Page 6 of 9 [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2016, 7:24 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Sure, the individuals named are all Jewish, but it's obvious that this isn't just some innocent factoid by Nugent, but a deliberate means to convey his hate to a specific audience.

Is he doing the whole, if Jews were armed and fought, there'd be no genocide? That's what a lot of pro-gun people do when they call out Jews that are anti-self-defense/weapons. Which yeah, is bordering on victim blaming, but reality doesn't care about that.

Which is innocent and well meaning if so. I agree with that argument.

If he was just saying, evil anti-gun Jews! With the implication that Jews are evil anti-gun people, then yeah, you've got your bigoted label right.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2016, 7:35 pm

Dillogic wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Sure, the individuals named are all Jewish, but it's obvious that this isn't just some innocent factoid by Nugent, but a deliberate means to convey his hate to a specific audience.

Is he doing the whole, if Jews were armed and fought, there'd be no genocide? That's what a lot of pro-gun people do when they call out Jews that are anti-self-defense/weapons. Which yeah, is bordering on victim blaming, but reality doesn't care about that.

Which is innocent and well meaning if so. I agree with that argument.

If he was just saying, evil anti-gun Jews! With the implication that Jews are evil anti-gun people, then yeah, you've got your bigoted label right.

The proof is in the pudding. Nugent not only failed to include Non-Jews, but specifically identified all his subjects as Jews, with nasty little descriptions with each of their pics, playing up to the Zionist conspiracy theories that Jews are out to disarm then destroy us. In another post, he described Jews being led to the gas chamber as "soulless sheep." That isn't Antisemitic?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2016, 9:24 pm

LKL wrote:
the media are only as liberal as the conservative corporations that own them.

So, you don't see the problem with huge majorities of the two professions that produce and convey information holding the same ideology?

As to money in politics, how's that working out for Jeb?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2016, 9:47 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
The thing is, I don't know of a legitimate Aspie who hasn't been picked on growing up - and who isn't still haunted by the memory - with the single exception of you. So forgive me if I think that maybe you were always on the giving side of bullying, as you are now.

How many Aspies do you know? I've met hundreds through my social group, and many times that number here, and that's far from a universal narrative. Perhaps you should consider the idea that your experience of autism isn't the only possible one, or even the most common.

I was shy and introverted and into nerdy stuff in high school, but I went to an alternative school and was affable, so I never really had a problem with anything I'd call bullying, but to you, that means I couldn't be autistic (as you've made clear in the past), despite the fact that I have a gold plated diagnosis from the man who runs the UW autism program.

This is kinda how you roll, you're quick to empathize with anyone with an 'underdog' type of narrative, but are startlingly unable to muster any empathy when anyone disagrees with or differs from you. Think about what it's like to be a conservative on a board where 3/4 or more of the members think that makes you the scum of the earth, and aren't at all shy about telling you that, and how that might effect your outlook and style. Raptor has been here longer than either of us, take a look at his earlier posts some time, and see how his style changed in relation to how he was treated here, it's instructive.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2016, 10:15 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
The proof is in the pudding. Nugent not only failed to include Non-Jews, but specifically identified all his subjects as Jews, with nasty little descriptions with each of their pics, playing up to the Zionist conspiracy theories that Jews are out to disarm then destroy us. In another post, he described Jews being led to the gas chamber as "soulless sheep." That isn't Antisemitic?

Quote:
Know these punks. They hate freedom, they hate good over evil, they would deny us the basic human right to self defense & to KEEP & BEAR ARMS while many of them have tax paid hired ARMED security! Know them well. Tell every1 you know how evil they are. Let us raise maximum hell to shut them down!

Seems to me it really depends on how each person reads it with their own biases.

It's not "anti-semantic" if you just point out Jewish people; it's "anti-semantic" if you attribute being Jewish with having a specific opinion outside of religious tenets.

It's no different than pointing out a heap of Christians as being anti-gay marriage, for example.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2016, 12:00 am

If he said Jews are to liberal for thier own good even with colorful language I would not have a problem with it. But he put an Israeli flag on top the pictures of the prominient Jewish gun control activists. It is hard for me to believe this was not an attempt at anti Jewish incitement.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2016, 12:03 am

seems to me the people who like him are LIKE him.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2016, 12:18 am

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
The thing is, I don't know of a legitimate Aspie who hasn't been picked on growing up - and who isn't still haunted by the memory - with the single exception of you. So forgive me if I think that maybe you were always on the giving side of bullying, as you are now.

How many Aspies do you know? I've met hundreds through my social group, and many times that number here, and that's far from a universal narrative. Perhaps you should consider the idea that your experience of autism isn't the only possible one, or even the most common.

I was shy and introverted and into nerdy stuff in high school, but I went to an alternative school and was affable, so I never really had a problem with anything I'd call bullying, but to you, that means I couldn't be autistic (as you've made clear in the past), despite the fact that I have a gold plated diagnosis from the man who runs the UW autism program.

This is kinda how you roll, you're quick to empathize with anyone with an 'underdog' type of narrative, but are startlingly unable to muster any empathy when anyone disagrees with or differs from you. Think about what it's like to be a conservative on a board where 3/4 or more of the members think that makes you the scum of the earth, and aren't at all shy about telling you that, and how that might effect your outlook and style. Raptor has been here longer than either of us, take a look at his earlier posts some time, and see how his style changed in relation to how he was treated here, it's instructive.

Well, good for you. As a matter of fact, in my senior year, I also chose to be affable, and the demeaning treatment took a downturn. But that doesn't excuse how I - or any other introvert or nerd - was treated.
As for Raptor changing - as a matter of fact, I recall a time when Raptor and I had a much more jocular relationship, but in more recent times, he's gotten much more confrontational, and yes, bullying. I actually had grudgingly liked Raptor at one time, and believe it or not, if he were to drop the need to attack and demean every single post I make (make no mistake, I don't require him to agree with me on anything), I'd almost certainly like him again. Have your buddy send me a pm to bury the hatchet (and not in either of our skulls), and we'll see where we go from there.

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2016, 1:24 am

Dox47 wrote:
Raptor has been here longer than either of us, take a look at his earlier posts some time, and see how his style changed in relation to how he was treated here, it's instructive.
So you're basically saying he responded to childish insults by descending to their level. figures.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2016, 6:29 am

Fugu wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Raptor has been here longer than either of us, take a look at his earlier posts some time, and see how his style changed in relation to how he was treated here, it's instructive.
So you're basically saying he responded to childish insults by descending to their level. figures.

You insult Mr. R. again and I'll turn you in. You just don't know when to stop, do you?

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2016, 6:39 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Well, good for you. As a matter of fact, in my senior year, I also chose to be affable, and the demeaning treatment took a downturn. But that doesn't excuse how I - or any other introvert or nerd - was treated.
As for Raptor changing - as a matter of fact, I recall a time when Raptor and I had a much more jocular relationship, but in more recent times, he's gotten much more confrontational, and yes, bullying. I actually had grudgingly liked Raptor at one time, and believe it or not, if he were to drop the need to attack and demean every single post I make (make no mistake, I don't require him to agree with me on anything), I'd almost certainly like him again. Have your buddy send me a pm to bury the hatchet (and not in either of our skulls), and we'll see where we go from there.

What are you talking about, Kraichgauer? You're a bully. To know one is to be one.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2016, 10:07 am

nurseangela wrote:
Fugu wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

You insult Mr. R. again and I'll turn you in. You just don't know when to stop, do you?

Tattle tail.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2016, 10:13 am

Oooh,Kraichgauer,you better watch out.Miss Kitty has her claws out. :D

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2016, 11:53 am

nurseangela wrote:
You just don't know when to stop, do you?

nurseangela wrote:
All I know is that it is extremely out of the ordinary for a Supreme Court Justice to be found dead the way he was after being invited to a remote ranch owned by a Democrat (John Poindexter), with a pillow over his head, six days after voting against greenhouse emissions that Asswipe really wanted to push through, with a US Marshall appointed by Asswipe finding Scalia and saying there was no foul play

:roll:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2016, 2:49 pm

nurseangela wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

What are you talking about, Kraichgauer? You're a bully. To know one is to be one.

What are you talking about? To know a bully is to be one???? No, to know a bully is having been bullied. To be a bully is being oblivious to causing hurt to others, though the act is repeated again and again.
If you weren't so worked up in a frenzy of rage and retribution, you would have realized that I was trying to make a peace making overture

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2016, 2:50 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Oooh,Kraichgauer,you better watch out.Miss Kitty has her claws out. :D

Yeah, I better run and hide!