Page 5 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2015, 6:22 am

Laurelynn wrote:
I guess I'm a little less of a 'typical autistic'. It's very important to me that I don't hurt people's feelings, I actually get very stressed about the thought. I still manage to accidentally offend people daily, though.

Same here...
I used to go into a thought loop analysing what I had said and where I went wrong...
Personally, I think this isn't uncommon in aspies, based on personal experience...

I think you misunderstand where I am coming from...

I have never advocated a lack of emotion...
My intent was to highlight a system of behaviour governed by emotionalism where reason was dismissed as irrelevant in favour of what satisfied the emotional needs of the moment.

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2015, 2:27 am

OP, I haven't read through your thread, but the brain is the record of the emotions of a life. You don't remember the logic of things within your memory as much as you do the way it made you feel, and very often when people recall a shared memory, they each recall slight variations of the event precisely because of the the variation between individuals and what each considered worthy of emotional significance. In your death bed, you don't remember the logic of things so much as the things that carry emotional weight. If you've endured a very hard life, this neurological record may consist more of "I never want to feel that way again," but good emotion, bad emotion, it's emotion that focuses the mind. So perhaps the logic of the heart should carry greater weight, as the humanizing element that separates us spectrum's from those neuro's.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2015, 8:10 pm

Thank you for your contribution.
You have given me food for thought and that is always a good thing.

Cheers...