Page 8 of 8 [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 6:21 pm

Whathappened wrote:
It is not homophobic, and can we please stop using terms invented by these lib-fascists?

It opposes tyranny, in my opinion homosexuals and people with homosexual desires, and just homosexuality in general is being used by the left as a weapon. That is his platform. I believe it is true. He openly has stated he is not against gay people, but that they, like blacks and minorities ...and everyone else, is being used by the left as tools and instruments.

All they want to do is get married. People on left don't seem to care if they do. It's people on the right who are freaking out saying we are all going to hell because the US government will let gays marry even though marriage has absolutely nothing to do with government or government entities. The two should be forever separate. Government needs to get out of the marriage business. If they weren't in it to begin with, this issue wouldn't exist. Churches would deal with the matter and we all know there are gay churches so...obviously they would marry gay people. That way no official national government would be "allowing" it, it would be something churches do.

Tell me, is there a Marriage Amendment in the constitution?

Whathappened
Raven
Raven

17 Apr 2015, 6:37 pm

Marriage has always been traditionally, in every culture - a bond between a man and a woman. Gay marriage? That term sounds like it doesn't even go together, it's like nails on a chalkboard to hear those two things put together. Call it civil unions, or something else. And no 'legitimate' church has performed a gay marriage. As you can see politics has gotten into our churches, too.

Most Christians I know have no problem with two people who love eachother being together. It's marriage they want to protect. The left is deliberately attacking this. They could settle for civil unions -- but that's not what they want, their aim is to disrupt and break apart marriage, and thoroughly subjugate and undermine the marriage between a man and a woman -- in the west...of course.

I wonder if They allow gay marriages in Israel. I doubt it!

Gay marriage? ... That's for the goys.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 7:15 pm

^^^

Well, that explains the 'Info Wars stuff', all by ITself.

Only folks with a deficIT in what REAL human empathy IS,
AS IS, ALTRUISTICALLY evolvING, hold the freedoms
of others 'back IN BLACK' through 'conspiracy'
theories generated by culture,

and or religion

propagated by written

abstract human language.

Freedom is a 'GOD Given'

all natural 'place'
that

holds
no

prisons of
human being.

Perhaps one is willing to imprison the will of certain
aspects of the human race that is one family togeThEr
in one game of survival of life, ASoNE reAlly big
GLOBAL TRIBE NOW, per the example
of HOMOSEXUAL MARRIAGES;

BUT

i FOR
one WitH ONE

do NOT PLAY

THOSE

ILLuSORY
GAMES

OF
PRACTICAL INTENTS AND
PURPOSES FOR

THE BLACK HOLE 'SON'
OF 'ANTI-CHRIST'
HATE.

Hmm, and heRe's
a theme song
for 'JUST' THAT in 'THUNDER'
'STRUCK' WAY IN 'BACK IN BLACK'!..;)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 9:32 pm

Whathappened wrote:
Marriage has always been traditionally, in every culture - a bond between a man and a woman. Gay marriage? That term sounds like it doesn't even go together, it's like nails on a chalkboard to hear those two things put together. Call it civil unions, or something else. And no 'legitimate' church has performed a gay marriage. As you can see politics has gotten into our churches, too.

Most Christians I know have no problem with two people who love eachother being together. It's marriage they want to protect. The left is deliberately attacking this. They could settle for civil unions -- but that's not what they want, their aim is to disrupt and break apart marriage, and thoroughly subjugate and undermine the marriage between a man and a woman -- in the west...of course.

That's because, at one time, in most of the world, marriage was thought of as a contract between a man and a woman with the only reason it existed is birth of progeny to prolong a bloodline and to create alliances through such progeny.

Nowadays, in the Western developed world, modern marriage is about a celebration of love two people have for each other. Most people marry because they love each other and many of them aren't even planning on starting a family. They have a big celebration of their love union, invite family and friends to celebrate it with them and it can be between anyone who loves another. Some people are stuck in the Bible, cling to it to the point it becomes their personal idol. They don't have a God in physical form to worship like a statue, so they do the only thing they can, they put the Bible high upon a pedestal and treat it like it's a statue of God. No joke. It's just more Bible worship is all it is and if you know anything about Biblical God, you are not supposed to worship a book in his place. These are the ones who insist on marriage being between a man and a woman and it being a permanent state.

