Page 2 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 18 Jun 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,265

29 Apr 2015, 12:14 pm

One scene that will never be shown on the news are the individuals who are throwing themselves between the police force dressed in tactical gear and the angry mob. These individuals are telling people do not give the police reason and perhaps preventing more violence but you won't see much attention paid to them.



ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 18 Jun 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,265

29 Apr 2015, 12:21 pm

trollcatman wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Actually stealing has got nothing to do with how the police treated Freddie Gray so those thieves stand a good chance of getting arrested.

What I disagree with is the video of the mother hitting the son for participating in the violent aftermath because all this violence is a big reason why it is so violent. There's just too much violence. If the kid is harming someone and breaking the law, just hand him over to the cops. Gotta learn if you act that way the police will cite you but don't teach him to start using others as a punching bag when you get angry over something they did. That is why they are in this mess to begin with. People treating each other as punching bags at will.


Yes! I don't understand the praise this mother gets for hitting her son. Hitting your kids f***s them up in the head and makes them more likely to commit violence as adults, and they are more likely to hit their own children. Also, imagine a similar scene: big father spots small daughter in crowd and starts to beat her. Suddenly it looks a lot uglier. The mother is just a postergirl for the whole violent mentality over there, I don't see how people don't get that.



In the town I live, if someone started hitting their kid like that in public, the cops would be called on them and they would get questioned. Domestic violence is not tolerated.



trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Dec 2012
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,919

29 Apr 2015, 12:41 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
trollcatman wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Actually stealing has got nothing to do with how the police treated Freddie Gray so those thieves stand a good chance of getting arrested.

What I disagree with is the video of the mother hitting the son for participating in the violent aftermath because all this violence is a big reason why it is so violent. There's just too much violence. If the kid is harming someone and breaking the law, just hand him over to the cops. Gotta learn if you act that way the police will cite you but don't teach him to start using others as a punching bag when you get angry over something they did. That is why they are in this mess to begin with. People treating each other as punching bags at will.


Yes! I don't understand the praise this mother gets for hitting her son. Hitting your kids f***s them up in the head and makes them more likely to commit violence as adults, and they are more likely to hit their own children. Also, imagine a similar scene: big father spots small daughter in crowd and starts to beat her. Suddenly it looks a lot uglier. The mother is just a postergirl for the whole violent mentality over there, I don't see how people don't get that.



In the town I live, if someone started hitting their kid like that in public, the cops would be called on them and they would get questioned. Domestic violence is not tolerated.


As it should be. Now she is just a hysterical lady assaulting her son and basically telling him violence is ok. What if crazy lady hit me for no reason, that would be assault wouldn't it? Son showed great restraint in not hitting back, he was bigger than her. Crazy lady wouldn't be so lucky if she attacked me.



Kate.com
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 16 Apr 2015
Posts: 137
Location: Vermont

29 Apr 2015, 1:10 pm

Totally against the riots. Destructive, thieving, violent, threatening lives and livelihoods. They are not a call for help.

The mood in that particular part of Baltimore seems low. Peeps without hope/jobs. More than 50% unemployed. That's obviously bad. Fosters environment where, perhaps, people will listen to spirit of violence over good sense. It's a broken world.

On the mom, she was reacting against the spirit of violence that appeared to have taken her son. She was desperate. Additionally, he was taken up in the riot, throwing rocks and other things at cops. I don't think she hit him out of any malice toward him. She was desperate to save him. And media reports say it worked. He was not among the over 200 arrested. And he didn't find himself in the hospital.

I'm concerned major terror groups might try to influence. I've been reading some posts on this. They operate by playing on emotions of rioters and through gangs.



ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 18 Jun 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,265

29 Apr 2015, 1:16 pm

trollcatman wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
trollcatman wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Actually stealing has got nothing to do with how the police treated Freddie Gray so those thieves stand a good chance of getting arrested.

What I disagree with is the video of the mother hitting the son for participating in the violent aftermath because all this violence is a big reason why it is so violent. There's just too much violence. If the kid is harming someone and breaking the law, just hand him over to the cops. Gotta learn if you act that way the police will cite you but don't teach him to start using others as a punching bag when you get angry over something they did. That is why they are in this mess to begin with. People treating each other as punching bags at will.


Yes! I don't understand the praise this mother gets for hitting her son. Hitting your kids f***s them up in the head and makes them more likely to commit violence as adults, and they are more likely to hit their own children. Also, imagine a similar scene: big father spots small daughter in crowd and starts to beat her. Suddenly it looks a lot uglier. The mother is just a postergirl for the whole violent mentality over there, I don't see how people don't get that.



In the town I live, if someone started hitting their kid like that in public, the cops would be called on them and they would get questioned. Domestic violence is not tolerated.


