Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Booyakasha
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: 6 Oct 2009
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,707

25 Feb 2015, 2:42 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
Magneto wrote:
I *know* what gender dysphoria is like. What I'm wondering is:
Quote:
What would gender dysphoria even mean, for someone raised only among one gender with no knowledge of the other?

If I'd never come into contact with other girls, I would never be able to hold the concept of [being a girl despite male body] in my mind, because I would not hold the concept [girl] in my mind. But the dysphoria would, probably, still exist; I would just lack the ability to describe it. Hence, it would be vague, as all things are before they are defined.

See: newspeak.


I'm really not in the mood to explain this, nor am I able. I'd like to be able to post without being asked these types of questions. I come here to get away from the questions that people throw at me in the real world. I'm tired of having to explain myself to people. I can't elaborate for the life of me, and I feel like I'm being judged.


On behalf of Mick, it would be very appreciated if Mick wouldn't be asked such questions any more.


I'm sick with flu, hope i sound coherent enough


_________________
nec te quaesiveris extra


Booyakasha
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: 6 Oct 2009
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,707

25 Feb 2015, 2:48 am

need a break, excuse me people


_________________
nec te quaesiveris extra


AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2012
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,212
Location: San Jose

25 Feb 2015, 3:16 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
Imagine a society where both genders are completely separated relationships are illegal and if caught both are sentenced to life in prison? All reproduction is made by artificial means for both parties and at birth are assigned to their society.

Hey that sounds a little like my story about the war between men and women. Are you being a copy cat?
Hasnt crossed my mind until recently with the similarties of the thread you made not too long ago and it does seem pretty identicle only mine is kinda darker but they both do involve total segregation of both genders. The whole idea of totally segregated society is hell for both humanity and nature regardless of the idealism of um certain movements beginning with the F in them and those with the M which will lead to insta lock due to repetition and frequency. To solve the issue between both genders total totalitarism is not the key but makes things worse and tears humanity apart sure theres equality but not in a good way both women and men are subjugated, enslaved, oppressed and forced to follow a fascist police state run by not only a tyrannical male but a tyrannical female imposing thoughts that we are both useless not to fall in love for love is forbidden yet breeding and only reason to live is to work and die.


_________________
Your Aspie score is 193 of 200
Your neurotypical score is 40 of 200
You are very likely an aspie
No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList


drh1138
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Dec 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 522

25 Feb 2015, 9:53 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
Imagine a society where both genders are completely separated relationships are illegal and if caught both are sentenced to life in prison? All reproduction is made by artificial means for both parties and at birth are assigned to their society.

Hey that sounds a little like my story about the war between men and women. Are you being a copy cat?
Hasnt crossed my mind until recently with the similarties of the thread you made not too long ago and it does seem pretty identicle only mine is kinda darker but they both do involve total segregation of both genders. The whole idea of totally segregated society is hell for both humanity and nature regardless of the idealism of um certain movements beginning with the F in them and those with the M which will lead to insta lock due to repetition and frequency. To solve the issue between both genders total totalitarism is not the key but makes things worse and tears humanity apart sure theres equality but not in a good way both women and men are subjugated, enslaved, oppressed and forced to follow a fascist police state run by not only a tyrannical male but a tyrannical female imposing thoughts that we are both useless not to fall in love for love is forbidden yet breeding and only reason to live is to work and die.


Punctuation. And I thought you were told to stop with the feminazi stuff.



ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 18 Jun 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,399

25 Feb 2015, 12:35 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
Imagine a society where both genders are completely separated relationships are illegal and if caught both are sentenced to life in prison? All reproduction is made by artificial means for both parties and at birth are assigned to their society.

Hey that sounds a little like my story about the war between men and women. Are you being a copy cat?
Hasnt crossed my mind until recently with the similarties of the thread you made not too long ago and it does seem pretty identicle only mine is kinda darker but they both do involve total segregation of both genders. The whole idea of totally segregated society is hell for both humanity and nature regardless of the idealism of um certain movements beginning with the F in them and those with the M which will lead to insta lock due to repetition and frequency. To solve the issue between both genders total totalitarism is not the key but makes things worse and tears humanity apart sure theres equality but not in a good way both women and men are subjugated, enslaved, oppressed and forced to follow a fascist police state run by not only a tyrannical male but a tyrannical female imposing thoughts that we are both useless not to fall in love for love is forbidden yet breeding and only reason to live is to work and die.