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 10:58 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Whathappened wrote:

That's because, at one time, in most of the world, marriage was thought of as a contract between a man and a woman with the only reason it existed is birth of progeny to prolong a bloodline and to create alliances through such progeny.

Nowadays, in the Western developed world, modern marriage is about a celebration of love two people have for each other. Most people marry because they love each other and many of them aren't even planning on starting a family. They have a big celebration of their love union, invite family and friends to celebrate it with them and it can be between anyone who loves another. Some people are stuck in the Bible, cling to it to the point it becomes their personal idol. They don't have a God in physical form to worship like a statue, so they do they only thing they can, they put the Bible high upon a pedestal and treat it like it's a statue of God. No joke. It's just more Bible worship is all it is and if you know anything about Biblical God, you are not supposed to worship a book in his place.

Seriously, if you need to have other people confirm your love that you share with another person... I personally would like marriage be made a completely non-legal issue. I like how my great aunt and uncle did it - they just went and lived together for 50 years (and counting.) Why does everything have to change with a ceremony or a stupid document? The whole idea of making a relationship "official" is insipid and stupid in my mind. I can't understand it.
And seriously, if you want to have a marriage ceremony, why not just have a ceremony? Why do you need to get permission from the government or a specific church to have the ceremony? Why does the government have the right to determine when and how and by whom a couple is married by.

Also, I agree entirely that Bible worship is a form of idolatry in the modern protestant church. And... not all Christians even share the same Bible. Protestants have 66 books while the Catholics and Orthodox denomination tend to have at least 81 books. The Ethiopian Oriental Orthodox Church has a massive bible with more books and beyond that has a broad canon that has never been printed in a single volume.
The homophobic protestant fundamentalists tend to have the most narrow, warped, xenophobic, and ignorant views of Christianity itself, not to mention the world as a whole.

The homophobe heresy tends to follow a rather simple pattern. First, they generally deny the hierarchy of sin and then they elevate homosexuality to being on the worst tier possible in a self-contradictory way. It is obvious heresy.
If homosexual acts are sin, then it is a sin of (positive) passion that is on the tier with premarital sex and a lesser sin than adultery.
Note that I say "positive passion" rather than negative passion.

Finally, I'd like to mention that the state of being homosexual is not a sin, and that it is rather hard to argue that with biblical evidence... although a case could certainly be made for homosexual acts being sins (although I'd decline to agree with that.) To say otherwise is misrepresentation.
For example, the verse Psalm 137:9 (“Blessed shall he be who takes your little ones and dashes them against the rocks!”) shouldn't be taken as a command, blessing, suggestion, or anything of the sort because it is an imprecation (curse) in the midst of a song of lament to God. In other words, it is the psalmist angrily venting to God a dark desire to do harm against his enemies. God welcomes our deepest, darkest and most intense thoughts and emotions.
This verse could easily be distorted to support infanticide or even child sacrifice, but that would be obvious heresy.
The protestant homophobe cult relies on an equal amount of Bible bastardization.

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 11:18 pm

Protogenoi wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Whathappened wrote:

Nowadays, in the Western developed world, modern marriage is about a celebration of love two people have for each other. Most people marry because they love each other and many of them aren't even planning on starting a family. They have a big celebration of their love union, invite family and friends to celebrate it with them and it can be between anyone who loves another. Some people are stuck in the Bible, cling to it to the point it becomes their personal idol. They don't have a God in physical form to worship like a statue, so they do they only thing they can, they put the Bible high upon a pedestal and treat it like it's a statue of God. No joke. It's just more Bible worship is all it is and if you know anything about Biblical God, you are not supposed to worship a book in his place.

Seriously, if you need to have other people confirm your love that you share with another person... I personally would like marriage be made a completely non-legal issue. I like how my great aunt and uncle did it - they just went and lived together for 50 years (and counting.) Why does everything have to change with a ceremony or a stupid document? The whole idea of making a relationship "official" is insipid and stupid in my mind. I can't understand it.
And seriously, if you want to have a marriage ceremony, why not just have a ceremony? Why do you need to get permission from the government or a specific church to have the ceremony? Why does the government have the right to determine when and how and by whom a couple is married by.

Also, I agree entirely that Bible worship is a form of idolatry in the modern protestant church. And... not all Christians even share the same Bible. Protestants have 66 books while the Catholics and Orthodox denomination tend to have at least 81 books. The Ethiopian Oriental Orthodox Church has a massive bible with more books and beyond that has a broad canon that has never been printed in a single volume.
The homophobic protestant fundamentalists tend to have the most narrow, warped, xenophobic, and ignorant views of Christianity itself, not to mention the world as a whole.

The homophobe heresy tends to follow a rather simple pattern. First, they generally deny the hierarchy of sin and then they elevate homosexuality to being on the worst tier possible in a self-contradictory way. It is obvious heresy.
If homosexual acts are sin, then it is a sin of (positive) passion that is on the tier with premarital sex and a lesser sin than adultery.

Finally, I'd like to mention that the state of being homosexual is not a sin, and that it is rather hard to argue that with biblical evidence... although a case could certainly be made for homosexual acts being sins (although I'd decline to agree with that.) To say otherwise is misrepresentation.
For example, the verse Psalm 137:9 (“Blessed shall he be who takes your little ones and dashes them against the rocks!”) shouldn't be taken as a command, blessing, suggestion, or anything of the sort because it is an imprecation (curse) in the midst of a song of lament to God. In other words, it is the psalmist angrily venting to God a dark desire to do harm against his enemies. God welcomes our deepest, darkest and most intense thoughts and emotions.
This verse could easily be distorted to support infanticide or even child sacrifice, but that would be obvious heresy.
The protestant homophobe cult relies on an equal amount of Bible bastardization.

People have a right to have a wedding ceremony of their choosing. I don't begrudge them that right. For some reason, government is obsessed with marriage, I have absolutely no idea why since marriage itself really has nothing at all to do with the state. Notice it's not in the constitution? It's because it's not a matter for state government. It's a church matter, pretty much, or religious one. The state shouldn't be issuing marriage licenses in the first place. The Supreme Court is right though, marriage is not a matter of the state to decide and they should go a step further and tell the states to stop issuing marriage licenses, too and to recognize church marriages as valid, not grant divorces, let churches handle that, too. Some churches might let divorce take place while others won't. Depends on the religion, too. It all began to foul when government got involved in marriages and now we have people who are completely convinced they are doomed because of this.

And another thing, about stds they test for before issuing a license...it's like, if the state doesn't test, two people with stds will marry and spread it when, in reality, if they are going to spread it, it's likely already been spread. It's not even in line with society's norms so what's the excuse for requiring a marriage license from the state? If people have symptoms of std they go to their doctors, get it treated, they don't wait around for a test from the state to tell them they are ill.

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 12:26 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Protogenoi wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Whathappened wrote:

People have a right to have a wedding ceremony of their choosing. I don't begrudge them that right. For some reason, government is obsessed with marriage, I have absolutely no idea why since marriage itself really has nothing at all to do with the state. Notice it's not in the constitution? It's because it's not a matter for state government. It's a church matter, pretty much, or religious one. The state shouldn't be issuing marriage licenses in the first place. The Supreme Court is right though, marriage is not a matter of the state to decide and they should go a step further and tell the states to stop issuing marriage licenses, too and to recognize church marriages as valid, not grant divorces, let churches handle that, too. Some churches might let divorce take place while others won't. Depends on the religion, too. It all began to foul when government got involved in marriages and now we have people who are completely convinced they are doomed because of this.