As it should be. Now she is just a hysterical lady assaulting her son and basically telling him violence is ok. What if crazy lady hit me for no reason, that would be assault wouldn't it? Son showed great restraint in not hitting back, he was bigger than her. Crazy lady wouldn't be so lucky if she attacked me.



:wtg:



ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 18 Jun 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,265

29 Apr 2015, 1:21 pm

Kate.com wrote:
Totally against the riots. Destructive, thieving, violent, threatening lives and livelihoods. They are not a call for help.

The mood in that particular part of Baltimore seems low. Peeps without hope/jobs. More than 50% unemployed. That's obviously bad. Fosters environment where, perhaps, people will listen to spirit of violence over good sense. It's a broken world.

On the mom, she was reacting against the spirit of violence that appeared to have taken her son. She was desperate. Additionally, he was taken up in the riot, throwing rocks and other things at cops. I don't think she hit him out of any malice toward him. She was desperate to save him. And media reports say it worked. He was not among the over 200 arrested. And he didn't find himself in the hospital.

I'm concerned major terror groups might try to influence. I've been reading some posts on this. They operate by playing on emotions of rioters and through gangs.


Okay then by that logic, madam, it should be all right for the kids to react against police brutality with violence because what you are saying, with all due respect, is it is okay to react to violence with violence and this is exactly what the rioters are doing so if you excuse the mom's action against her son, as far as I am concerned, you say yes, it's okay, to all of it.

I disagree with the idea terror groups influencing this. Angry people do not need terror groups. When they are angry and desperate no one needs to tell them to do anything and what I am seeing is a lot of angry, desperate people. I am not excusing their actions, just explaining the emotions behind them.

Say NO to all the violence. All of it.



Kate.com
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 16 Apr 2015
Posts: 137
Location: Vermont

29 Apr 2015, 1:33 pm

Riiiight. Because it would have been better to have the son in the riot? No. Mom was parenting. Gaining his attention from the frenzy was a major event. She's a good mom. She's not there to beat him up or kill him.

Further see this to get idea of the personal attack on livelihood and life itself. And why. "For fun"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quW7LquykV8



ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 18 Jun 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,265

29 Apr 2015, 1:42 pm

Kate.com wrote:
Riiiight. Because it would have been better to have the son in the riot? No. Mom was parenting. Gaining his attention from the frenzy was a major event. She's a good mom. She's not there to beat him up or kill him.

Further see this to get idea of the personal attack on livelihood and life itself. And why. "For fun"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quW7LquykV8



This is the culture of violence justified and excused, see? It's a perpetual cycle so do not be surprised when you see it. It is a false statement that you must have violence to parent and parenting involves it. Parenting involves active participation, protection and guidance, not violence. If you create a nurturing, violence free environment you will see a child who can thrive and participate in society rather than what we have now. Believe me, Lady, if that parent hit that kid once, she has hit him many times before and you see how well it worked. It didn't and it won't. It will enrage that kid make him more determined to be destructive.

I just can't get over the irony of a mother beating on her kid in the middle of a riot thinking it will somehow stop it when she only is telling him when you are angry, you hit someone, and it's fine. Look at me, I am hitting you. It's just sad people do not understand and will willfully egg such a person on and I have seen it many times. That kid is going to be left with a heap of confusion about the way the world works as a result. It can not be a good thing.



Kate.com
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 16 Apr 2015
Posts: 137
Location: Vermont

29 Apr 2015, 1:53 pm

You don't know the mother. You make these sweeping arranged arguments based on what you want to see.

The mother told her story. And she saved her son.

As for violence in culture, I agree that there's too much in the world but to control the senses so much as to not restrain one's son from rioting and assaulting people demonstrates a critical moral vacancy in your argument.

The idea that the world will exist at any time without violence speaks only to utopia. It means a world without human nature. And this cannot be, so utopia is more than distant from reality.

I'm more occupied in hoping this rioting doesn't spread to other cities. I don't see the benefits for jobs, race relations, how the cops act, etc



ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 18 Jun 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,265

29 Apr 2015, 2:00 pm

Kate.com wrote:
You don't know the mother. You make these sweeping arranged arguments based on what you want to see.

The mother told her story. And she saved her son.

As for violence in culture, I agree that there's too much in the world but to control the senses so much as to not restrain one's son from rioting and assaulting people demonstrates a critical moral vacancy in your argument.

The idea that the world will exist at any time without violence speaks only to utopia. It means a world without human nature. And this cannot be, so utopia is more than distant from reality.

I'm more occupied in hoping this rioting doesn't spread to other cities. I don't see the benefits for jobs, race relations, how the cops act, etc


I have no idea if she has "saved" her son because I don't know what he will do in the future. For all we know, he could be in jail in a few months. She might have put on a show in front of someone's camera but as to actually solving any problems, it remains to be seen. What needs to happen is a rational person from that community needs to step in and mentor that poor child as it seems all he has is violence and irrationality in his life. That might save him and give him the self esteem he needs to follow his dreams and I hope someone will.

