Page 5 of 7 [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

24 Feb 2016, 12:09 am

A tariff or a tax on remittance payments, it would be easy. We shouldn't just get them to pay for a wall, we should force we should force Mexico and every other country to foot the bill for all the citizens illegally in our country. We have a $54 billion trade deficit with Mexico, we could solve this immigration issue within a term if we get Mexico to cooperate. It is Mexico that has been intentionally sending its underclass across our border, Latin America is one the most racist cultures in the world and they're ruling class doesn't care one bit about these immigrants despite their feigned outrage.

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2016, 1:21 am

I wonder if there's anyone out there who supports Trump who doesn't sound completely unhinged? I have yet to hear from one, but I suppose it's possible they might be out there somewhere. Possible, but I think not very likely.

(Note to Moderators: my warning number is wrong on my profile but apparently can't be fixed so I will note here that it is actually 2, not 3--the warning issued to me on Aug 20 2016 was a mistake but I've been told it can't be removed.)

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2016, 1:40 am

wilburforce wrote:
I wonder if there's anyone out there who supports Trump who doesn't sound completely unhinged? I have yet to hear from one, but I suppose it's possible they might be out there somewhere. Possible, but I think not very likely.

I'm not sure why you're not supporting Mr. Trump if that's the case :roll:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2016, 1:55 am

based on his public invective directed towards women and Hispanics, it is understandable that those two groups are less enthusiastic about his candidacy. as a businessman, he should know that it is bad business practice to deliberately insult a segment of his customer base. same for politics. it is contrary to the GOP's professed "big tent" philosophy, which of course was just a big lie all the way around.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2016, 2:04 am

Trump is winning Republican women and Hispanics

tell me who this 'hinged' candidate is and I'll tell you why you are wrong

just to repeat one more time, Bernie Sanders won't even be allowed to sniff the nomination. Hillary Clinton has already all but clinched it.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2016, 2:09 am

Jacoby wrote:

just to repeat one more time, Bernie Sanders won't even be allowed to sniff the nomination. Hillary Clinton has already all but clinched it.

We'll see I suppose...and I don't know that he will win just that he's the only viable candidate.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2016, 2:31 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

We'll see I suppose...and I don't know that he will win just that he's the only viable candidate.

viable = winning

The DNC has a completely rigged process, Hillary has 600 delegates to Bernie's like 30 and you need like 2300 to clinch it. Bernie is going to get crushed in South Carolina and the Super Tuesday states since he has minuscule support among blacks which make a large portion of those primary electorates. He did well with Hispanics in Nevada, he needs to win them like Hillary wins the black vote to even have a slight chance which I find unlikely. Even if(when) Hillary is indicted by the FBI and may drop out the DNC will still rally around someone like Joe Biden before Bernie Sanders. Michael Bloomberg has all but said he'll step in a run as independent if Bernie gets the nomination, the entire deck is stacked against him. I've seen how the RNC treated Ron Paul the last 2 cycles, the DNC is more heavier handed and in much more control so it's just an impossible hill to climb. Hillary Clinton will be the Democratic nominee provided she hasn't been indicted by the FBI, Julian Castro will be her VP pick. This has all been decided already.

So you can throw around words like unhinged and extremist but when the decision is between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton it is an easy one. Say all these awful things about Trump but he isn't a criminal, he isn't rapist or rape enabler, he hasn't failed at every turn in his given profession.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2016, 2:42 am

Bernie to me never passed the smell test, he was not willing to stand up the Clinton machine or use the most obvious advantage he has over her by going after her questionable ethics and reminding everybody that she and her husband's foundation are under FBI investigation for potentially violating the Espionage Act and public corruption. If he were really serious about winning he'd address the elephant in the room. I honestly believe that Sanders was able to close the gap with Clinton in large part because of the campaigning Trump did against her leading up to Iowa and New Hampshire.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2016, 2:56 am

auntblabby wrote:
as a businessman, he should know that it is bad business practice to deliberately insult a segment of his customer base. same for politics. it is contrary to the GOP's professed "big tent" philosophy, which of course was just a big lie all the way around.

Actually, it can be great business, you just have to offend a segment that's unlikely to buy your product in the first place and is likely to raise a stink, and even better if it's a segment likely to be disliked by your market, like shock rockers insulting conservative Christians in the 80s and 90s. This is why I get so annoyed at people freaking out about shock jocks or political entertainers in the Limbaugh/Coulter vein, as all they're doing is playing right into their hands by talking about them and creating free hype for them.

As to the GOP big tent, it actually is quite large, certainly larger than the Democratic one, when one considers the breadth of ideologies present, which is why their primary is so crazy with all the different groups duking it out for control of the party.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2016, 2:59 am

You despise the people who hate him more than you despise him.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2016, 3:20 am

I don't really despise the man, I just won't vote for him, is all. as for the people who like him, I will give them a wide berth. however, I DO despise the people who like cruz the ooze.

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2016, 5:51 am

auntblabby wrote:
I don't really despise the man, I just won't vote for him, is all. as for the people who like him, I will give them a wide berth. however, I DO despise the people who like cruz the ooze.

This guy was my sunday school teacher.
Check out hot issue #10

Yea, he's actually a pretty nice guy, always went for inspirational instead of punitive, gotta love than in a sunday school teacher.

Cruz is rotten, but you've gotta feel bad for a guy who's family can barely seem to stand him on tv. I remember seeing him trying to kiss his daughter on the forehead and she turned and shrieked. I don't know about you, but that would hurt my self esteem a little.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2016, 6:20 am

He'll make you have better relations with Russia.

Which seems like a very good idea.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2016, 6:21 am

Because I'm not voting anyway?

