Page 4 of 9 [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2015, 9:16 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Hyperborean wrote:
I'm not sure the Nazi Party would accept him.

He'd probably ridicule Joseph Goebbels' club foot.

If he was a German back then he would say We got to ban Austrian immigrants from entering Germany

Then he would be banning Hitler and over half of the SS.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 2:00 am

Callista wrote:
Yes, it's not as bad as pre-WWII Germany, thankfully. And Americans as a people are more individualistic and less authoritarian than Germans were back then.

Actually Germans are/were an equally individualistic culture. Germany at the turn of the 20th century was the most enlightened and advanced nation on earth. In both economic development and intellectual/cultural renaissance it was highly developed. It was an economic powerhouse which was remarkable given it did not have a colonial empire like the rest of Europe. within 15 years from the end of world war I the Germans would descend into becoming something akin to brute savages eventually exacting mass murder on a scale never witnessed before in history....

The moral of the story isn't that Germans are inherently evil (50% of white Americans have at least one German ancestor) but that the concept of an enlightened civilised society is not a vaccine against social disintegration and a return to Darwin's "survival of the fittest".

Last edited by cyberdad on 30 Nov 2015, 5:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 5:04 am

cyberdad wrote:
Callista wrote:
Yes, it's not as bad as pre-WWII Germany, thankfully. And Americans as a people are more individualistic and less authoritarian than Germans were back then.

Actually Germans are/were an equally individualistic culture. German at the turn of the 20th century was the most enlightened and advanced nation on earth. In both economic development and intellectual/cultural renaissance it was highly developed. It was an economic powerhouse which was remarkable given it did not have a colonial empire like the rest of Europe. within 15 years from the end of world war I the Germans would descend into becoming something akin to brute savages eventually exacting mass murder on a scale never witnesses before in history....

The moral of the story isn't that Germans are inherently evil (50% of white Americans have at least one German ancestor) but that the concept of an enlightened civilised society is not a vaccine against social disintegration and a return to Darwin's "survival of the fittest".

I certainly hope Germans aren't inherently evil, because my family is mostly German on both sides. :pale:
As for Germany prior to the First World War, despite German/Prussian militaristic image of allied propaganda, the Germans were often known as the artsy bohemians of Europe prior to 1914.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 5:17 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Callista wrote:

Actually Germans are/were an equally individualistic culture. German at the turn of the 20th century was the most enlightened and advanced nation on earth. In both economic development and intellectual/cultural renaissance it was highly developed. It was an economic powerhouse which was remarkable given it did not have a colonial empire like the rest of Europe. within 15 years from the end of world war I the Germans would descend into becoming something akin to brute savages eventually exacting mass murder on a scale never witnesses before in history....

I certainly hope Germans aren't inherently evil, because my family is mostly German on both sides. :pale:
As for Germany prior to the First World War, despite German/Prussian militaristic image of allied propaganda, the Germans were often known as the artsy bohemians of Europe prior to 1914.

No that's my point, they aren't any worse than Rwandan Hutus or Mongols or Turks, Huns, Japanese or Chinese or Russians when it comes to mass murder. Although I have to admit they were rather more efficient..makes sense since they make damn good cars!

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 12:59 pm

How is this guy even still a candidate anyone would consider?

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 1:20 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

After living in Germany for many years and marrying one of them I can assure you they no more or less evil than any other nation. And it is indeed a rather individualistic and introverted culture.

The reasons for the second World War are far more complex then "Germans are/were evil" and there's plenty of responsibility to go around for many of us Europeans.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

30 Nov 2015, 7:53 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
How is this guy even still a candidate anyone would consider?

take a look at the other GOP candidates and you'll understand why

They're not smart enough to vote for Rand Paul but they're smart enough not to buy the GOP establishments garbage anymore, unfortunately this leaves people vulnerable to being led astray usually by the media or in this case Trump who is forcing the issue. TPTB certainly wanted that Jeb Bush/Hillary Clinton match up they've been pining for the last 15 years, they can't believe that they can't corral the voters behind Bush or at least some other reasonable GOP candidate with the insanity of this campaign. They're still in denial, repeating to themselves that this anger is just going to go away and that business will resume as normal but I don't see that happening.

