Did any heretics burned to death actually go to heaven?

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

pgd
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 5:44 am

Did any heretics which were burned to death for opposing the foreign, corrupt Vatican ever go to heaven? In my view, yes. The scholar who translated the Bible into the Engish language, Tyndale, was burned at the stake for being a bad Italian Catholic/for translating the Bible into English but I believe Tyndale is in heaven, sitting perhaps at the left hand of God. Jesus Christ sits at the right hand of God. Secrets of The Dead . Battle for the Bible | PBS
Through the stories of John Wycliffe, William Tyndale and Thomas Cranmer -- the brave reformers who paid the ultimate price to bring the Bible to the people ... www.pbs.org/wnet/secrets/previous_seaso ... index.html - (Google)

thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 4:08 pm

Thousands of heavenbound Christians were burned to death by Rome. In catholic teaching, it is considered heresy to say that salvation is by grace alone (Eph. 2:8-10), the catholic church was and is all about controlling the people, getting them to do their will instead of God's. Christians who professed faith-based salvation--true Christianity were considered heretics and were burned at the stake.

The "Church" of Rome has all kinds of ugly secrets, i was catholic until i turned 17 or so, then i woke up. I follow the teachings of the Bible, not the teachings of a man in a pointy white hat.

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 4:28 pm

The point is, nor you nor I nor anyone knows who gets heaven. We can make more or less educated guesses about some people. So?

Maybe if all goes well you and Tyndale and Thomas More and Pope Clement can discuss it.

Bear in mind anyway that heresy just has to do with dissent and pretty much [I try to avoid talking in absolutes] anyone who has ever put down a heretic is a heretic to someone else.

All we are told is - we are going to be surprised and shocked at who does and does not make the cut.

pgd
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 4:43 pm

thechadmaster wrote:
Thousands of heavenbound Christians were burned to death by Rome. In catholic teaching, it is considered heresy to say that salvation is by grace alone (Eph. 2:8-10), the catholic church was and is all about controlling the people, getting them to do their will instead of God's. Christians who professed faith-based salvation--true Christianity were considered heretics and were burned at the stake.

The "Church" of Rome has all kinds of ugly secrets, i was catholic until i turned 17 or so, then i woke up. I follow the teachings of the Bible, not the teachings of a man in a pointy white hat.

---

Agree with you. The Catholic Church of the Vatican, Italy is fascism/a male only king for life/no questions allowed - convert or die (so to speak). The foreign Catholic Church today (2011) hates women: women priests are evil because they are women (gender discrimination). The fascist Catholic Pope is no role model for human marriage at all. Yes, I believe a large number of heretics burned to death by Rome/the Pope went to heaven and are saints since they believed in God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, and the Bible, not the godless politician, the child crime hiding criminal Pope of the Vatican.

pgd
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 4:46 pm

Philologos wrote:
The point is, nor you nor I nor anyone knows who gets heaven. We can make more or less educated guesses about some people. So?...All we are told is - we are going to be surprised and shocked at who does and does not make the cut.

---
Agree. Who knows for sure who is in heaven since Jesus Christ died. Apparently Jesus Christ and the thief on another cross next to him were the last two persons who made it officially into heaven to join all the saints of Judaism already there such as Father Abraham (Source: the Bible). It's 100% nonsense for the corrupt, fascist Vatican of Italy to make up a hall of fame list of unmarried Italian monks and unmarried Italian nuns and then claim they are all in heaven. Balderdash (my view).

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 5:19 pm

Let me phone God and ask... he says yeah!

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 6:09 pm

lol God only knows..

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 10:58 pm

Oldie time Lutheran that I am, I certainly think so. Plenty of our guys got roasted for their convictions.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2011, 4:36 pm

Moog wrote:

would you mind posting his phone number?

Kraichgauer==Your man Luther gets the credit for throwing down the gauntlet and starting the Protestant Reformation. I wonder if he realized the magnitude of what he was doing? He practically set the world on fire for Christ.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2011, 5:51 pm

thechadmaster wrote:
Moog wrote:

Kraichgauer==Your man Luther gets the credit for throwing down the gauntlet and starting the Protestant Reformation. I wonder if he realized the magnitude of what he was doing? He practically set the world on fire for Christ.

I seriously doubt he could envision the whole scope of what he had accomplished. In fact, Luther had been pretty certain he was going to end up burnt at the stake by the church, or get his head lopped off by the princes.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2011, 11:01 pm

Maybe... Difficult to speculate... St. Joan maybe.... St Charles Lwanga was burned as a heretic... Not by the Church though.

Was not spoken of the soul.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2016, 8:33 am

thechadmaster wrote:
Moog wrote:

Actually, it was another heretic almost 100 years before Luther that sowed the seeds for Luther, Calvin, Arminius, Zwingli, etc. The Moravian Priest Jan Hus was probably the first heretic burned at the stake for defying Rome's edicts. His band of rebels still exist today. They're known as the Moravian Church.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2016, 9:26 am

pgd wrote:
Did any heretics which were burned to death for opposing the foreign, corrupt Vatican ever go to heaven? In my view, yes. The scholar who translated the Bible into the Engish language, Tyndale, was burned at the stake for being a bad Italian Catholic/for translating the Bible into English but I believe Tyndale is in heaven, sitting perhaps at the left hand of God. Jesus Christ sits at the right hand of God. Secrets of The Dead . Battle for the Bible | PBS
Through the stories of John Wycliffe, William Tyndale and Thomas Cranmer -- the brave reformers who paid the ultimate price to bring the Bible to the people ... http://www.pbs.org/wnet/secrets/previou ... index.html - (Google)

No. Because no one goes to heaven because it's not a real thing. Translating the Bible into English was a wonderful thing for promoting atheism.

tern
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Jan 2016, 11:58 am

As an evidence-based believer in ghosts, hence in future existence without having to go anywhere, I agree that heaven is not a real thing, and indeed who would want to have to go there or could feel any joy there if there was a country on Earth that you loved but had spent your life unjustly exiled from? This swung me against the heaven idea as a kid. So I place all these martyrs hangin' around anywhere they choose to be throughout all of infinity, or anywhere they choose to be still here on Earth.

Though strongly not agreeing with atheism's view on where we go, I've gotta share this really clever atheist cartoon. Showing different types of Christian arguing over who goes to heaven, and how there's no revealed right answer to be discovered in religious folks' arguings over each other's falsehood. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0A_iF1B3k0

Basso53
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2016, 4:07 pm

Jeanne d'Arc (Joan of Arc) was canonized by the church after they originally burned her at the stake as either a witch or heretic. There's more to the story, but she was executed under color of the church. It didn't take long for the next pope to order an inquiry, and an eventual exoneration---which didn't do her a lot of good after being ashes for about 25 years.

You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits