SJW - What would be a good literal name for them?

Page 5 of 9 [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

JackBruns
Raven
Raven

03 May 2016, 2:44 pm

Dox47 wrote:
I'm sure we'll soon get to hear about the newspeak definition of "racism", the one that says only white people can be racists, while everyone else is just "biased".

That's what the SJW's have planned for all of us. Go with the flow or be tossed in prison, much like Europe. Or should I say, much like the old Soviet Union. What a fantastic irony. Russia is looking more and more like how America used to be, while the West is drifting towards Soviet dystopia. What a clusterf*ck.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2016, 6:12 pm

Constantly Offended Crybullies

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2016, 7:58 pm

You know, getting back to what differentiates SJWs from garden variety liberals, I forgot offense seeking behavior, i.e. looking for reasons to get offended, as being offended is the source of their power.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2016, 8:30 pm

Triggade (trigger & brigade)

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2016, 10:12 pm

It's legitimate to want a 'safe space' on campus, like the old Black Student Union or the Women's resource building, but it's not legitimate to want the entire university to be a safe space. The entire point of university is a death match of memes.

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2016, 11:31 pm

JackBruns wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
I'm sure we'll soon get to hear about the newspeak definition of "racism", the one that says only white people can be racists, while everyone else is just "biased".

That's what the SJW's have planned for all of us. Go with the flow or be tossed in prison, much like Europe. Or should I say, much like the old Soviet Union. What a fantastic irony. Russia is looking more and more like how America used to be, while the West is drifting towards Soviet dystopia. What a clusterf*ck.

Well, from a European point of view, America looks more like it did during the 1890ies, Russia is much the same as it has always been, poor and totalitarian, and Europe is becoming more like America.

It seems to me you are fighting the same battle as the offended crew are, just from the other side. Does anybody even care where the money goes, or is it just moral battles until death?

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2016, 12:02 am

Dox47 wrote:
You know, getting back to what differentiates SJWs from garden variety liberals, I forgot offense seeking behavior, i.e. looking for reasons to get offended, as being offended is the source of their power.

Or being offended on the behalf of others which is what is happening here in Australia, kids can't have Christmas carols at school in case it offends anyone from a certain religion.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2016, 3:41 am

Aprilviolets wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

Or being offended on the behalf of others which is what is happening here in Australia, kids can't have Christmas carols at school in case it offends anyone from a certain religion.

It has reached the point that parody of SJWs is impossible, because they're a complete web of self-parody:

No, my dear. You're constantly offended because you're a shrew. :D

There Are Four Lights!

Cup
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 May 2016, 4:54 am

I prefer the term "Progressive" and "decent human being" and "someone with empathy"

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2016, 5:03 am

Cup wrote:
I prefer the term "Progressive" and "decent human being" and "someone with empathy"

Hey, I asked for literal, not more what they'd like you to think they are but are the exact opposite of. :)

Truly, all these are the exact opposite of what they are.

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2016, 6:16 am

Cup wrote:

I'm not sure this applies. There is a huge difference between talking about something and actually doing something.

I just read this article. It perfectly describes the problem, in a context of racism.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... umberbatch

"As someone who, as an adult, has been stupid enough to ask gay men about their girlfriends and Jews how they enjoyed Christmas, I believe everyone has the right to misspeak, be set right, apologise and then carry on about their business. If that whole process is conducted in a spirit of generosity, then who knows? We might even learn something.

But if it’s not, all we have is an almighty game of gotcha with considerable collateral damage. "

Edited to add quotation.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2016, 9:39 am

Hypocritical and at times ironic chasers of Internet fandom.

Cup
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 May 2016, 11:17 am

Drake wrote:
Cup wrote:

Hey, I asked for literal, not more what they'd like you to think they are but are the exact opposite of. :)

It is really gross how anytime a gender and sexual minority, a woman, or a survivor of trauma wants to be part of the conversation you dismissively slap this label of SJW on them and people who agree with them.

Cup
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 May 2016, 11:22 am

Jacoby wrote:
They are quite literally cultural Marxists, useful idiots led astray by the Communist agitators we employ in academia.

These are all just red baiting snarl words. You're not making a point you are just asserting that. You're engaging in MccArthyism.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Cultural_Marxism

Quote:
Cultural Marxism refers to two things:
First, extremely rarely, "Cultural Marxism" refers to the application of Marxist ideology and/or critical theory to social sciences.

Second, much more commonly, "Cultural Marxism" is used as a snarl word by reactionaries to red-bait anyone with progressive tendencies. The term alludes to a conspiracy theory in which sinister left-wingers in media, academia, and science are engaged in a decades-long plot to undermine Western culture. Perhaps with some "Sexual Bolshevism" thrown in for good measure.

The conspiracist usage originated in Nazi Germany, where Kulturbolschewismus ("Cultural Bolshevism") was used as a political term of abuse, as well.[1] The Nazis being the Nazis, they of course often mixed it with their idea that all Bolshevism was a Jewish plot.

So if anyone rants about "Cultural Marxists taking over culture!", kindly remind them that they're literally spouting Nazi propaganda.

So yeah, "SJW", "Cultural Marxism", "SCUM" whatever are just loaded petty insults that are being used to silence and dismiss anyone who has opinion that is contrary to patriarchy and white privilege.

Cup
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 May 2016, 11:36 am

BaalChatzaf wrote:
Let us call them do-gooders. Do-gooders are one of the most dangerous and pestilential groups of people on the planet.

Where the great need not fear the small.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2016, 12:03 pm

Cup wrote:
Drake wrote:
Cup wrote:

It is really gross how anytime a gender and sexual minority, a woman, or a survivor of trauma wants to be part of the conversation you dismissively slap this label of SJW on them and people who agree with them.

I'm not going to call you an SJW yet, but you started out with a line parroted by such people, word for word, so you're not off to a good start. And a link to rational wiki, you're really, really not off to a good start.