Page 3 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2015, 12:04 am

No, she doesn't play video games. She just did a dull analysis of female tropes in video games.

kamiyu910
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2015, 12:31 am

blauSamstag wrote:
No, she doesn't play video games. She just did a dull analysis of female tropes in video games.

I dunno, as a female gamer, I never felt threatened or misrepresented or anything... In Ultima 6 (1990) I could play as a female if I wanted, the Unreal games had female character mods, when MMORPGs came out they all had females (albeit I'm not a fan of the useless armor, some of the games do that for the guys as well). And these were back in the 90's. Now, we have our pick of games. If we the consumer don't like something, we don't buy it. Supply and demand. If enough people don't buy something, the developers have to think of something else.

Don't like gangster shoot 'em ups like Grand Theft Auto? Play Dragon Age! Play Tomb Raider! If a woman wants to dress like that, it's not sexist, you know? Not everything is sexist. Women are allowed to have their own choices in life, otherwise it's just oppression from the people who are supposed to be fighting to stop oppression.

And there is a problem with ethics in journalism and the gaming industry. I read a game review a while back that was just horrible! This guy was paid to go eat fancy food at the top of a fancy hotel and all he did was complain about how much he doesn't like the game. If I'm going to read a review, I want the stats, I want to know what it's like. I don't want someone to give it raving reviews with no substance or to say they didn't like it. I want the basics, and have the author's personal opinion as a side note, not the purpose of a post.

I just want to play good games made by *someone* and have unbiased reviews of them... or if they are biased, I'd like both sides so I can piece the middle together.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2015, 11:01 pm

The woman in this vid speaks truth and says just about everything I would say but since she is a woman she will be listened to more! She sees the sexism 3rd wavers do against men, she is a humanist just like me and bioth genders should be looked out for for true equality!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2015, 11:09 pm

Anti male women are stupid as hell and this woman explains it all! We both need each other that is all!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2015, 9:26 am

Feminism continues to be a necessity in our political dialogue.

If one needed an argument to prove this, one need only read this thread. So long as people attempt to refute privilege with ab personam arguments, the need for the argument continues.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2015, 2:13 pm

blauSamstag wrote:
Sarkisian is misunderstood.

She's just a pedantic person engaging in boring literary-style criticism.

That happens to enrage people and make her famous, which she seems to have figured out how to earn a living off of.
Naw shes just stupid.

kamiyu910
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2015, 3:03 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:

That happens to enrage people and make her famous, which she seems to have figured out how to earn a living off of.
Naw shes just stupid.

And just being used.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2015, 9:38 pm

kamiyu910 wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:

Naw shes just stupid.

And just being used.
She is a total tool and does not know wtf she is talking about! 99% girl gamers think she is an idiot and dont agree with her BS!

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2015, 1:02 am

Instant fail, I am sorry but if you are being bossy and not my boss whether you are male or female I will not listen to you! You are being bossy and not someones boss so your being a bully! I had a lead try to boss me around but I do not work in his station and I told him off and told him that i am beyond his jurisdiction, he got pissed and made threats to me that he would tell the manager and I said strait up to learn his place, he is not my boss and I refuse to take orders and I used to be a boss at another job and the manager even told him when he tried he has no jurisdiction over me and I report to my boss at my station! He then learned his place and does not boss me around anymore.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2015, 6:56 am

So feminism has been destroyed? Then I guess women are back to their status as property and have returned to the kitchen, never to go out on their own again, have any control over their lives, get any serious education, start businesses of their own or contest anything their fathers and husbands say, right?

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2015, 9:26 am

Spiderpig wrote:
So feminism has been destroyed? Then I guess women are back to their status as property and have returned to the kitchen, never to go out on their own again, have any control over their lives, get any serious education, start businesses of their own or contest anything their fathers and husbands say, right?

You're crediting feminism with things it had nothing to do with. Women have been voting in the US since the 1700's (some women, voting was tied to property owners, which women could be.). Women only colleges have existed since the 1850's. Women have worked and owned their own business since the middle ages.