Page 3 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 18 Jun 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,265

04 Jul 2015, 9:16 am

GoonSquad wrote:
kamiyu910 wrote:
I've gotten serious backlash for posting this line of thought on Facebook (lost like 20+ "friends")

But I agree. It only serves to divide. If one can't do something, then why should others be able to? If one can, why not others? Isn't this sort of segregation what got us here in the first place?

People don't want equality, they just want the power to shift. They want revenge/vengeance, they want to make those who they think cause suffering to suffer. And if someone is in any sort of societal power position, they are the enemy, even if they really aren't in any position of power.

And me wanting everyone to be treated equally is racist, homophobic, and sexist.


No. The problem here is that you are blind to the fact that people aren't being treated equally. The reason white pride is seen as objectionable by many is because society is dominated by whites, particularly rich, white, males.

By default, everyday is white pride day.


That's why I say Human Pride, that way, we are all recognized as equals regardless of our differences. The point is, certain words and images are implicated in discord so choose thoughtfully, not outright ban, but be thoughtful of the implications of your choice.



LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Oct 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,195
Location: USA

04 Jul 2015, 10:23 am

naturalplastic wrote:
'White pride' was always considered bogus.


I agree with what you said. However, "white pride" does exist today. Here are some ...

-On "Columbus Day" there is an Italian pride march to honor Columbus.
-On "Columbus Day" there there is a Hispanic pride march to honor Columbus.
-"Polish American day".
-"National Italian America Month" in October.
-"National Hispanic American Month" Sept 15 to Oct 15 (whites can have Hispanic ancestry)
-"National Irish-American Heritage month" in March.
- October 6: German-American Day
- October 9: Leif Erikson Day
- May: Jewish American Heritage Month
...
...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... ive_months
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_o ... oclamation



AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Jun 2014
Age: 58
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,118
Location: Brigham City, Utah

04 Jul 2015, 10:36 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
'White pride' was always considered bogus.

I agree with what you said. However, "white pride" does exist today. Here are some ...

-On "Columbus Day" there is an Italian pride march to honor Columbus.
-On "Columbus Day" there there is a Hispanic pride march to honor Columbus.
-"Polish American day".
-"National Italian America Month" in October.
-"National Hispanic American Month" Sept 15 to Oct 15 (whites can have Hispanic ancestry)
-"National Irish-American Heritage month" in March.
- October 6: German-American Day
- October 9: Leif Erikson Day
- May: Jewish American Heritage Month
...
...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... ive_months
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_o ... oclamation

White Pride (not the racist kind) comes in all forms.


_________________
Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)


kamiyu910
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Age: 35
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,036
Location: California

04 Jul 2015, 11:08 am

AspieUtah wrote:
kamiyu910 wrote:
...considering history, that's why White Pride is considered bad - because racist people used it most....

Are non-white individuals ever capable of racism? If so, your logic falls apart.


Did you not read my entire post? That's not at all what I said. Everyone is capable of racism. Or I'm completely missing your point??

kamiyu910 wrote:
The connotations related to "white pride" are bad, yet every other kind of pride is fine even though bad things have been done in their name... I don't like things that are uneven. I like things to be equal and not lopsided. It doesn't make sense at all to me when things are allowed for one group but not another.


_________________
Your Aspie score: 171 of 200
Your Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 40 of 200


AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Jun 2014
Age: 58
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,118
Location: Brigham City, Utah

04 Jul 2015, 11:15 am

kamiyu910 wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
kamiyu910 wrote:
...considering history, that's why White Pride is considered bad - because racist people used it most....

Are non-white individuals ever capable of racism? If so, your logic falls apart.

Did you not read my entire post? That's not at all what I said. Everyone is capable of racism. Or I'm completely missing your point??

kamiyu910 wrote:
The connotations related to "white pride" are bad, yet every other kind of pride is fine even though bad things have been done in their name... I don't like things that are uneven. I like things to be equal and not lopsided. It doesn't make sense at all to me when things are allowed for one group but not another.

We agree.


_________________
Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)


ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 18 Jun 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,265

04 Jul 2015, 11:18 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Saying "White pride is now being scrutinized" is ridiculous. 'White pride' was always considered bogus.

The phrase "White pride" was rarely ever uttered by anyone outside of the KKK, and was ALWAYS regarded as a codeword for racism, and was never taken seriously by any American of any skin color outside of the KKK.

Whites are both the majority of country, and its ruling group, so it makes no sense to make a cause out of "White pride" as distinct from say: general purpose "American pride". Its the marginalized groups that need extra doses of pride. The ruling mainstream group is already overdosing on pride.