And another thing, about stds they test for before issuing a license...it's like, if the state doesn't test, two people with stds will marry and spread it when, in reality, if they are going to spread it, it's likely already been spread. It's not even in line with society's norms so what's the excuse for requiring a marriage license from the state? If people have symptoms of std they go to their doctors, get it treated, they don't wait around for a test from the state to tell them they are ill.

The federal laws are incredibly recent. In 1923, the Federal Government established the Uniform Marriage and Marriage License Act (they later established the Uniform Marriage and Divorce Act). By 1929, every state in the Union had adopted marriage license laws.” New York didn't have a licensed marriage until 1930. The earliest marriage license I know of was issued in 1844 and that was under local law.
However, the Quakers don't include the legal portion of the ceremony in their ceremony and the documents may be signed at a later date or not at all.

Most of the older marriage laws were created to help regulate interacial marriage, "Oregon Laws of 1866, section 1, page 10 (section 23-1010, O.C.L.A.) prohibiting marriage between a white person and one having Negro, Chinese, Kanaka or Indian blood" made void in 1959. Section 106.210, for example, said that through a marriage license not only is the marriage “validated”, but also the children that issue from the marriage are declared "to be.“ (Made void 2007.)

There are several current problems that arise on account of government marriage licensing.
1. Under a marriage license (at least theoretically), children become the produce of a privilege granted by the state.

2. The marriage license might be construed as a quasi-contract that obligates the parities to obey the issuer’s (i.e., the government’s) rules for marriage and family.

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 3:30 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

what state does this? not mine o.O

reason for marriage in law is so you get family rights, like being able to visit in hospital or make decisions for your spouse if they are unable to. lot of things one can only do via being married. so I can see why gays would want that too.

anyways if I'm mistaken isn't gay marriage legal in all states now due to obama and supreme court? so why is this still an issue. unless its the left wanting to mandate churches preform the wedding in which case that would be pretty clear violation of the religious freedom.

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 9:01 pm

sly279 wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

what state does this? not mine o.O

reason for marriage in law is so you get family rights, like being able to visit in hospital or make decisions for your spouse if they are unable to. lot of things one can only do via being married. so I can see why gays would want that too.

anyways if I'm mistaken isn't gay marriage legal in all states now due to obama and supreme court? so why is this still an issue. unless its the left wanting to mandate churches preform the wedding in which case that would be pretty clear violation of the religious freedom.

It's legal in 38 states currently and a few additional localities within the remaining state.

I can see why they want the family rights, but they should already have those rights. Those rights should be already existent without marriage at all if wanted... like they were less than a hundred years ago.

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2015, 8:25 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Protogenoi wrote:
em_tsuj wrote:
If she wins the primary, I will probably vote for her Republican opponent. She couldn't run the State Department, so how can she run the whole Federal Government?

What if Bush wins the Republican Primary? Which evil will you choose?

Americans have the right to vote a third party candidate or write in a candidate not on the ballet. While I have not decided on 2016 I have done both in the past and will probably do it again. You will piss off the election workers volunteers if you ask to write in a candidate. Every election is in some way a vote for the lesser of two evils. In some elections I have voted for the lesser of two evils. When I have felt both candidates would be an utter disaster I used the alternative options. What can I say, my brain is wired to think and do what most people would not or abhor. They do abhor you if you don't vote for one of the two major parties. I have gotten way way more anger and contempt for not voting for candidates from the two major parties then when I vote for a major party candidate.

The cliche of the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over failing and expecting things to get better. America has overwhelmingly voted for one of the two parties and the political system has gotten more and more broken. There is nothing in the constitution about a to party system. We have it because that is what most chose.

I can't wait for the current generation to get out and a new one to take over. Barack Obama is part of a newer generation. So is Rand Paul. It seems current people are fighting battles of the 60's and 70's over and over again and not focusing on the real problems now. What are we going to do about climate change, infrastructure, education, the working poor, addiction, obesity, the government ignoring the 4th amendment, crazy finances on the federal level?

Sorry...a tangent...but that is one of the reasons I don't want Hillary. She is too old.

I used to vote third party but now I am more strategic. It really doesn't matter who I vote for though because of the electoral college. I live in a conservative state. I never vote for the winning candidate because I think too much outside the box.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2015, 4:28 pm

Clinton Slips in New Poll, But Stays Ahead of GOP Rivals

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 10:32 pm

xenocity wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
xenocity wrote:
If the polls are accurate within reason, then over half the country likes Hillary.

It doesn't help that their isn't a GOP candidate who is moderate enough to survive primary season.

Though in the end can Hillary legally assume the office of president, due to her being a woman??

Article II, Clause 1: Executive Power

Quote:
The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America. He shall hold his Office during the Term of four Years, and, together with the Vice President, chosen for the same Term, be elected, as follows

Clause 6: Vacancy and disability

Quote:
In Case of the Removal of the President from Office, or of his Death, Resignation, or Inability to discharge the Powers and Duties of the said Office, the Same shall devolve on the Vice President, and the Congress may by Law provide for the Case of Removal, Death, Resignation or Inability, both of the President and Vice President, declaring what Officer shall then act as President, and such Officer shall act accordingly, until the Disability be removed, or a President shall be elected.

Clause 7: Salary

Quote:
The President shall, at stated Times, receive for his Services, a Compensation, which shall neither be increased nor diminished during the Period for which he shall have been elected, and he shall not receive within that Period any other Emolument from the United States, or any of them.

Clause 8: Oath or affirmation

Quote:
Before he enters the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:—"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

Clause 1: Command of military; Opinions of cabinet secretaries; Pardons

Quote:
The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any Subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_Tw ... nstitution

There are many more clauses to Article 2, which list the president as a HE.
12th, 20th, and 25th amendments also list the president as a HE.

I want to see someone challenge Hillary (or any other woman), who wins the election for president based on the literal wording of the constitution.

The constitution makes it very clear that only a man is allowed to be president.

No matter what the legal odds no matter how big a landslide she wins by the Republicans will try this and if they lose legally will try and impeach her on those grounds and the emails and whatever else.

I'd love to see them try.

Though you do need a majority vote of both houses to start the impeachment process.
The GOP couldn't even line up behind a bill of impeachment of Obama, submitted to the House by their own member.

Does anyone really want an female U.S. president?

If any woman that would have appealed to me as presidential material, it would have been either Bella Abzug or Barbara Bush. Both of them are/were ass kickers extrordinaire.

Artificius
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 May 2015, 8:38 pm

Clinton II seems likely to govern in her own right, not sure why some assume she's a proxy for her husband.

She'll probably be elected because she's long been publicly groomed for the role (has an undivided but possibly naive base with few if any real challengers within her party) and the recent GOP primaries resemble cockfights (by the time they're done determining a "winner," he's bleeding, covered in mud, and has a divided base). Additionally, while none of the candidates seem especially charismatic this cycle, she's not as prone to the sort of gaffes that have driven the Republican party further and further, stupidly and uncompromisingly right in the public mind on social issues. They're sailing against the wind and not even bothering to tack for fear of looking weak and unprincipled or because tacking requires a lot of coordination, pick whichever you like. I think they're just ruining their sails and are going to have to scuttle the ship eventually, probably take up with the right-leaning one of the two crews that the Democrats will split into if the Republicans ever go the way of the Whigs.

Whoever wins the big chair, I don't especially like Clinton II, as I strongly suspect she'll expand the use of drone warfare and is just as much of if slightly more selective a hawk compared to her GOP challengers. She just seems more likely to get there because of the GOP's lingering image as the party of obstruction, fear, and invasion under false pretenses, which will probably last at least another election cycle.

And after her, the Republicans might have to worry about Cory Booker. I seriously doubt they'll be able to bring anyone up to bat who can match or safely ignore his charisma if he ever chooses to run. They'll have to find some way to subvert his Rooseveltian neo-progressive "man of and for the people" image, and if they choose to subvert but fail, he'll just look better. He's like the Gipper, but not nearly as senile.

...This is a side question, but do you think the GOP could survive decades of losses in the presidential races?