The novel deserves to be written!



aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 59
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,409

25 Feb 2015, 2:25 pm

Magneto wrote:
It's a major issue for me, as well...

Anyway, I'll voice my question again, in case anyone wants to try and throw in some suggestions - what would it mean to be gender dysphoric, if you only knew of one gender (the one you're assigned to at birth)?


Gender is both environmental and innate.

Just a 'shot' of testosterone or estrogen can make a person feel more or less like the other innate gendered propensity.

So regardless of whether or not there are other girls around.. a boy born like a girl.. for whatever innate reason per androgen or estrogen or other hormone and or morphological innately driven imbalance COULD feel out of place..... OR NOT COMFORTABLE in their own skin....

IT CANNOT be cured by thought alone... and CAN BE a serious problem and a biological one too.... as are all issues of humans who are never born in cookie cutter molds alone....


_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 59
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,409

25 Feb 2015, 2:30 pm

drh1138 wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
Imagine a society where both genders are completely separated relationships are illegal and if caught both are sentenced to life in prison? All reproduction is made by artificial means for both parties and at birth are assigned to their society.

Hey that sounds a little like my story about the war between men and women. Are you being a copy cat?
Hasnt crossed my mind until recently with the similarties of the thread you made not too long ago and it does seem pretty identicle only mine is kinda darker but they both do involve total segregation of both genders. The whole idea of totally segregated society is hell for both humanity and nature regardless of the idealism of um certain movements beginning with the F in them and those with the M which will lead to insta lock due to repetition and frequency. To solve the issue between both genders total totalitarism is not the key but makes things worse and tears humanity apart sure theres equality but not in a good way both women and men are subjugated, enslaved, oppressed and forced to follow a fascist police state run by not only a tyrannical male but a tyrannical female imposing thoughts that we are both useless not to fall in love for love is forbidden yet breeding and only reason to live is to work and die.


Punctuation. And I thought you were told to stop with the feminazi stuff.


Honestly we ain't needin' no grammar police.. in a place where reciprocal social communication disorders are the norm.. and not the exception..here.. it's the reason many people are terrified to post here.. 'cause of intellectual bullies and spelling 'NAZI'S' WHO 'ATTEPT' to rule this little online world.....

I can talk and write the Queen's English with perfect words and paragraph flow.

But I would rather go free verse to MAKE WAY AND allow those less fortunate in the schools of life.. to gain the freedom to communicate here in whatever reciprocal or non-reciprocal social communication way they CAN.

And that my friend is called cognitive empathy, something that the less so-called literate among folks here DO EXCEL IN WHILE the 'left-brained' folks continue to dot their eyes and cross their teaS.....

FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION IS A PRECIOUS THING.. to censor it just SUX IN MY OPINION.. IN ANY WAY....


_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


mpe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 26 Oct 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 379
Location: Exeter

25 Feb 2015, 2:36 pm

sly279 wrote:
vandread is about something like this. two future colonies, one all men, the other all women. who are at war with each other. hundreds of years of propaganda has lead to both sides to think the others as monsters that they can't touch without possible death.

The idea crops of not infrequently in sci-fi. Typically the result is highly dystopian. I'd suspect that the "can't touch" rule has an exception equating to POWs being raped though.



AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2012
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,212
Location: San Jose

25 Feb 2015, 3:30 pm


_________________
Your Aspie score is 193 of 200
Your neurotypical score is 40 of 200
You are very likely an aspie
No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList


CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 103,274
Location: Hanging out with my fellow Sweet Peas at Stalag 13

25 Feb 2015, 8:16 pm

aghogday wrote:
drh1138 wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
Imagine a society where both genders are completely separated relationships are illegal and if caught both are sentenced to life in prison? All reproduction is made by artificial means for both parties and at birth are assigned to their society.