Imagine if someone proposed a "neurotypical pride day". Even neurotypicals would laugh ( if they even knew what NT meant- the term isnt even used much outside of autism spectrum websites). But an 'autism pride day' would seem like a respectable cause.



Increasingly, whites are more and more insecure. Look at the recent incidents involving high profile cases involving cops assaulting blacks and one where a black man shot a cop in retaliation. All this has led whites to feel even more uncertain as of late. So you might think whites have no reason to support white pride but there might be some whites who disagree. Some of them believe they are the new minority and they do not have the same rights as their grandfathers. It might seem like a joke to you, but there's evidence some white Americans are nervous about the future. They might not use those exact words, white pride, but they express the same sentiment in other ways. So, it is something to be cognizant of in the New World Order, a caucasian's insecurity about his place in the grand scheme of things.



AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Jun 2014
Age: 58
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,118
Location: Brigham City, Utah

04 Jul 2015, 11:24 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Increasingly, whites are more and more insecure. Look at the recent incidents involving high profile cases involving cops assaulting blacks and one where a black man shot a cop in retaliation. All this has led whites to feel even more uncertain as of late. So you might think whites have no reason to support white pride but there might be some whites who disagree. Some of them believe they are the new minority and they do not have the same rights as their grandfathers. It might seem like a joke to you, but there's evidence some white Americans are nervous about the future. They might not use those exact words, white pride, but they express the same sentiment in other ways. So, it is something to be cognizant of in the New World Order, a caucasian's insecurity about his place in the grand scheme of things.

The demographics of "some white Americans [who] are nervous about the future" and "the New World Order" are politically polar opposites. I amn't sure if you meant to suggest this or that they are compatriots.


_________________
Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)


ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 18 Jun 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,265

04 Jul 2015, 11:25 am

AspieUtah wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Increasingly, whites are more and more insecure. Look at the recent incidents involving high profile cases involving cops assaulting blacks and one where a black man shot a cop in retaliation. All this has led whites to feel even more uncertain as of late. So you might think whites have no reason to support white pride but there might be some whites who disagree. Some of them believe they are the new minority and they do not have the same rights as their grandfathers. It might seem like a joke to you, but there's evidence some white Americans are nervous about the future. They might not use those exact words, white pride, but they express the same sentiment in other ways. So, it is something to be cognizant of in the New World Order, a caucasian's insecurity about his place in the grand scheme of things.

The demographics of "some white Americans [who] are nervous about the future" and "the New World Order" are politically polar opposites. I amn't sure if you meant to suggest this or that they are compatriots.



*Nods* The future worries them indeed.



AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Jun 2014
Age: 58
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,118
Location: Brigham City, Utah

04 Jul 2015, 11:34 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
...The future worries them indeed.

Considering that Adolph Hitler was a fan of what he called the "New Order" paradigm ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Order_%28Nazism%29 ), I have an immediate doubt about anyone who supports it, too. This includes Republican U.S. President George H.W. Bush and Republican former U.S. Secretary of State Henry Kissinger.


_________________
Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)


ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 18 Jun 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,265

04 Jul 2015, 11:46 am

AspieUtah wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
...The future worries them indeed.

Considering that Adolph Hitler was a fan of what he called the "New Order" paradigm ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Order_%28Nazism%29 ), I have an immediate doubt about anyone who supports it, too. This includes Republican U.S. President George H.W. Bush and Republican former U.S. Secretary of State Henry Kissinger.


Hitler was interested in Germany being the one calling all the shots, this is why he wanted a New Order. This, and he was determined to stomp out Bolshevikism, whom he reckoned the arch enemy of the German Reich and volke.

White America worries America won't be at the top of this latest New Order which is why the are insecure about what the future holds for their descendants.



AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Jun 2014
Age: 58
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,118
Location: Brigham City, Utah

04 Jul 2015, 11:49 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Hitler was interested in Germany being the one calling all the shots, this is why he wanted a New Order. This, and he was determined to stomp out Bolshevikism, whom he reckoned the arch enemy of the German Reich and volke.

White America worries America won't be at the top of this latest New Order which is why the are insecure about what the future holds for their descendants.

Indeed, but the brand of New World Order proposed by Bush, Kissinger et al. is strong opposed by worried white Americans.


_________________
Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,793
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

05 Jul 2015, 10:38 pm

Black and gay pride is all about people who in the past have been pressed into second class citizenship, if not out and out pariahs, and now simply want to express how they are no longer going to take a back seat in the eyes of society, or the eyes of the law. Whereas white pride is a reactionary movement by racist whites, who imagine themselves as victims now that they can no longer sh*t on other groups with impunity.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Apr 2011
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,026

05 Jul 2015, 11:30 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Black and gay pride is all about people who in the past have been pressed into second class citizenship, if not out and out pariahs, and now simply want to express how they are no longer going to take a back seat in the eyes of society, or the eyes of the law. Whereas white pride is a reactionary movement by racist whites, who imagine themselves as victims now that they can no longer sh*t on other groups with impunity.


