Page 2 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2015, 10:04 am

I will always view Jews as having the right to exist like everyone else and if you disagree with that I find it problematic. Why would you deny them the right to exist?

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2015, 12:39 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
I will always view Jews as having the right to exist like everyone else and if you disagree with that I find it problematic. Why would you deny them the right to exist?

Because there are apparently people who are rabidly pro-underdog. They can always be counted on to knock North Americans, Western Europeans, and Israelis simply because we have better governance and a tradition of treating people fairly. Also, I have noticed a disturbing trend amongst these pro-Palestinian types. They are more anti-Jew than pro-Arab. And, just because someone wrote a paper doesn't make that paper any more accurate then Wikipedia. It's all opinion!

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2015, 1:02 pm

glebel wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

Because there are apparently people who are rabidly pro-underdog. They can always be counted on to knock North Americans, Western Europeans, and Israelis simply because we have better governance and a tradition of treating people fairly. Also, I have noticed a disturbing trend amongst these pro-Palestinian types. They are more anti-Jew than pro-Arab. And, just because someone wrote a paper doesn't make that paper any more accurate then Wikipedia. It's all opinion!

They are using the Palestinians as a vessel to express their own dislike of Jews. Most likely they would be the first to criticize a girl who chooses to wear a hijab to school in their own neighborhood. She isn't blending into their country and should go where she feels more at home, they would say.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2015, 4:38 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Uh, I think I might be 40 millionth cousin 4th removed from Ghengis Khan while Arafat's mother was Hamida Khalifa al-Husseini. The Mufti's name was Haj Amin Al Husseini and Arafat was Muhammed Abdel-Raouf Arafat As Qudwa al-Husseini.

That's not a very good principle: guilt by association. You father could be a serial killer. Are you?

I'm not saying Arafat was all good, but it is relative, and thing are even worse now he is dead. Th Israelis actually supported Hamas in the 80s, because they though it would weaken the PLO. Bad move.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2015, 10:52 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

They have a right to exist, but why do they have to steal land?

Why can't their homeland be the upper west side of NYC?

Galbwas
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Sep 2015, 11:16 pm

glebel wrote:
And, just because someone wrote a paper doesn't make that paper any more accurate then Wikipedia. It's all opinion!

Do you understand what a work cited is? My paper has one. Wikipedia does not.

As for people being anti Jewish.....I am not anti Jew. I dislike what the ISRALIS are doing. NOT Jews. If you have lived there and seen the brutality, even your opinion will change. It is not a pretty situation down there, but the PLO are not Nazis. They are terrorists though. But unlike others they fight to have their homeland restored.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2015, 2:11 am

A Palestinian state would be governed by Jew-hating terrorists in accordance with the barbarism of Sharia law. A snippet from an interesting Wikipedia article on the Islamization of the Gaza Strip:

The influence of Islamic groups in the Gaza Strip has grown since the 1980s. The efforts to impose Islamic law and traditions continued when Hamas forcefully seized control of the area in June 2007 after being elected into power by the Palestinian people and displaced security forces loyal to the secular President Mahmoud Abbas. After the civil war ended, Hamas declared the "end of secularism and heresy in the Gaza Strip." For the first time since the Sudanese coup of 1989 that brought Omar al-Bashir to power, a Muslim Brotherhood group ruled a significant geographic territory. Gaza human rights groups accuse Hamas of restricting many freedoms in the course of these attempts. Ismael Haniyeh officially denied accusations that Hamas intended to establish an Islamic emirate. However, Jonathan Schanzer writes that in the two years since the 2007 coup, the Gaza Strip has exhibited the characteristics of Talibanization, a process whereby the Hamas government has imposed strict rules on women, discouraged activities commonly associated with Western or Christian culture, oppressed non-Muslim minorities, imposed sharia law, and deployed religious police to enforce these laws. According to a Human Rights Watch researcher, the Hamas-controlled government of Gaza stepped up its efforts to "Islamize" Gaza in 2010, efforts that included the "repression" of civil society and "severe violations of personal freedom." Israeli journalist, Khaled Abu Toameh, wrote in 2009 that "Hamas is gradually turning the Gaza Strip into a Taliban-style Islamic entity".

Galbwas
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Sep 2015, 8:42 am

Well, considering the fact that a majority of Palestinians are Muslim, that makes sense. ( A lot of them are also Christian) I fail to see your point about Sharia law. Because based on your context it does not mean what you think it means.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2015, 9:42 am

0_equals_true wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Uh, I think I might be 40 millionth cousin 4th removed from Ghengis Khan while Arafat's mother was Hamida Khalifa al-Husseini. The Mufti's name was Haj Amin Al Husseini and Arafat was Muhammed Abdel-Raouf Arafat As Qudwa al-Husseini.