Hey that sounds a little like my story about the war between men and women. Are you being a copy cat?
Hasnt crossed my mind until recently with the similarties of the thread you made not too long ago and it does seem pretty identicle only mine is kinda darker but they both do involve total segregation of both genders. The whole idea of totally segregated society is hell for both humanity and nature regardless of the idealism of um certain movements beginning with the F in them and those with the M which will lead to insta lock due to repetition and frequency. To solve the issue between both genders total totalitarism is not the key but makes things worse and tears humanity apart sure theres equality but not in a good way both women and men are subjugated, enslaved, oppressed and forced to follow a fascist police state run by not only a tyrannical male but a tyrannical female imposing thoughts that we are both useless not to fall in love for love is forbidden yet breeding and only reason to live is to work and die.


Punctuation. And I thought you were told to stop with the feminazi stuff.


Honestly we ain't needin' no grammar police.. in a place where reciprocal social communication disorders are the norm.. and not the exception..here.. it's the reason many people are terrified to post here.. 'cause of intellectual bullies and spelling 'NAZI'S' WHO 'ATTEPT' to rule this little online world.....

I can talk and write the Queen's English with perfect words and paragraph flow.

But I would rather go free verse to MAKE WAY AND allow those less fortunate in the schools of life.. to gain the freedom to communicate here in whatever reciprocal or non-reciprocal social communication way they CAN.

And that my friend is called cognitive empathy, something that the less so-called literate among folks here DO EXCEL IN WHILE the 'left-brained' folks continue to dot their eyes and cross their teaS.....

FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION IS A PRECIOUS THING.. to censor it just SUX IN MY OPINION.. IN ANY WAY....


I agree. I feel that everybody should be able to post, no matter what their grammar is like. I remember my first 4 years on WP and how I always typed me, instead of I. I appreciate the fact that nobody gave me a hard time about it. My grammar also improved with a lot of effort. Bad grammar doesn't bother me, because I know what it's like to have that issue. This isn't an attack on anyone. I'm just sharing my experience.


_________________
Schultz

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645


aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 59
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,409

25 Feb 2015, 8:46 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
aghogday wrote:
drh1138 wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
Imagine a society where both genders are completely separated relationships are illegal and if caught both are sentenced to life in prison? All reproduction is made by artificial means for both parties and at birth are assigned to their society.

Hey that sounds a little like my story about the war between men and women. Are you being a copy cat?
Hasnt crossed my mind until recently with the similarties of the thread you made not too long ago and it does seem pretty identicle only mine is kinda darker but they both do involve total segregation of both genders. The whole idea of totally segregated society is hell for both humanity and nature regardless of the idealism of um certain movements beginning with the F in them and those with the M which will lead to insta lock due to repetition and frequency. To solve the issue between both genders total totalitarism is not the key but makes things worse and tears humanity apart sure theres equality but not in a good way both women and men are subjugated, enslaved, oppressed and forced to follow a fascist police state run by not only a tyrannical male but a tyrannical female imposing thoughts that we are both useless not to fall in love for love is forbidden yet breeding and only reason to live is to work and die.


Punctuation. And I thought you were told to stop with the feminazi stuff.


Honestly we ain't needin' no grammar police.. in a place where reciprocal social communication disorders are the norm.. and not the exception..here.. it's the reason many people are terrified to post here.. 'cause of intellectual bullies and spelling 'NAZI'S' WHO 'ATTEPT' to rule this little online world.....

I can talk and write the Queen's English with perfect words and paragraph flow.

But I would rather go free verse to MAKE WAY AND allow those less fortunate in the schools of life.. to gain the freedom to communicate here in whatever reciprocal or non-reciprocal social communication way they CAN.

And that my friend is called cognitive empathy, something that the less so-called literate among folks here DO EXCEL IN WHILE the 'left-brained' folks continue to dot their eyes and cross their teaS.....

FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION IS A PRECIOUS THING.. to censor it just SUX IN MY OPINION.. IN ANY WAY....


I agree. I feel that everybody should be able to post, no matter what their grammar is like. I remember my first 4 years on WP and how I always typed me, instead of I. I appreciate the fact that nobody gave me a hard time about it. My grammar also improved with a lot of effort. Bad grammar doesn't bother me, because I know what it's like to have that issue. This isn't an attack on anyone. I'm just sharing my experience.


You are always a kind, considerate, and thoughtful person; thanks.

And all the schooling in the world can't buy that..

Amen.


_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,517
Location: US

26 Feb 2015, 1:02 am

mpe wrote:
sly279 wrote:
vandread is about something like this. two future colonies, one all men, the other all women. who are at war with each other. hundreds of years of propaganda has lead to both sides to think the others as monsters that they can't touch without possible death.

The idea crops of not infrequently in sci-fi. Typically the result is highly dystopian. I'd suspect that the "can't touch" rule has an exception equating to POWs being raped though.


no its more they think touching each other would give them the plaque and they would die. the two sides are actually in a stalemate and its mostly a group of female pirates who attack the men and they don't take pows, they release them to steal the ship. both the pirates and 3 men end up stuck on the combined pirateship and men ship. then end up far from home and have to work together to get back. i like the show cause its funny and cause neither of them know about sex. the main character is followed around by a woman who calls him mr. alien. cause well they don't consider the men to be human but another speices all together.

women reproduce by taking dna from one woman and inserting into the egg of another. men use cloning tech where they take dna and combine it randomly to form new babies in tubes, they eat pills as food. while women eat food they cook. the male planet is all industrialized while the women's is more european except the class system exist on both planets and the women are suffering power outages and rounding up population to reduce space.

I don't want to say more in case anyone chooses to watch it , its a great show. if not too short for my tastes. only 2 seasons. 30 min long episodes, features love, comedy, space fights, robotic suits and space ships.

there's no actual sex or much nudity in the show either. as they don't even know what it is or that it's possible.

imagine being raised and your parents were raised and their parents and theirs etc, that your species is all women. you wouldn't know how to do sex . or all men etc. well not true I guess, at least on the women's side they have couples and i presume lesbian sex. they get married and such. the crew is like 90% women. they don't really touch much on how men's society handles relationships. children, they touch on raising them a little, but not as much as the woman's society. I think it'd be interested to extended the show and dig into more of that.

i don't think anything like that will happen, at least not in our lifetimes. but who knows maybe like in the show 1000s of years from now it might. I mean star trek covered this. I could maybe see a colony founded by feminist extremist who want a society of just women. and probably colony of amish.
imagine that a colony for every group lol. though might be bad as could turn into the helghast from killzone.



AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2012
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,212
Location: San Jose

26 Feb 2015, 1:29 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
Imagine a society where both genders are completely separated relationships are illegal and if caught both are sentenced to life in prison? All reproduction is made by artificial means for both parties and at birth are assigned to their society.

Hey that sounds a little like my story about the war between men and women. Are you being a copy cat?
Hasnt crossed my mind until recently with the similarties of the thread you made not too long ago and it does seem pretty identicle only mine is kinda darker but they both do involve total segregation of both genders. The whole idea of totally segregated society is hell for both humanity and nature regardless of the idealism of um certain movements beginning with the F in them and those with the M which will lead to insta lock due to repetition and frequency. To solve the issue between both genders total totalitarism is not the key but makes things worse and tears humanity apart sure theres equality but not in a good way both women and men are subjugated, enslaved, oppressed and forced to follow a fascist police state run by not only a tyrannical male but a tyrannical female imposing thoughts that we are both useless not to fall in love for love is forbidden yet breeding and only reason to live is to work and die.

The novel deserves to be written!
In that case there has to be a hero who is immune to the mind reading technology and hacks the system and liberates everyone from the system and a huge rebellion so big the law of the radiacal matriarchy and patriarchy cannot control the people anymore.


_________________
Your Aspie score is 193 of 200
Your neurotypical score is 40 of 200
You are very likely an aspie
No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList


Kiprobalhato
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: 25 Mar 2014
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Posts: 27,668
Location: vwohie harzaie

26 Feb 2015, 1:37 am

And that hero is me, right?


_________________
❄join my discord pls❄

JE SUIS UN HOMME

not currently a moderator.


AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2012
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,212
Location: San Jose

26 Feb 2015, 3:41 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
And that hero is me, right?
....Maybe it hasnt crossed my mind though but such a system needs to be taken down! I am not gonna mention the F word that is a gender equality movement due to repetitiveness or MRA but something that both groups may oppose against such a tyranical system that enslaves separates and destroys humankind! When such Tyranical fascist ideologies come to play I feel tempted to play this vid.


_________________
Your Aspie score is 193 of 200
Your neurotypical score is 40 of 200
You are very likely an aspie
No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList