Page 3 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

sunnycat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2007, 8:40 am

Dear Deus_ex_machina,

This is completely off topic...I think you could inspire some great captions at the 'make a caption for the above avatar' thread in the roleplay/game/etc forum! :D

Aspie_for_the_Lord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2007, 3:07 pm

Deus_ex_machina wrote:
Aspie_for_the_Lord wrote:
Most of what is considered love is lust mostly..... love never fades, only lust does.

if she ACTUALLY loves me and i ACTUALLY loved her then it would be from god... for god IS love, but to truly love you need gods love in you.... we dont have it otherwise

If only Christians feel love then what do you call the thing that non Christians feel that is normaly known as love?

I mean really what is the thing that non Christians feel that is not lust? There has to be a word for it because it exists, and since it's not all that different from what Christians feel why call it by a different name?

I would like this question to be treated seriously.

ok....whether a person believes in god or not (this isnt the argument) he still is a part of them... that part of you known as the spirit is in connection with god all the time, its just in most its pushed around by our bodily urges and our souls ego's... C.S Lewis put it better in his book 'The Four Loves'... google it :D , he describes three things we assume and think of as love, and what pure love is

janicka
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2007, 3:56 pm

I like C.S. Lewis. I'll have to add that book to my reading list.

Aspie_for_the_Lord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2007, 5:00 pm

janicka wrote:

its one of his philosophical/theological series of books, but all his stuff is good :D ...

anyone who was good friends with JRR Tolkein cant be all that bad :P :lol:

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2007, 7:35 pm

There is no all-consuming definition of love.

It's different everyone.

AlexandertheSolitary
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2007, 12:14 am

sunnycat wrote:
Dear Deus_ex_machina,

This is completely off topic...I think you could inspire some great captions at the 'make a caption for the above avatar' thread in the roleplay/game/etc forum! :D

No, Deus_Ex_Machina has a fair point. Some of Aspie_for_the_Lord's comments could be read as dismissing as lust any "romantic" interest on the part of non-Christians. He (AspiefortheLord) had a fair point about love and lust sometimes being used interchangeably, but I think Deus_ex_Machina's questions should be taken seriously, Christian though I may be myself.

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2007, 12:40 am

AlexandertheSolitary wrote:
sunnycat wrote:
Dear Deus_ex_machina,

No, Deus_Ex_Machina has a fair point. Some of Aspie_for_the_Lord's comments could be read as dismissing as lust any "romantic" interest on the part of non-Christians. He (AspiefortheLord) had a fair point about love and lust sometimes being used interchangeably, but I think Deus_ex_Machina's questions should be taken seriously, Christian though I may be myself.

Yeah that quote is kind of degrading to 2/3's of the world's population.

If he goes Theocentrist I'll get angry.

And you wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Last edited by Flagg on 24 Mar 2007, 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

sunnycat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2007, 12:42 am

sunnycat wrote:
Dear Deus_ex_machina,

Oh, I wasn't taking Deus_ex_Machina's comments lightly....I was just marvelling at the awesome avatar...When I said 'completely off topic' I was indicating what I was about to say...

As for feeling love, I think you can feel it or not feel it whether you are a Christian or not. It doesn't have to do with your religion. I think God loves you nevertheless whether you are a Christian or not. I don't think there's anything essentially special or superior about being Christian because if you're a Christian you're Christian purely by God's grace. I think God blesses and loves everybody...and life is difficult whether you're a Christian or not, the only thing about being Christian is that you can have the assurance that God is with you through all the hardships in life. That's what I found out so far...

AlexandertheSolitary
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2007, 1:22 am

sunnycat wrote:
sunnycat wrote:
Dear Deus_ex_machina,

Oh, I wasn't taking Deus_ex_Machina's comments lightly....I was just marvelling at the awesome avatar...When I said 'completely off topic' I was indicating what I was about to say...

As for feeling love, I think you can feel it or not feel it whether you are a Christian or not. It doesn't have to do with your religion. I think God loves you nevertheless whether you are a Christian or not. I don't think there's anything essentially special or superior about being Christian because if you're a Christian you're Christian purely by God's grace. I think God blesses and loves everybody...and life is difficult whether you're a Christian or not, the only thing about being Christian is that you can have the assurance that God is with you through all the hardships in life. That's what I found out so far...

Sorry about the confusion earlier. I agree with most of what you have just said - several very good points. Certainly as Christians are so by grace there is no cause for regarding oneself as intrinsically superior. And love is certainly difficult regardless of one's faith (hence AspiefortheLord initiating this thread) though the awareness of being loved (note I said the awareness, not the fact - I was not disputing sunnycat's statement about God's love, nor for that matter claiming that even the awareness is exclusive to Christians) can help.

Aspie_for_the_Lord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2007, 4:37 am

ok, to clarify, before people start getting the stake ready :P

i dont mean that non-christians cannot love, i merely state that what most people consider love is in fact lust... not peoples fault, but i blame the Media and society today...

...personally some of the most loving people i have known have been non-christians, it is my experience that alot christians are very self-rightious and dont get the point.

i apologise if my comments were misunderstood... i dont see myself as superior to anyone, quite the opposite, if you care to look over my previous posts i never said that non christians cannot love (quite the contary).

the Bible does give us a definition of pure love... ill put it up when i get back, unless a kindly person is willing to do so in my absence :)

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2007, 11:00 am

Well ive decided to trust in the Lord....

I am far too democratic (with a small d) to go for a hierarchical religion that has lords. they don't even have ladies, just lords.

Merle

Well, they have ladies, but not equal to the lords.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2007, 11:07 am

Space wrote:
jolly_magpie wrote:
I disagree. Lust never fades.

so u find old wrinkly people with shriveled genitals attractive?

you miss the point, old wrinkly people with shriveled genitals find another old wrinkly person with shriveled genitals attractive and that is all that we need. we don't need some whippersnapper caring if we are attractive to them or not.

Merle

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2007, 1:29 pm

janicka wrote:

I hadn't an opinion one way of the other about C.S.Lewis until I (tied) to watch that Narnia film.
I was indignant and just a little outraged at it. What condemnation of a belief he didn't even understand, and only used (and I mean USED) to make his own beliefs more endearing.

sheesh. when you have to climb on the backs of other religions to make yours seem tall shows me a defect in your own beliefs.

Merle

Scrapheap
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2007, 2:21 pm

Easy, you quit worshiping that imposter Jehova and embrace the truth. Flying Spaghetti Monster is the only true god. Allow yourself to be touched by his noodely apendages.
He'll allow you to mary anyone you want ! !! Problem solved ! !

RAmen ! !!

In all seriousness though, If you church mandates that you marry within the church, that should be aGIANT RED FLAG that you're in the wrong church. What deluded you into thinking "god" put you there ??

You have a choice to make mister ..... yuo can either pull your head out of your a$$ or drink your Cool-Aide.

Bottoms up 'tard ! !!

Reinserted at the request of Graelwyn.

Aspie_for_the_Lord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2007, 5:44 pm

Scrapheap wrote:
Bottoms up 'tard ! !!

WHAT did you call me? :x

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2007, 5:48 pm

Scrapheap wrote:
Bottoms up 'tard ! !!

WHAT did you call me? :x

I believe he called your mental facilities into question.