And really, if your superiority is on the basis of having impunity to sh*t on people, your culture is pretty sh*tty.

The old southern white guys are all about a concept of honor where people are deferential toward you because you said so.

Which, frankly, is kinda weak, hollow, and worthless.



AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Jun 2014
Age: 58
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,118
Location: Brigham City, Utah

06 Jul 2015, 8:24 am

blauSamstag wrote:
And really, if your superiority is on the basis of having impunity to sh*t on people, your culture is pretty sh*tty.

The old southern white guys are all about a concept of honor where people are deferential toward you because you said so.

Which, frankly, is kinda weak, hollow, and worthless.

Do you enjoy stereotyping people all the time?!?


_________________
Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)


Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 May 2009
Age: 54
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,450
Location: x

06 Jul 2015, 9:09 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
White Pride is seen as divisionary. So how does this apply to all the other forms of pride? Is it only White Pride that is divisionary while all the others aren't? Whenever someone talks about White Pride or promotes this, they get called racist. It's thought of as racist ideology. So how do you reconcile this? And why is it we cannot be proud of our humanity. Humanism and Humanity as a collective is what gets shamed the most at the moment. We focus on how we are different and then say humanism is an unreliable standard because it's about being a human and focuses on what we have in common.

I am going to take the initiative and say I am proud to be human.


The White Pride movement sets itself in opposition (sometimes literally violent opposition) to other races. But when white people celebrate pride in specific white cultures, rather than generic "white", there is no problem. St. Patrick's Day parades, Greek Festival, an Italian flag as a bumper sticker etc. It's all good because none of it is specifically anti-other-race.

Black people would do the same thing if slavery hadn't lumped them all together. More recent black immigrants do just that with Caribbean Festival and such. The problem isn't white people celebrating heritage. There is probably a Polish/Irish/Italian/Hungarian/Swedish etc. festival that happening soon within the state lines of whatever U.S, state you happen to be in. But none of those heritage celebrations is specifically anti-non-white the way White Pride is. That's why White Pride is divisive but Irish (or whichever) pride is not.

What of white people who have no idea of their ethic background or who don't care and identify just as American? Then hit all the "white" festivals and/or go to a 4th of July celebration (assume they did on Saturday). But White Pride specified as such without breaking it down by pre-American heritage comes with a lot of violent baggage.



AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Jun 2014
Age: 58
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,118
Location: Brigham City, Utah

06 Jul 2015, 9:20 am

Janissy wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
White Pride is seen as divisionary. So how does this apply to all the other forms of pride? Is it only White Pride that is divisionary while all the others aren't? Whenever someone talks about White Pride or promotes this, they get called racist. It's thought of as racist ideology. So how do you reconcile this? And why is it we cannot be proud of our humanity. Humanism and Humanity as a collective is what gets shamed the most at the moment. We focus on how we are different and then say humanism is an unreliable standard because it's about being a human and focuses on what we have in common.

I am going to take the initiative and say I am proud to be human.

The White Pride movement sets itself in opposition (sometimes literally violent opposition) to other races. But when white people celebrate pride in specific white cultures, rather than generic "white", there is no problem. St. Patrick's Day parades, Greek Festival, an Italian flag as a bumper sticker etc. It's all good because none of it is specifically anti-other-race.

Black people would do the same thing if slavery hadn't lumped them all together. More recent black immigrants do just that with Caribbean Festival and such. The problem isn't white people celebrating heritage. There is probably a Polish/Irish/Italian/Hungarian/Swedish etc. festival that happening soon within the state lines of whatever U.S, state you happen to be in. But none of those heritage celebrations is specifically anti-non-white the way White Pride is. That's why White Pride is divisive but Irish (or whichever) pride is not.

What of white people who have no idea of their ethic background or who don't care and identify just as American? Then hit all the "white" festivals and/or go to a 4th of July celebration (assume they did on Saturday). But White Pride specified as such without breaking it down by pre-American heritage comes with a lot of violent baggage.

How would Black Pride be similarly balkanized? After all, if White Pride shouldn't exist because its reference to a singular race rather than its component national constituencies, shouldn't the same, equal, balkanization of Black Pride's reference to a singular race be performed, thereby turning it into South African Pride or Moroccan Pride, as well?


_________________
Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)