People seem to believe if they just hit their kid enough times they won't be any trouble but reality is, a lot of these kids you see acting like this have no family, live in poverty, have a mother who is not married to their real dad and has many boyfriends while the kid is growing up who may beat the kid and she allows it. So it's not just a matter of a kid without any discipline in his life acting like a spoiled brat. A lot of times their lives have been very difficult.



Last edited by ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo on 29 Apr 2015, 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 31,286
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

29 Apr 2015, 2:05 pm

evilsithwraith666 wrote:
alex wrote:
It seems like most of the rioters are opportunists who are taking advantage of the situation rather than actual protestors.


Incorrect. The looters and rioters are actually a minority hovering around 5% ( sources: CNN, MSNBC, Mic.com, Washington post, Smithsonian magazine)


I don't think it was meant that the looters and rioters where the majority....but rather that most of the ones looting and rioting where opportunists taking advantage of the situation rather than actually protesting anything, which I'd agree with. but I could be wrong that is just what i took it to mean.



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 31,286
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

29 Apr 2015, 2:09 pm

evilsithwraith666 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Yeah I do not see how stealing a bunch of crap or throwing bricks at people is a solution for police brutality...I saw a rather short video that showed a bit of what was going on, burning buildings, looting and well it was kinda scary looking, I was glad to be safe in Colorado. But that kind of rioting cannot be a good sign either way....I mean if people start acting like that on a larger scale things are going to go to hell really fast, faster than they are.

Bunch of idiots......I mean I know social unrest and all that, but violence like that won't solve it. As for the MLK quote posted in this thread...somehow I just don't think the majority of the looters and brick throwers felt they 'had' to do that I feel like a lot just took it as an opportunity to act like asses unchecked. Wheras in MLKs era I could see more people really feeling like they needed to 'fight' I doubt in the context of this incident he'd defend any of that...but IDK, I do know the guy wasn't a complete saint even if he did have some important things to say.


From your statement, can I safely assume that you believe we are in a post-racist society where the words of MLK are no longer relevant?

I do not see how exactly you got that...I'd say from what I see it seems like there is more tension between classes like wealthy and poor than racial tensions over-all, that is not to say there is no racial tension, unfortunately that is still a problem as well. I also more meant things where a little more brutal back when MLK was around from my understanding of the time period, for instance if a cop killed someone more out of racism than anything else they could likely express that without much criticism in a lot of places.....basically racism was more accepted as well as bad treatment of minorities but I did not mean its not a problem anymore.



Kate.com
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 16 Apr 2015
Posts: 137
Location: Vermont

29 Apr 2015, 2:17 pm

His mom worked to save him from 1 day of rioting.

I see this as success.

A former FBI agent referred to the intensity of the mass frenzy that people are caught up in with these events. He speaks of isolating a friend/loved one from the group think.

"'An individual mother-and-child incident like this one is the best way to get these violent groups to listen', according to ABC News contributor and former FBI agent Steve Gomez.

'If you get them separated, and you get their family member, someone they respect, to lay into them,' he said. 'I don't think that they're going to listen to anybody other than their parents or someone in their family that they respect.'"

http://abcnews.go.com/US/baltimore-mom- ... d=30639845

I hope the boy can be successful too. Apparently he has 5 siblings.



ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 18 Jun 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,265

29 Apr 2015, 2:23 pm

We don't know if he is actually saved from anything. That's just part of the media spin, which supports this idea we gotta beat each other to save each other but there's no proof he has been saved from anything. That is just a superficial lie. To be saved he would need more intervention than just that and it is a pure insult to anyone's intelligence to make such a careless, vague statement, oh he was saved by this one episode of his mom hitting him in front of a camera. What rubbish.



trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Dec 2012
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,919

29 Apr 2015, 4:08 pm

Kate.com wrote:
Riiiight. Because it would have been better to have the son in the riot? No. Mom was parenting. Gaining his attention from the frenzy was a major event. She's a good mom. She's not there to beat him up or kill him.

Further see this to get idea of the personal attack on livelihood and life itself. And why. "For fun"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quW7LquykV8


It's good she got her son out of there because looters are arses, but did she have to hit him? And from that behavior I think it's likely that hitting is a normal "parental tool" in that house, so it's no surprise the son is drawn to violent riots.
I read that Baltimore had a history of having above average crime. Maybe it's a cultural thing over there where violence is considered more normal than in other parts of the country.



GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 May 2007
Age: 50
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,748
Location: International House of Paincakes...

29 Apr 2015, 4:38 pm

crime is not caused because a frustrated mother smacked her hard headed son a few times.

The crime in Baltimore is cause by racism, poverty, and a shitty economy. I've lived on the East coast and seen it in action in too many communities.


_________________
No man is free who is not master of himself.~Epictetus