the shyster behind the starbucks red cup controversy

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

the starbucks red cup brouhaha
this man is emblematic of all that is wrong with U.S. politics and U.S. religiosity :x 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
this man is merely a typical U.S. capitalist :shrug: 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
this man is merely an outlier :| 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
meh! :shrug: 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
I wanna nice yummy icecream! :chef: 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 6

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2015, 6:32 pm

(clicky)simply red- the con man behind the right wing's Starbucks red cup freak out
this BAD man should be in the encyclopedia or dictionary under the definition of the word "cynicism." I would not wanna be this guy when he meets his maker. I struggled to grok what could be so offensive about red cups. now I know it was just manufactured outrage and/or yet another example of h. l. Mencken's truthy statement, "nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2015, 7:17 pm

I hope he's happy when he finds out what it REALLY means to take the Name of God in vain.

Petty culture warriors piss me off. This dink is right up there with Pagans who get offended over hearing Merry Christmas.

As long as Starbucks doesn't pitch a fit if a Christian, a Pagan, and a Jew run into each other and wish each other a Merry Christmas, a Blessed Solstice, and a Happy Hannukah (perhaps with a bit of irony on that last considering the inflation of the Festival of Lights to 'compete' with the Festival of Stuff), there is no war on anything.

Is there a war on Christmas, and on Christianity? Yes, I think there is. Seems like everyone in this country wants to wage culture war for the primacy of their personal understanding of the truth. This guy's just another lower-key (for now) version of an IS fighter, whining that he feels discriminated against because his way didn't get top billing.

Poor Baby.

At best. At worst, he's a thief as well as misusing the Name of God.

Two down (that we know of), eight to go...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2015, 7:33 pm

IMHO he's a blood-sucking tick on the @$$ of America. :x

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2015, 9:53 pm

"Meh"

A non-issue.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.