Should they end sexually segregated restrooms?

Page 2 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2015, 9:06 am

nerdygirl wrote:
How much time have you spent around 3 yr olds?

Quite a bit---though it's tricky, because they don't stay three years old for long.

nerdygirl wrote:
A 17yr old is not going into the bathroom with his or her mother or father (necessarily.)

Not necessarily, but some do.

nerdygirl wrote:
AND, what about the mortification of the parent???

Their business. May as well get mad at their seventeen-year-old and punish them somehow. Grounding probably won't work, because, if you've reached seventeen years of age and don't know what "that" is, chances are you've always been permanently grounded.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2015, 9:16 am

Men and women simply cannot be trusted to use the same restroom.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2015, 9:19 am

I wouldn't mind having one only for clean men, and letting those who like to make a mess wherever they go do it in their own restroom.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2015, 9:20 am

This thread is starting to smell feminazism.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2015, 9:22 am

Why?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2015, 9:22 am

I'm not sensing feminazism.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2015, 9:24 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

It's also one thing for someone you love to be arguing with you about the toilet seat being left up, a whole other matter when the conversation extends out to strangers.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2015, 9:25 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

It's also one thing for someone you love to be arguing with you about the toilet seat being left up, a whole other matter when the conversation extends out to strangers.

:lol:

Not the toilet seat. It's the urinals.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2015, 9:41 am

I can't even reply to that without striking a social nerve. Man commenting on female urination? The torches and pitchforks are kept on an ergonomic weapons rack for those kinds of freebies.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2015, 10:10 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I can't even reply to that without striking a social nerve. Man commenting on female urination? The torches and pitchforks are kept on an ergonomic weapons rack for those kinds of freebies.

Not the urination, it's the urinal! TBH they remind me of 70's, B sci fi. What might could happen is one restroom with half the toilets belonging to men, the other to women. It's not the men being in there that bother me because I would go into a stall for privacy (I don't want an unknown woman in there, either) and hey - like it or not, we are all the same species! Why do we fear one another?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2015, 10:14 am

Perhaps they'd just need urinal stalls so the guys could stand in private.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2015, 11:20 am

In my little town the public restrooms are one room.If there's a line for the ladies I will use the man's if it's an emergency.No one cares.I've seen men coming out of the ladies when the men's is full,fine with me.If you gotta go,you gotta go.Im not standing in the way.I could see with teenagers it could be a potential problem,boys wanting to ogle the girls and visa versa.Thats just the nature of teenagers.
All bathroom can stink,I think older men may have trouble hitting the inside of the toilet if they have bad vision or shaky hands.Some women don't clean up their mess,leaving used pads out.Small children usually go in the restroom with mom,they can leave a big mess.Some moms or dads don't clean up after their stinky little darlings.When I worked at a cafe I had to clean restrooms after closing,both were gross.Once someone had vomited in the sink.ewwwwwwwww.
I think there should be stalls for privacy if it's a unisex bathroom.I don't want to see a man taking a whiz and pretty sure most wouldn't want me to.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2015, 11:49 am

When empty, those single toilet restrooms are da bomb but whenever there's more than one person who needs to go at a time...that's when they become a nightmare! Sometimes, one person will stay in there twenty minutes or longer!

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2015, 12:05 pm

Maybe there should be toilets for fast and slow users.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2015, 12:19 pm

Spiderpig wrote:
Maybe there should be toilets for fast and slow users.

Express lanes would work wonders.

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2015, 1:02 pm

Should they end sexually segregated prisons? If you think restrooms shouldn't be sexually segregated, what about prisons?