Occupy Movement Will Now Be DEMOCRACY SPRING

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Nov 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,017
Location: Kansas

18 Mar 2016, 11:28 am

marshall wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Having involuntary movements would be a reason for not being able to hold down a job. Depression can be treated. A lot of mental disorders can be treated. My neighbor with fibromyalgia doesn't have any problems partying so why should she be on disability and not have to work? My other neighbor says she works at JCPenneys styling salon. So she is able to hold down a job afterall.

You are an ignorant ass. Depression can't always be treated. Medications don't work for some people. In order to work you have to have someone willing to pay you. Many people are on disability because they have tried working and simply get fired over and over again because they can't function. It seems like you want these people to simply die. If so, f**k you. You are a piece of s**t.


Another thing. You think you're the only one who has had depression? BS. I have it in my own family - suicides, alcohol addiction, anti - depressants, anxiety meds. I know it all. So go talk to someone else about depression.


_________________
Me grumpy?
I'm happiness challenged.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.


marshall
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,752
Location: Turkey

18 Mar 2016, 11:57 am

nurseangela wrote:
marshall wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Having involuntary movements would be a reason for not being able to hold down a job. Depression can be treated. A lot of mental disorders can be treated. My neighbor with fibromyalgia doesn't have any problems partying so why should she be on disability and not have to work? My other neighbor says she works at JCPenneys styling salon. So she is able to hold down a job afterall.

You are an ignorant ass. Depression can't always be treated. Medications don't work for some people. In order to work you have to have someone willing to pay you. Many people are on disability because they have tried working and simply get fired over and over again because they can't function. It seems like you want these people to simply die. If so, f**k you. You are a piece of s**t.


Another thing. You think you're the only one who has had depression? BS. I have it in my own family - suicides, alcohol addiction, anti - depressants, anxiety meds. I know it all. So go talk to someone else about depression.

Not everyone's depression is exactly the same. To claim you "know it all" based on a few anecdotes is arrogant. You can't possibly "know it all" without spending a day in the shoes of someone with severe depression. Medication isn't always a cure. Even if it works initially, it can stop working after months or years. There is a thing called treatment resistant depression. I know people who have gotten ECT over and over again and only gotten worse from it. To say depression is treatable is simply a lie. It isn't always treatable. Also, not everyone who is depressed is an alcoholic. To become an alcoholic you have to make the choice to drink. To become depressed is not a choice. To mention the two together as if depression is a personal vice rather than a legitimate disease (not under a person's control) is insulting. I'm done arguing with you.



Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 56
Gender: Female
Posts: 14,339
Location: Aux Arcs

18 Mar 2016, 12:05 pm

I honestly believe that you are not a nurse,no way could you be so uninformed about mental illness and be in the medical profession.


_________________
"Security is mostly a superstition.It does not exist in nature,nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing." Helen Keller


Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,014
Location: New Orleans

18 Mar 2016, 12:33 pm

Clone Threads?

Political views do not come from employment.

Social Security must be unprofessional because they refuse most disability claims.

You got problems does not equal you are disabled.

Compared to the problems of the general population, many people are worse off and still functioning.

Disability does not come with a protective bubble, the rest of the world rolls on.

I am here because I functioned for a lifetime, discovered Autism, and said that was a load of bunk, I have been like that all my life and there is nothing, uh, well just because I, and, that is how I think, and you say it is a thing?

That is why everyone else is wrong!



ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Jul 2013
Age: 77
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,730
Location: On top of the world

18 Mar 2016, 12:42 pm

marshall wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
marshall wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Having involuntary movements would be a reason for not being able to hold down a job. Depression can be treated. A lot of mental disorders can be treated. My neighbor with fibromyalgia doesn't have any problems partying so why should she be on disability and not have to work? My other neighbor says she works at JCPenneys styling salon. So she is able to hold down a job afterall.

You are an ignorant ass. Depression can't always be treated. Medications don't work for some people. In order to work you have to have someone willing to pay you. Many people are on disability because they have tried working and simply get fired over and over again because they can't function. It seems like you want these people to simply die. If so, f**k you. You are a piece of s**t.


Another thing. You think you're the only one who has had depression? BS. I have it in my own family - suicides, alcohol addiction, anti - depressants, anxiety meds. I know it all. So go talk to someone else about depression.

Not everyone's depression is exactly the same. To claim you "know it all" based on a few anecdotes is arrogant. You can't possibly "know it all" without spending a day in the shoes of someone with severe depression. Medication isn't always a cure. Even if it works initially, it can stop working after months or years. There is a thing called treatment resistant depression. I know people who have gotten ECT over and over again and only gotten worse from it. To say depression is treatable is simply a lie. It isn't always treatable. Also, not everyone who is depressed is an alcoholic. To become an alcoholic you have to make the choice to drink. To become depressed is not a choice. To mention the two together as if depression is a personal vice rather than a legitimate disease (not under a person's control) is insulting. I'm done arguing with you.


Too too true.

The physical changes caused by clinical depression are NOT cured by the mind numbing (and sometimes quite dangerous) drugs available to the psychiatric profession. The thought seems to be if a person is drugged enough to not have the reasoning ability to take their own life, this is a success. This is the NEW psychiatry vs. the old one-on-one psychotherapy.



Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2013
Age: 1020
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,863
Location: Erehwon

18 Mar 2016, 1:52 pm

Please note the rules regarding duplicate threads and spamming:

Quote:
* Please don't post duplicate threads.

Quote:
Spamming
--------------------
* Do not create multiple topics in a short amount of time.
* Do not create multiple similarly themed topics; please combine them into one topic.
* Cross posting is prohibited
* Please do not create pointless threads. These will be locked or deleted.
* Do not post just to post. Your post count can be reset if administrators feel you're doing this.
* Your posts may be deleted if they break any of the above rules about spamming.


viewtopic.php?t=12459#p206825