Page 4 of 21 [ 331 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2015, 1:06 pm

GGPViper wrote:
ZenDen wrote:
GGPViper wrote:
ZenDen wrote:
One thing that would make me care more for Muslims would be if I ever heard of a Muslim PREVENTING terrorism by revealing another Muslim's terrorist plans.

If anyone has evidence of this ever happening please post here.

The result of a few minutes on Google...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osama_Eldawoody
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mubin_Shaikh

quod erat demonstrandum.

There are likely many more - probably hundreds more worldwide - that we just haven't heard about because (1) they made anonymous notifications to law enforcement and (2) because law enforcement agencies often do not advertise successful preventions of terrorist attacks because they want to protect sensitive intelligence.

With all due respect I point out the exceptional people you use for your examples as being "off target." I was hoping someone would be able to post something that would make me think the "ordinary" Muslim would be interested in destroying this perfidiousness that is so against their religious teachings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_th ... al_fallacy

:oops: You are certainly correct. I said "a Muslim" which, in anyone's dictionary, translates to "any" Muslim, and I apologize.

But so there are no misunderstandings: I did NOT mean: Paid experts, authors working on material for a book, etc., just upright engaged Muslims who are upset and outraged over terrorist killings.....there must be thousands of them who would be happy for the opportunity to nip these killings in the bud and speak their mind...but maybe there aren't.

It begins to appear that average Muslims respect and defend their, and other believer's, right to interpret the Quran in bloody methods. And they respect this right more than the rights of the people killed. Is this because to them we're only infidels?

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2015, 1:18 pm

There's been some speculation that Trump is intentionally trying to sabotage his own campaign because he never really intended on going the distance, and doesn't want to drop out while he's polling so well. Little did he know there are so many idiots in this country. I think he could probably drop kick a puppy down a flight of stairs and rise in the polls. Scary!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2015, 1:26 pm

^^^ Yeah, he was actually pretty chummy with the Clintons at one time too.

Having a dummy candidate run to throw off elections is actually a dirty trick pioneered by Lee Atwater...

Maybe Trump is actually helping Hilary? :twisted:

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2015, 1:27 pm

PhoenixFalcon wrote:
pezar wrote:
I no longer wonder how the people of Germany so willingly acquiesced to Hitler. They had been through a war and two bouts of hyperinflation that destroyed their economy and left most of them living on the edge of starvation, taking trains to the countryside and stealing crops from farmers to eat. Many remembered a time when Germany was a rich industrial power, and cities like Berlin were filled with ornate buildings built during better times. Hitler promised to resurrect Germany's economy and make it a great power once again.

In comparison, most Americans have enough to eat or almost enough, certainly people aren't driving to farms and stealing crops at gunpoint. We had a bad financial crash, and inflation, but nowhere near the collapse of the monarchy and the billion percent inflation in Germany. America is a declining power, yes, but we still have some power, we haven't had Russia and China kicking Americans out of their military bases. Germany's colonies were given to Belgium after WW1, an equivalent would be China forcing us to hand over our Pacific bases to them.

Yet we still have people cheering for Trump, who is like Hitler with a few billion dollars in the bank. Even worse, the SAME people who worried about Obama junking the Constitution support Trump doing such things as revoking the birthright citizenship of people born to immigrants and kicking Muslims out of the country, and doing it via executive order. 8O 8O These people would have the firepower necessary to resist a Hitlerian power grab, yet they seem to support it as long as it's "our guy" doing it. :?: :?:

So, maybe it's time to retreat to the woods and try to survive WW3, not that I'm sure that an all out nuclear war would be survivable anyway.

"Those who can't remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
-George Santayana

That's a great quote. One advantage/disadvantage of growing old is you remember past history differently than if you're just reading someone's biased view in a book or article.

For example, when I hear of the border crossings inspections and restrictions (between Israel and Palestine) it upsets me the impoverished Palestinians have to be so "put upon", but then I think back to less restrictive days when Palestinian killers used their relatively unrestricted passage into Israel to transport bomb making materials....to kill Israeli families and friends enjoying a cup in a local coffee house.

So do I support the present highly restrictive situation????? But, oddly enough, you can read many stories about how hard inspections and restrictions make life for the average Palestinians but they never seem to mention the reasons that make this necessary.

And Muslims around the world are upset that Trump doesn't trust them and this makes life hard for the average Muslim family in this country, but they NEVER tell you they have religious laws which may be preventing them from stopping the next terrorist killings.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2015, 2:49 pm

The way I see it Trump is like a giant turd. And he really stinks.

But he rightly points out his stink only matches the stink coming out of Washington...all the time.

There's no question he is "out-of-the-loop" and he says he would restrict Muslim travel into the United States until the government "figures out what to do."

All of the questions raised in this forum have been discussed by government agencies for years yet the secrecy within the government means the average tax payer, you and I, are cut out of the loop and must take everything the government says as gospel. I don't like this. Terrible to not trust your own country but when they make public admissions that include the reason we let so many young soldiers die, toward the end, in Vietnam was because of some political saber-rattling, I distrust them more.

So for Trump to mistrust our government and demand answers, I say "right on."

I cherish the "lives" of American citizens over the "rights" of Muslims.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2015, 3:14 pm

ZenDen wrote:
That's a great quote. One advantage/disadvantage of growing old is you remember past history differently than if you're just reading someone's biased view in a book or article.

For example, when I hear of the border crossings inspections and restrictions (between Israel and Palestine) it upsets me the impoverished Palestinians have to be so "put upon", but then I think back to less restrictive days when Palestinian killers used their relatively unrestricted passage into Israel to transport bomb making materials....to kill Israeli families and friends enjoying a cup in a local coffee house.

So do I support the present highly restrictive situation????? But, oddly enough, you can read many stories about how hard inspections and restrictions make life for the average Palestinians but they never seem to mention the reasons that make this necessary.

And Muslims around the world are upset that Trump doesn't trust them and this makes life hard for the average Muslim family in this country, but they NEVER tell you they have religious laws which may be preventing them from stopping the next terrorist killings.

The Palestinians remember history too, like when the Jews took over their lands by force.

luan78zao
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Dec 2015, 3:15 pm

GoonSquad wrote:
^^^ Yeah, he was actually pretty chummy with the Clintons at one time too.

Having a dummy candidate run to throw off elections is actually a dirty trick pioneered by Lee Atwater...

Maybe Trump is actually helping Hilary? :twisted:

I said this back in July or so. Nice to see some people catching up.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission – which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." – Ayn Rand

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2015, 3:19 pm

nurseangela wrote:
You can make fun of Trump all you want, but he's winning in the poles, isn't he? I would vote for him in two seconds. After this last terrorist attack, the US should be closing all borders - at the very least - to all immigrants for the time being.

Oh my, my OCD is flaring up. It just occurred to me that I used the wrong word - I meant "polls" instead of "poles". Oops. I guess I'm just thinking about Santa and the North Pole too much since it's Christmas time. :oops:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2015, 3:24 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
There's been some speculation that Trump is intentionally trying to sabotage his own campaign because he never really intended on going the distance, and doesn't want to drop out while he's polling so well. Little did he know there are so many idiots in this country. I think he could probably drop kick a puppy down a flight of stairs and rise in the polls. Scary!

Dude, you're the Idiot - it's just too bad you're too ignorant to know it.

I don't appreciate the name calling so knock it off.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2015, 3:29 pm

I just want to say that any of you who will be voting for Hillary, then you will be voting for a murderer. She knew exactly what was happening in Benghazi.

Darn, I flunked.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2015, 3:32 pm

nurseangela wrote:
You can make fun of Trump all you want, but he's winning in the poles, isn't he? I would vote for him in two seconds. After this last terrorist attack, the US should be closing all borders - at the very least - to all immigrants for the time being.

Right, because nothing beats terror like self inflicted economic suicide.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2015, 3:33 pm

nurseangela wrote:
I just want to say that any of you who will be voting for Hillary, then you will be voting for a murderer. She knew exactly what was happening in Benghazi.

That's asinine.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2015, 3:38 pm

nurseangela wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

Oh my, my OCD is flaring up. It just occurred to me that I used the wrong word - I meant "polls" instead of "poles". Oops. I guess I'm just thinking about Santa and the North Pole too much since it's Christmas time. :oops:

I hate to break it to you, but unless you're talking to Hoover, you used the wrong word in your signature too.

:P

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2015, 3:41 pm

AspE wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

That's asinine.

Look it up or stay in denial by keeping your head in the clouds. She didn't just "accidentally" lose all that information on her computer - it's the biggest coverup (a 100x's worse) since Watergate. I'm tired of talking to people who won't listen.

Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2015, 3:43 pm

GoonSquad wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

I hate to break it to you, but unless you're talking to Hoover, you used the wrong word in your signature too.

Are you making a funny, or is that all you have to come back with because you're pissed off with what I said?

Darn, I flunked.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2015, 3:49 pm

nurseangela wrote:
GoonSquad wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

Are you making a funny, or is that all you have to come back with because you're pissed off with what I said?

You being wrong does not piss me off. I was just pointing out another one of your mistakes.

:lol: