum
http://apertaverbum.weebly.com/

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2015, 9:16 pm

What is time anyway?

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 3:02 am

darkphantomx1 wrote:
Ever thought about this? What if Hitler was never the original dictator? What if someone named Billybob was the original dictator during World War 2? And lets just say that someone went back in time, and killed Billybob when he was a baby, and Hitler took his place. We would never know because only the person who changed time would be aware of time being changed.

Another thought is that if time travel is ever possible in the future, then time has already been altered in some form. And someone with time travel has powers similar to a God. Someone could make sure his enemies never even existed and they would be powerless to stop the time traveler. We haven't found any evidence of time travel because we are never aware of time being altered.

I think you would enjoy reading Making History by Stephen Fry.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 2:00 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Time travel is pretty weird when you think about it, it doesn't seem possible to change to past to change your present. You'd just split that timeline into a completely different alternate dimension or something because obviously you couldn't change the past in such a way that stops you in the future from traveling back in time, the whole grandfather paradox as already mentioned, and any tiny seemingly insignificant change could butterfly in such way that the entire course of history could change. If time travel was possible then time travel has already happened, perhaps that's what aliens and god and all that actually are...

*takes bong hit*

lol

I think this is pretty much how it has to be... Either you cannot change history or if you can, it has to be in an alternative timeline.

On a sidenote, I usually hate time travel stories, but Flashpoint Paradox is pretty good if you like time travel and comics. I think they are adapting this story right now on The Flash Tv series. Poor Barry.

Pizzagal3000
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Feb 2015, 3:43 pm

Humanaut wrote:
What is time anyway?

You got a point there. Quantam physics says that time is only for relativity and is an illusion.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 4:02 pm

GoonSquad wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

*takes bong hit*

lol

I think this is pretty much how it has to be... Either you cannot change history or if you can, it has to be in an alternative timeline.

It's a paradox lost!

And it shows you would need a steering wheel, as well as forward and reverse, on your time machine because you might skid sideways into parallel universes of contemporary time. Might try to go home to 2015, and end up an alternative 2015, and you would need to make right turn to go through an infinite number of 2015's to get to the right one!

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2015, 11:41 am

^^^

Going backward, I think you would have to go to a parallel universe, but going forward (as we are always doing) wouldn't be such a problem.

I think you'd just kinda be stuck in that new/different timeline. I really don't think you could pick your universe.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

15 Feb 2015, 6:30 pm

Pizzagal3000 wrote:
Humanaut wrote:
What is time anyway?

You got a point there. Quantam physics says that time is only for relativity and is an illusion.

Quantum physics says nothing of the sort. General Relativity says that time is relative, but not that it is an illusion.