Muslim Student Challenges Jewish Professor and loses

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2015, 8:20 pm

Appaerently the student supported terrorism and the death of Jews but held her tongue knowing she would be guilty.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2015, 11:41 pm

Yes, he is clearly a more skilled debater than the student.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 1:52 am

He is right. The problem is the Israel supported Hamas in the 80s in the hope that it would undermine Fatah. I can't comment on him becuase I don't know him.

The silly thing is before the Arab-Ireali war the deal was pretty good for all parties. The whole area was was divided like a Battenberg cake, with no party controlling the center, with equal access to the sea and the east. The was less a humanitarian issue as a who controls the holly sites.

The area of Arab control occupied a much greater area than that of Lebanon with less people an less diversity. So there was never an issue of not enough land. Also Arab we free to stay in Israel, as they had not been expelled till 1948.

The problem from he Israel state is they are not entirely innocent of undermining their own stability at times, and have been counter productive in their strategy at time, they also test the patience of their allies. Also secularism is under treat big time and there is a rise of extremism in Israel, you can make the same arguments about non-violent extremism promoting violent-extremism.

The whole conflict is even more religified on both sides.

Tbh I wish both sides would get over themselves. The Palestinian side have driven themselves into ground with a philosophy of becuase we are victim we much be sure to live a lifestyle of victims, and we must be seen to be suffered even if it of our own doing. The Isreali side (especially with Netanyahu) try to get legitimacy internationally of what is especially a "God given" argument rather then a more reasonable modern state argument.

Also their Iran strategy is flawed.

neilson_wheels
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 2:14 am

Do you know this happened five years ago?

diminished57
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Aug 2015, 2:21 am

neilson_wheels wrote:

Don't ask anime fans to know what is current. Pokemon died out in 1999.

diminished57
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Aug 2015, 2:22 am

neilson_wheels wrote:

Anime fans have no concept of time. 5, 10, 30 years ago? Who knows?

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 4:20 am

if she had asked a more specific question, she would have avoided the "you didn't read the pamphlet" deflection.

if she were less emotional she could have deflected the counter question.

it appears that the MIT chapter of the MSA had some apparent ties to the brotherhood which does not necessarily implicate the UC branches, nor is the brotherhood hamas.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 3:42 pm

As for her supporting hamas, i figure she has a right to take that side. The israelis have killed 5x as many palestinians as palestinians have killed israelis.

Both sides have blood on their hands but one side is bloodier.

I wash my hands of both of them. A pox on both their houses.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 5:04 pm

blauSamstag wrote:
As for her supporting hamas, i figure she has a right to take that side. The israelis have killed 5x as many palestinians as palestinians have killed israelis.

The problem with that statistic it is not for want of trying, and even if you support Palestinians doesn't mean you should support Hamas.

Hamas when they were elected they rounded up the Fatah opponent took to the high building and pushed them off. They regularly kill political opponents, people the suspect as being spies, and launch rocket of civilian buildings and use human shields.

Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 6:25 pm

Yes, Hamas are cowards, and we should condemn them. They claim to be pro-Palestine and anti-Israel, but they've killed just as many Palestinians as Israelis. Hamas aren't pro-Palestine, just pro-Hamas.

BUT...

Asking her to condemn Hamas was sliding. The professor avoided a question, changed the subject, and asked a very loaded (and irrelevant) question. He exhibited the behavior of someone who has just been caught in a lie, and is now trying to deflect the accusation back onto his accuser.

And this is what Muslims deal with in America, every single day. No Christian ever gets asked to condemn the Ku Klux Klan, and no Jew ever gets asked to condemn the actions of Mossad, but Muslims are constantly being asked if we condemn the actions of groups like Hamas, ISIL, and Al-CIAda. Being a Muslim in America means people will assume you're a terrorist sympathizer unless you explicitly state otherwise.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 7:37 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:

The problem with that statistic it is not for want of trying, and even if you support Palestinians doesn't mean you should support Hamas.

Hamas when they were elected they rounded up the Fatah opponent took to the high building and pushed them off. They regularly kill political opponents, people the suspect as being spies, and launch rocket of civilian buildings and use human shields.

I'm against anyone who is for war.

But like i said, some have more blood on their hands. Even if hamas kills twice as many palestinians as they kill israelis, the israelis are way ahead.

And until the israelis abandon the disputed territories, they should not be surprised by more bloodshed.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 7:58 pm

Barchan wrote:
Yes, Hamas are cowards, and we should condemn them. They claim to be pro-Palestine and anti-Israel, but they've killed just as many Palestinians as Israelis. Hamas aren't pro-Palestine, just pro-Hamas.

BUT...

Asking her to condemn Hamas was sliding. The professor avoided a question, changed the subject, and asked a very loaded (and irrelevant) question. He exhibited the behavior of someone who has just been caught in a lie, and is now trying to deflect the accusation back onto his accuser.

And this is what Muslims deal with in America, every single day. No Christian ever gets asked to condemn the Ku Klux Klan, and no Jew ever gets asked to condemn the actions of Mossad, but Muslims are constantly being asked if we condemn the actions of groups like Hamas, ISIL, and Al-CIAda. Being a Muslim in America means people will assume you're a terrorist sympathizer unless you explicitly state otherwise.
If I was still Christian I would condemn the Ku Klux Klan, hell I am an athiest and still condemn the Ku Klux Klan they are scum!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2015, 4:15 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
If I was still Christian I would condemn the Ku Klux Klan, hell I am an athiest and still condemn the Ku Klux Klan they are scum!

Yes, but that's not really the point. My point is, condemning terrorists shouldn't be a prerequisite for being considered a good American citizen. Peaceful Muslims shouldn't have to take a side in a fight Israel started.

Jumanah Al-Bahri obviously hasn't been a Muslim for very long, so I don't even expect her to understand the nuances at play here. Horowitz is a professional bully. He smelled her weakness and naivete, and pounced on her like a hungry wolf.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2015, 4:28 pm

Once more, we see that what matters is who you are, not the merits of your ideas.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2015, 4:55 pm

blauSamstag wrote:
0_equals_true wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:

I'm against anyone who is for war.

But like i said, some have more blood on their hands. Even if hamas kills twice as many palestinians as they kill israelis, the israelis are way ahead.

And until the israelis abandon the disputed territories, they should not be surprised by more bloodshed.

That region is only a small part of the problem in the middle east.

In that sense arabs sects are way ahead in term of killing arabs in recent history and it has been going on for 12 more centuries. Sure it is not all like that by it has been a major issue. The sectarianism, amounts themselves has in my opinion shaped their views in Israel/Palestine by extension.

Casualties have gone up as since Hamas came to power. Israel shares the blame of why that came to be. I totally agree about the settlements, however I also you have to acknowledge the practical reality is thing were actually safer in Gaza and the nearby regions when there was settlement there. Now we are get more of the smaller/improtu more extreme settlement which are obviously not good.

I refer back to my original point which is 1947 The Palestinian has a very good deal. This idea is it about space, is nonsense on both side. This is about which religion can control the holy cities. It was never about land in general or numbers. This is a sectarian conflict.

Isreals argument that they have to target where the rockets are coming from, which explains why there are civilian casualties and this makes some sense, given Hamas tacticts. However Israel is part to blame for why Gaza, has ended up the way it has with Hamas.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2015, 10:05 pm

Barchan wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:

Yes, but that's not really the point. My point is, condemning terrorists shouldn't be a prerequisite for being considered a good American citizen. Peaceful Muslims shouldn't have to take a side in a fight Israel started.

Jumanah Al-Bahri obviously hasn't been a Muslim for very long, so I don't even expect her to understand the nuances at play here. Horowitz is a professional bully. He smelled her weakness and naivete, and pounced on her like a hungry wolf.
To be honest condemning any group that makes your religion look bad is common sense! If you do not then to their eyes you support those kinds of people. That is how things work here, it is not taking a nations side it is seeing what is right and what is wrong and growing the balls to speak out against radical nutjobs who represent your religion and ruining its reputation! As you stay silent and in fear the rest of the world will lump you with them and consider you no different than them.