I think ultimately Ted Cruz might emerge as the nominee, he's played everything perfectly and character like Trump takes the heat off of him with the media and establishment of the party. They might be forced between rallying behind Cruz(who they hate) to stop Trump(who is despised and thought of as unelectable in their circles), Cruz is considered a very very smart guy and a powerful speaker by even those that oppose him. I don't trust Cruz, he'll hit on some good talking points sometimes but then go off and pander to Evangelicals and warmongers plus his wife is a Goldman Sachs executive.

Who else could it be? Carson is DOA and disliked by the establishment, Jeb is dud, nobody likes Kasich or his hysterics, Rubio is like their one guy right now and he's a total airhead too who is a hardcore neoconservative and weak on immigration. They're talking about drafting Romney to run again, it's kind of pathetic. The party elites and the party base hate each other, Trump supporters are the 2015 version of the "peasants with pitchforks" that the GOP thought they slayed with Pat Buchanan and Ross Perot. 9/11 changed politics in this country for a long time but I think that wave is starting to roll back and we're finding ourselves right back where we left off.

Hillary isn't any better person than Trump, I think she is probably a lot worse privately and believe me I don't think she has a very high opinion on the rest of humanity which can be attested to by numerous figures that have been around her over the years. I believe her and her husband are criminals who should be in prison, the Bush administration wasn't any better either. Don't make people make that choice and nominate Bernie instead of course.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 9:35 pm

Poor Jeb! never had to work for anything in his life. He always just "deserved" it.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 2:04 pm

Fnord wrote:
Hyperborean wrote:

He wants to prevent a specific ethnic group from entering this country.
He wants to outlaw a specific religious group.
He wants to round up those that are here and place the in internment camps.
He considers disabled people to be sources of amusement.
He considers women to be wives or prostitutes, only.

He may as well have the word "Fascist" tattooed across his forehead.

Well you've certainly lost the ability to critically think. None of those statements are true.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 5:19 pm

Bataar wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Hyperborean wrote:

He wants to prevent a specific ethnic group from entering this country.
He wants to outlaw a specific religious group.
He wants to round up those that are here and place the in internment camps.
He considers disabled people to be sources of amusement.
He considers women to be wives or prostitutes, only.

Well you've certainly lost the ability to critically think. None of those statements are true.

Now who is deluded, Bataar? Doesn't it make sense to investigate before making broad statements about them all?

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2015, 3:15 am

Fnord wrote:

Or 'Autocrat.' If he wins it he isn't going to share.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2015, 6:21 am

Trump has a standing fight with the New York Times. He tells how they are losers, they were bought for $5 billion, and are now worth $300 million. They sold their old building for $70 million, home of The Times for a hundred years, some friends of his bought it, flipped it a few months later for $525 million, they are losers.

This was about denying that people cheered the fall of the twin towers, which has now been confirmed.

So they sent in the gimp to deflect the truth.

This is not the Miss Hospitality Contest, our machine of state is broken, we need a mechanic, who needs a mouth to get through Congress.

They threw in the woman with hands on hips for abortion rights, the black disrupter for Black Lives Matter, offered $5,000 to call him a racist on Saturday Night Live, then they sent in the gimp.

Those other people running have problems, besides being criminals, the Clinton's have left a string of unexplained bodies through their career. A lot of people very close to them wound up dead. Hillary reacted with glee when informed that Gadhafi had been stabbed to death and Sodomized. One more notch on her belt.

Bernie is running on giving everyone everything for free. Black Lives Matter took his stage and mike. They most likely got his wallet. As President, the national debt would exceed national wealth. Africans claiming to be Syrians would take over the White House.

As for the Republicans, Jesus! Spare me from those who claim to follow you!

As Trump said, a good general does not announce his battle plan. At this point, the rest would say, me too. Studies before focus groups have shown, that which can be stolen will be. They are running for President, but they do not have a platform? Vote for me, Jesus Saves.

Vote for Trump next year, or you will vote for Hitler in five years. We had a good run, but are hitting bottom, in five years the bread will be half sawdust, you will buy it in the morning because it will cost more in the afternoon.

We make America great again, or we join all the failed States before us.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2015, 7:07 am

Quote:
Trump Mocks Disabled Reporter

maybe he was just exaggeratedly gesticulative on that occasion.
excitement (possibly drug induced) can cause extemporaneous aberrations of effect.

but nevertheless, off to the gallows with him

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2015, 6:35 pm

Inventor wrote:
Trump has a standing fight with the New York Times. He tells how they are losers, they were bought for $5 billion, and are now worth $300 million. They sold their old building for $70 million, home of The Times for a hundred years, some friends of his bought it, flipped it a few months later for $525 million, they are losers.

This was about denying that people cheered the fall of the twin towers, which has now been confirmed.

This is not the Miss Hospitality Contest, our machine of state is broken, we need a mechanic, who needs a mouth to get through Congress.

They threw in the woman with hands on hips for abortion rights, the black disrupter for Black Lives Matter, offered $5,000 to call him a racist on Saturday Night Live, then they sent in the gimp.

Those other people running have problems, besides being criminals, the Clinton's have left a string of unexplained bodies through their career. A lot of people very close to them wound up dead. Hillary reacted with glee when informed that Gadhafi had been stabbed to death and Sodomized. One more notch on her belt.

Bernie is running on giving everyone everything for free. Black Lives Matter took his stage and mike. They most likely got his wallet. As President, the national debt would exceed national wealth. Africans claiming to be Syrians would take over the White House.

As for the Republicans, Jesus! Spare me from those who claim to follow you!

As Trump said, a good general does not announce his battle plan. At this point, the rest would say, me too. Studies before focus groups have shown, that which can be stolen will be. They are running for President, but they do not have a platform? Vote for me, Jesus Saves.

Vote for Trump next year, or you will vote for Hitler in five years. We had a good run, but are hitting bottom, in five years the bread will be half sawdust, you will buy it in the morning because it will cost more in the afternoon.

We make America great again, or we join all the failed States before us.

Oh yes, Trump is beset by such horrible conspiracies! Poor Trump!
And Gimp? Really?

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2015, 10:14 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Inventor wrote:

Oh yes, Trump is beset by such horrible conspiracies! Poor Trump!
And Gimp? Really?

I'm always amazed and saddened when I see ableism and name calling of others with disabilities here on WP.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2015, 11:52 pm

The blind leading the lame to speak to the ret*d is American Politics.

Disability is not a shield that will cover lies.

The Times ran a story that Trump lied about people celebrating 9/11. They said it never happened.

Turns out they published a story about it at the time, so did the Washington Post, Mayor Giuliani said it on TV, and others.

The Times gave the story to this reporter, who claimed he knew Trump, also a lie.

They were just picking a fight, so they exploited a disabled front man.

The disabled guy in the rainbow shirt with the My Little Pony briefcase, standing with his most recent companion dressed in a full Furry suit, is exploiting the disabled.

The Times lied, got caught, and tried to change the subject.

Worse, they knew it was a lie, and gave the "Trump Lied!" story to this guy.

The writer knew it was a lie, and also claimed he had known Trump since the 1980s. Trump says he did not.

Being a liar and publishing false stories is not covered by the Americans With Disabilities Act.

Using a disability to cover lies and false political stories is an offense to all people with a disability.

We have had three stories about Autism as a Murder defense.

The response here has been, Bull! Guilty, Hang Them.

In general we support Autism, but there are limits, common sense, and reality.

This guy put his Disabled Parking Sticker on a pack of political lies.

Trump Lied, I was around, I saw people celebrating on TV, in America, and worldwide. Stories made the national papers, it was not hidden knowledge. The Writer lied.

As for his claim of knowing Trump since the 1980s, Trump says no, and asked around, no one knew this guy.

Trump said, everybody knows me, so he publishes a bunch of lies, so people will hear his name.

Publishing lies and slander reflects badly on all people with a disability.

Ableism is required when publishing in a national paper. Ableism is required in Scientific papers.

The disabled are not excused from the truth.