That's not a very good principle: guilt by association. You father could be a serial killer. Are you?

I'm not saying Arafat was all good, but it is relative, and thing are even worse now he is dead. Th Israelis actually supported Hamas in the 80s, because they though it would weaken the PLO. Bad move.

Okay suppose for a moment my father is a serial killer and I looked up to him and idolized him, hoping to be just like him. Wouldn't you be worried?

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2015, 10:36 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
0_equals_true wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

Okay suppose for a moment my father is a serial killer and I looked up to him and idolized him, hoping to be just like him. Wouldn't you be worried?

It's a stretch to say that the grand mufti of jerusalem was a serial killer.

How would you feel if the foreign government that was occupying your country decided to take a bunch of land and move a bunch of foreigners into it?

We have this attitude today that anyone we disagree with who takes up arms against someone we agree with is a terrorist.

People have every right to defend their nation

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2015, 10:54 am

blauSamstag wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
0_equals_true wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

How would you feel if the foreign government that was occupying your country decided to take a bunch of land and move a bunch of foreigners into it?

We have this attitude today that anyone we disagree with who takes up arms against someone we agree with is a terrorist.

Oh you mean like how yours and mine ancestors moved into the land belonging to the Indians and carrying on like they weren't even here and then moving them to Indian Territory which was much smaller than where they lived before the foreigners invaded?

But, all that's in the past. Not much anyone can do about it now. What must happen is dealing with today, not yesterday and I do not deny the Jews right to existence which, all the evidence points to, was threatened in Europe. So, they have their own country in a place where Jews lived and had their towns and cities. I have no problem with it. It certainly isn't any worse than what the US government did to native americans. Do you want to give up your home so an Indian can live in it because, technically, they have the right according to your logic.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2015, 12:57 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
0_equals_true wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

Oh you mean like how yours and mine ancestors moved into the land belonging to the Indians and carrying on like they weren't even here and then moving them to Indian Territory which was much smaller than where they lived before the foreigners invaded?

But, all that's in the past. Not much anyone can do about it now. What must happen is dealing with today, not yesterday and I do not deny the Jews right to existence which, all the evidence points to, was threatened in Europe. So, they have their own country in a place where Jews lived and had their towns and cities. I have no problem with it. It certainly isn't any worse than what the US government did to native americans. Do you want to give up your home so an Indian can live in it because, technically, they have the right according to your logic.

Holy dogshit!
For once I find myself agreeing with YOU!! !!
Will miracles ever cease?

Last edited by Raptor on 13 Sep 2015, 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2015, 1:00 pm

There's an issue of time scale as well.

Native americans had every right to take up arms against european settlers who stole their land.

If i were to try and annex my ancestral home somewhere in the north sea region of europe, I expect the current owners would object. that's been like 150 years now.

If israelis continue to build settlements in the west bank, they should not be surprised by bloodshed.

Galbwas
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Sep 2015, 1:21 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
What must happen is dealing with today, not yesterday and I do not deny the Jews right to existence which, all the evidence points to, was threatened in Europe. So, they have their own country in a place where Jews lived and had their towns and cities. I have no problem with it.

Yea, but the Jews left their homeland and only wanted a place to live after the holocaust. I don't blame them for that.
And there IS a difference between Jews and Israelis. According to Merriam-Webster A Jew is : someone whose religion is Judaism, who is descended from Jewish people, or who participates in the culture surrounding Judaism

And a Israeli: : of or relating to the people or the republic of Israel

There is a difference, and people on this thread do not seem to know that little IMPORTANT fact.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
So, they have their own country in a place where Jews lived and had their towns and cities. I have no problem with it.

But, in order to do that the Israelis killed off the Palestinians LIVING there, they took their homes, their property, and their dignity. Then they did not stop there. They built walls around the Palestinians, making them prisoners in their OWN LAND. They take them, beat them and shoot them. If this happens anywhere else, people will riot and demand justice.

I lived in Palestine (as mentioned before) and one of the many horrible memories I have is this-
In order for people to get into Jerusalem from Bethlehem, you had to take a bus into Israel. Me and my family were on it, and we stopped at a checkpoint manned my Israeli soldiers. The captain came on and started looking at everyone's passports. After he did this to the entire bus he took 5 Palestinians off and went to "interrogate" them. After an hour of Interrogation the 5 Palestinians came back.... 3 were bloodied and beaten, one could barely walk. but they got on the bus anyways and we continued on to Jerusalem.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2015, 1:22 pm

The real question is whether terrorist run states based on Sharia law have a right to exist.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2015, 2:01 pm

A wise man once said, "Don't start nut'n, ain' gon' be nut'n."