Those who voted to leave due to immigration enabled racism

Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 3:59 pm

Having our sovereignty dissolved and flooded with millions of people from around the world against our wishes was always going to get a reaction.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

B19
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 Jun 2016, 6:26 pm

Have you ever heard of the Raj, Mootoo? That was institutionalised racism which the English perpetrated on India in order to steal and exploit that countries resources. The English has been the dominant proponents of racism in the world - it was they who invented concentration camps (in South Africa); you probably think (wrongly, because you seem to lack any wider or historical perspective) that Hitler's Germany invented them. The British Empire "on which the sun was never supposed to set" was founded on notions of English privilige - the right to exploit other people and other countries for England's gain was founded on the idea of natural superiority and entitlement.

You seem to think you are naturally superior to "old people" though prejudice and ignorance are rather poor qualifiers.

B19
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 Jun 2016, 6:30 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Having our sovereignty dissolved and flooded with millions of people from around the world against our wishes was always going to get a reaction.

Gosh. Ghandi could have said that..

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 7:20 pm

B19 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Gandi isn't the person you THINK he was. Regardless, how does the government of England doing bad deeds have to do with how the English people were being treated by the EU? Oh, your government screwed up the lives of innocents in other countries, so it's your fault since you live in England. WTF kind of logic is that? I guess I'm responsible for the deaths of Native Americans by that logic.

B19
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 Jun 2016, 7:36 pm

The racism that has been occurring on British streets since Brexit is not anything/something new (see the thread title, which is the context I am addressing). It is a manifestation of a strand and theme that has existed in English politics and culture for a long time, and England is not alone in this, though it has been one of the dominant exemplars. This does not mean that all English people are racist, or ever were. To conflate the two would be ridiculous.

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 7:59 pm

B19 wrote:
The racism that has been occurring on British streets since Brexit is not anything/something new (see the thread title, which is the context I am addressing). It is a manifestation of a strand and theme that has existed in English politics and culture for a long time, and England is not alone in this, though it has been one of the dominant exemplars. This does not mean that all English people are racist, or ever were. To conflate the two would be ridiculous.

There are raciest people every where. How is wanting to take control of your own country raciest? Let's get away from the EU so we can take control of the security of our country. OMG that's sooo raciest! How dare you want to rule your own sovereign country!

B19
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 Jun 2016, 8:16 pm

I see it in a wider historical context than you, that's all:

http://criticallegalthinking.com/2016/0 ... ia-empire/

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 8:24 pm

B19 wrote:

That's not the case at all. You just want to believe that an organization that has it's own interest in mind, somehow cares about the people of Britain. News flash, any global organization such as the EU and UN are and are bound to become corrupt. The bigger the government is, the more corruption is possible. A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 8:33 pm

Racism seems like a natural human response.

Our animal instinct is to view "outsiders" as "potentially dangerous".

This triggers fear.

Fear is considered our strongest emotion.

Hateful acts occur because we desire to eradicate this fear.

BREXIT/Donald Trump offer solutions to eradicate this fear.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 8:40 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Racism seems like a natural human response.

Our animal instinct is to view "outsiders" as "potentially dangerous".

This triggers fear.

Fear is considered our strongest emotion.

Hateful acts occur because we desire to eradicate this fear.

BREXIT/Donald Trump offer solutions to eradicate this fear.

And FDR has a better solution to eradicate fear: the only thing to fear is fear itself. Greatest part about the quote is that it puts the onus on the person with the fear, not the person/people they fear.

B19
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 Jun 2016, 8:48 pm

CommanderKeen wrote:
B19 wrote:

That's not the case at all. You just want to believe that an organization that has it's own interest in mind, somehow cares about the people of Britain. News flash, any global organization such as the EU and UN are and are bound to become corrupt. The bigger the government is, the more corruption is possible. A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

I ask this question in sincerity, because I am genuinely curious: how do you see Brexit as a benefit to you on a purely personal level? What do you believe is now changed that will have a direct positive impact on you personally, and how will you benefit from that change in concrete ways?

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 9:02 pm

B19 wrote:
CommanderKeen wrote:
B19 wrote:

I ask this question in sincerity, because I am genuinely curious: how do you see Brexit as a benefit to you on a purely personal level? What do you believe is now changed that will have a direct positive impact on you personally, and how will you benefit from that change in concrete ways?

It signifies the beginning of the fall of globalism. More countries want to get out of the of the EU and now that Britain is out there is a high likely hood that'll be the case. The EU may very well crumble in the next few years. There is now a bill in place here in the US to get the US out of the UN. The UN for years has been trying to change US policy and supersede the Bill of Rights and the Constitution. Not only will I not have to worry about the UN trying to push it's policies on the US, but without the US funding the UN; the UN will be finished. Not only is this good for liberty in terms of having our own policies, it's also good because we won't be paying taxes to the UN, nor to other countries in the form of foreign aid. I want all countries to have there own sovereignty, to be free to make their own laws and their own agreements with other countries.

B19
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 Jun 2016, 9:16 pm

Ok, thanks for your reply. I can see where you are coming from much more clearly.

If you can indulge me further, what message do you think Brexit has sent to foreign investors ( those who actively invest in the British economy from offshore) and what might the flow-on effects on the economy be if they elect to withdraw their investments? (Two different questions there).

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2016, 6:02 pm

B19 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

I'm not to blame for what someone else's ancestors did.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2016, 11:04 pm

B19 wrote:
Ok, thanks for your reply. I can see where you are coming from much more clearly.

If you can indulge me further, what message do you think Brexit has sent to foreign investors ( those who actively invest in the British economy from offshore) and what might the flow-on effects on the economy be if they elect to withdraw their investments? (Two different questions there).

The economy will recover and improve to become better without the involvement of an organization, such as the EU. THis is a transition phase.

B19
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

30 Jun 2016, 11:27 pm

I wonder, because the UK exports more, in percentage terms, of its products and services to the EU than the other way around. If that potential-to-export market is severely contracted, (which may or may not happen) then there could be perhaps quite unintended consequences. It is unclear at present what the outcomes will be in this respect and whether the UK will rapidly find new markets for those products and services if it is compelled to do so.

There will be a transition process though the outcomes of that are currently far from clear and how this will impact on the UK is assumptive meanwhile. One has to hope (for the average Brit however they voted) that this will turn out well...

At present no-one knows.