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2016, 11:12 am

Jacoby wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

viable = winning

The DNC has a completely rigged process, Hillary has 600 delegates to Bernie's like 30 and you need like 2300 to clinch it. Bernie is going to get crushed in South Carolina and the Super Tuesday states since he has minuscule support among blacks which make a large portion of those primary electorates. He did well with Hispanics in Nevada, he needs to win them like Hillary wins the black vote to even have a slight chance which I find unlikely. Even if(when) Hillary is indicted by the FBI and may drop out the DNC will still rally around someone like Joe Biden before Bernie Sanders. Michael Bloomberg has all but said he'll step in a run as independent if Bernie gets the nomination, the entire deck is stacked against him. I've seen how the RNC treated Ron Paul the last 2 cycles, the DNC is more heavier handed and in much more control so it's just an impossible hill to climb. Hillary Clinton will be the Democratic nominee provided she hasn't been indicted by the FBI, Julian Castro will be her VP pick. This has all been decided already.

So you can throw around words like unhinged and extremist but when the decision is between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton it is an easy one. Say all these awful things about Trump but he isn't a criminal, he isn't rapist or rape enabler, he hasn't failed at every turn in his given profession.

Viable=whatever candidate is for the people and not the corporate lobbyists and wealthy elite at our expense. At least that is what viable means to me.

If Bernie doesn't win so be it, I will just expect an even steeper decline in this country and prepare myself for that. But I sure as hell am not voting for Hillary, Trump or any of the other candidates running as republican...since I do not want to willfully take part in the downfall of this country. Also most everything I am hearing/reading indicates Bernie still has a chance and if anything is still gaining support....so as I say we will see whether or not he has a chance later on when more of the primaries and crap are done and the democrats actually decide their candidate.

But I digress I don't care about voting for 'the winner' I care about voting for the candidate I think would be best for this country. And the candidate who actually talks about addressing things like people working 40 hours a week with poverty wages, existence of private for profit prisons, adjusting how marijuana is scheduled or unsceduling it cooperation with all the states legalizing, making college more affordable, actually supports womens rights(that hillarys campaign has been attempting to bully women into voting for her by impying its some sort of treachery to be a woman and not vote for the woman canidate shows me she does not...what we can't think for ourselves now?) Also instead of massive wealth or simply knowing how to rile or excite a crowd, or my daddy was president, he has actual experience...was active in politics since before he graduated college. A respectable candidate who I can agree with.

And so because trump isn't a criminal, rapist or rape enabler that means he's president material? Also maybe he's not but he is a neo-nazi/white supremacist enabler otherwise he'd be speaking out against that segment of his supporters...but if anything just appears he's happy for the support. He comes off as a bigot and is probably a tad bit racist if not full blown.

Also he's a pampered spoiled brat, I don't see how he'll do anything to address the issue of full time working people making poverty wages or general poverty and homelessness...He seems to have the same good old right wing sentiment as the rest of the party about how if you're struggling to make ends meet you're just lazy. Also his given profession, being wealthy how he was born, has nothing to do with serving the people as president of the United States.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2016, 11:19 am

Jacoby wrote:
Fugu wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
wowiexist wrote:
Even if he is the greatest businessman ever that doesn't mean he would be a good president. Ben Carson was a genius when it came to neurosurgery, but that doesn't mean he would be a good president either. Donald Trump doesn't have a good knowledge of any of the issues. If you watch any of the debates you would know that.

Yet he's the only one that is semi-sane when it comes to foreign policy, everyone else wants to restart the Cold War with Russia and want to bog us down in another middle eastern war. They don't think Obama has gone far enough, these psychopaths want blood. It's nonsense that he doesn't have knowledge of the issues, he has spoken more in depth than probably any other candidate. Airhead Rubio hasn't said anything of substance his entire time in the US Senate.
semi-sane? are you trying to be funny? the guy wants to build a wall across the mexican border

Versus what? Opening a superhighway for our country to expedite invasion of our country and to once for all destroy our QOL brought down to that of the third world? You don't have a viable candidate, Trump is the best candidate running that can win. The American Dream is dead and Trump is the only candidate that is offering solutions, PC garbage is suffocating this country and no one else has anything remotely resembling an pro-America immigration policy. The CoC and La Raza might want hordes of millions of illegal immigrants as well as their legal slaves to undercut the American worker.

A wall is a lot more realistic than this idea of the forever war or that we can give away everything for free, Bernie Sanders understands how to run this country about as well as Matthew Lesko probably less and he won't be able to do anything he'd want to do. All besides the point, the choice is Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton and that is an easy decision and if you think Hillary is going to win that contest I think you should probably start exploring a nice place to live in Canada. We spent 2 trillion dollars in Iraq, we have a 54 billion dollar trade deficit with Mexico so we can make them pay for it and their citizens that they have intentionally sent across our border pretty easily. It is time to finally confront Mexico and its corrupt politicians, these people have been taking advantage of us for years while they run their country into the ground.

Again, Trump is the only one that wants peace with Russia and to confront our shared enemies together instead of literally threatening to start WWIII. These idiots all want to keep giving aid to terrorists and to allow the terrorist state of Saudi Arabia to control our foreign policy, I don't want war with Iran or Assad or any of these people they are trying to say are so bad. Turkey and Saudi Arabia support ISIS and they're supposedly our allies? No, they are the true enemies of the United States.

Ok the ridiculous conspiracy theory stuff about how now the immigrants of south America and mexico are being 'sent' here by their respective governments...when in reality they're more trying to get out of impoverished maybe even violent places. But that aside how do you figure trump is going to 'make' mexico pay for his stupid wall? By threatening war? He's a laughing stock....sure Russia would approve if we get him, why wouldn't they want to laugh at the downfall of this country at his hands? Helps get us out of the way of so they can have a chance at being the most powerful nation.