Page 103 of 105 [ 1680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105  Next

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2015, 10:05 am

There can't possibly be an omniscious mind that controls everything.

sophisticated
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Apr 2015, 10:14 am

DailyPoutine1 wrote:

Is your belief based on knowledge ? No it is not.

It is based on your own whims and desires.

Last edited by sophisticated on 26 Apr 2015, 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2015, 10:19 am

sophisticated wrote:
DailyPoutine1 wrote:

Is your belief based on knowledge ? It is based on your own whims and desires.

Yes and your belief is blindly based on a hopeless need of authority that you can't interpret but want to believe in so deeply you traumatize others to make them believe the same.

sophisticated
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Apr 2015, 10:26 am

DailyPoutine1 wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
DailyPoutine1 wrote:

Is your belief based on knowledge ? It is based on your own whims and desires.

Yes and your belief is blindly based on a hopeless need of authority that you can't interpret but want to believe in so deeply you traumatize others to make them believe the same.

I don't have any blind beliefs. As someone who was born with asperger syndrome, I have spent my entire life questioning anything and everything. I have never and will never be interested in unsubstantiated information.

So, if you have evidence that there is no omniscient mind that controls everything, then present it here.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

26 Apr 2015, 10:54 am

sophisticated wrote:
I have never and will never be interested in unsubstantiated information.

So, if you have evidence that there is no omniscient mind that controls everything, then present it here.

You are the one making the extraordinary claim, so the burden of proof is on you. You are yet to present any good evidence for the existence of God, as defined by the OP or by yourself.

sophisticated
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Apr 2015, 11:02 am

The_Walrus wrote:
sophisticated wrote:

You are the one making the extraordinary claim, so the burden of proof is on you. You are yet to present any good evidence for the existence of God, as defined by the OP or by yourself.

The joke is on you. The whole world (cept the deluded minority) knows that God exists.

I could spend my valuable time trying to explain to you how and why God exists, but I think I'd be wasting my time because people like you tend to say no anything that conflicts with their whims desires.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2015, 11:04 am

sophisticated wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
sophisticated wrote:

The joke is on you. The whole world (cept the deluded minority) knows that God exists.

The real "joke" here is how christians fool themselves and obsess over things that don't exist.

sophisticated
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Apr 2015, 11:08 am

DailyPoutine1 wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
sophisticated wrote:

The real "joke" here is how christians fool themselves and obsess over things that don't exist.

Christians are wrong about many things, but they are not wrong about God.

God is a world wide phenomena.

Is the whole world fooling themselves ? That can't be right. Humans are not stupid you know.Till this day we are unable to shake off this belief in a higher power.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2015, 11:12 am

Quote:
The whole world fooling themselves ?
You're talking as if christians represented 100% of the earth's population. Less than 2 billion people on earth are christians. Thats less than 30%

sophisticated
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Apr 2015, 11:17 am

DailyPoutine1 wrote:
Quote:
The whole world fooling themselves ?
You're talking as if christians represented 100% of the earth's population. Less than 2 billion people on earth are christians. Thats less than 30%

Christians are the same as everyone else in the sense that they believe in a higher power.

The vast majority in the world believe in a higher power. This is evidence that supports the assertion that God exists.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2015, 11:20 am

If there was really a "god" it wouldn't let its followers die and kill their race.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

26 Apr 2015, 11:21 am

sophisticated wrote:

I could spend my valuable time trying to explain to you how and why God exists, but I think I'd be wasting my time because people like you tend to say no anything that conflicts with their whims desires.

Firstly, that is an appeal to popularity, a logical fallacy. Most people also think that homosexuality is immoral, but they're wrong. Ergo, majority belief in something is not evidence.

I would also add that most people would disagree with your definition of God (an atemporal, non-intervening entity), so you're not really in a position to appeal to the majority.

Finally, personal attacks are against the rules of WrongPlanet; if they continue in this thread then it will be locked.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2015, 11:24 am

The belief in the existence (and the nonexistence) of a Supreme Being is based on Faith alone, IMHO.

If somebody says they "saw" God, I accept what they say--but it will not affect my disbelief one iota. I'm not gonig to argue about it--unless one says, for example, that God says all Jews should be dead.

I'd have to "see" God myself in order to believe in God. I'd have to "see" the Devil myself in order to believe in the Devil. Plus: I'd have to have an overiding belief that I saw either.

I will not blindly worship something when I don't know what I'm worshipping. It's ridiculous to go through rituals blindly--when you don't know WHY you are performing the rituals.

sophisticated
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Apr 2015, 11:31 am

DailyPoutine1 wrote:
If there was really a "god" it wouldn't let its followers die and kill their race.

This is not a reason to rule out the existence of God.

God can do whatever He wants. If He wanted he'd place your eyes under your feet. If He wanted he'd give you just one leg to stand on.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2015, 11:34 am

sophisticated wrote:
DailyPoutine1 wrote:

This is not a reason to rule out the existence of God.

God can do whatever He wants. If He wanted he'd place your eyes under your feet. If He wanted he'd give you just one leg to stand on.

Why would it do that? For nothing? By the way, why do you call it an "he"? I despite you christians for your sexist, homophobic and racist attitude.

sophisticated
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Apr 2015, 11:38 am

The_Walrus wrote:
sophisticated wrote:

Firstly, that is an appeal to popularity, a logical fallacy. Most people also think that homosexuality is immoral, but they're wrong. Ergo, majority belief in something is not evidence.

I would also add that most people would disagree with your definition of God (an atemporal, non-intervening entity), so you're not really in a position to appeal to the majority.

Finally, personal attacks are against the rules of WrongPlanet; if they continue in this thread then it will be locked.

Appeal to popularity is not evidence. But consensus reality is.

And this is why the question "does God exist?" should not be entertained. It's like asking "does air exist ?" or "does light exist?"