Page 1 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2015, 4:38 pm

When I was a kid, "the story" was..... "When you die and get up to Heaven, Saint Peter will meet you at the Pearly Gates. He will go-through the book of your life, and check-out all the things you did wrong, and decide if you're worthy of Heaven; and then, of course, let you through the gates, or cast you into Hell"----or, at least this is the way I remember the story.

My question to YOU is----whether or not, you believe this story----whether or not you believe in God, Heaven, religion, whatever----what would YOU do? What would you say, in answer to your transgressions? Would you try to defend yourself, or would you try to explain that you learned much better "ways", had turned your life around, and so-forth----or, what?

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2015, 7:00 pm

You question seems to infer that the Judaic-Christian God is the correct one. All of your 'what would you do examples' are based upon there is going to be some sort of judgement.

But to answer your question about what I would do. I would offer up examples of what God can do better at going forward. If he exists, he seems to be rather clueless and needs some help.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2015, 7:17 pm

My understanding of Christianity is that a single sin in your life is enough to damn you to hell for all eternity. You must believe in the sacrifice Jesus made for the sinners of the world (everybody but him) and the fact that he rose from the dead, overcoming death, in order to have Jesus cleanse you after you die so that when you appear to God all sins are wiped from your slate. This allows you to enter heaven.

RhodyStruggle
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2015, 8:08 pm

Spit in Pete's face and flip him the bird over my shoulder on my way to hell.

A burden discerned in the blood you taste

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2015, 8:26 pm

beneficii's interpretation of Christian doctrine is by and large correct, although different sects word it slightly differently. Lutherans and some other Protestants believe that if you do good works and live an exemplary life the best you can, you will get into Heaven. Holy Rollers believe that if you are righteous enough, you will be rewarded in this life as well as the next. I should note that the original faith said that one was only saved if God, who is unknowable and inscrutable, decides by himself that you are worthy. You could accept Jesus and still go to hell, under Pauline belief.

Pauline Christians saw no reason to celebrate birth, believing that man was cursed by the original sin of Adam, instead preferring to celebrate death, when "man passed from toil to rest". It was something closer to what is seen in some Islamic sects today than what most Christians believe now. A few diehards follow Pauline Church teachings, and then there's Jehovah's Witnesses who follow a modified version, but most Christians don't follow the original Pauline teaching. Even Catholics believe that accepting Jesus will be enough to get you into heaven.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2015, 11:17 pm

One of the best ways of technique that psychopathic leaning leaders, either religious or politically oriented, use to control the lives of other folks is in the cognitive science of cognitive empathy, in pulling the emotional strings of others to repress and or oppress human emotional and sensory nature and to subjugate others through illusory fears or empty made-up promises never delivered at all.

Perhaps, the most famous empty illusory promise is a heaven after life that no can validate, or of course report on.

Perhaps the most famous empty illusory fear is a hell after life that no one can validate, or of course report, on too.

And in the Nicea council in 325 AD, Roman Empire Emperor Constantine and some early Catholic leading cohorts decide on what will work to rule the 'congregation' and frigging EXPAND THE ROMAN EMPIRE.

Unfortunately, it does NOT include the pantheistic Yogi Leaning ideas of the Gnostic Gospel of Thomas, where heaven is in nature now, and not after life.

Instead they make Jesus into a fake mythical soldier GOD, who rules the entire Universe that at that time, is a relatively small patch of land. And then Emperor Constantine follows suit, by erected a monolithic monument of himself, as a Sun GOD erection of edifice, too.

The greatest thing about finding one's self with the all natural innate instinctual and intuitive power within, IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN NOW IN MIND AND BODY BALANCE IS:

IT'S A REAL DEAL AND NOT AN EMPTY PROMISE OR AN EMPTY ILLUSORY FEAR.

THIS STUFF DOES NOT TAKE BOOK LEARNING, AS HUMANS are gifted from birth all innately, instinctually and intuitively to find mind and body balance through imaginative and creative physical intelligence regulating emotions and integrating senses;

And additionally, making greater cognitive executive functioning happen through enhancing focus and short term working memory a reality a now, where a human being can actually even learn to regulate autonomic function per heart rate, blood pressure, brain waves, and even temperature regulation like Yogi's who are documented in science, as steaming heat off of icy cold robes in icy pools of water, as well as controlling alpha brain waves, through the bio-feedback of imaginative and creative physical intelligence perfecting as practice continually now.

Heaven is real.

Heaven is now.

There is not anything like it for folks like me and other Yogi's
who attain it NOW, 'BABY', AND NEVER ANYWHERE
AND or ANY PLACE
BUT NOW IN MOTHER AND HUMAN NATURE TRUTH AND LIGHT.

I LIVE IN HEAVEN ALL THE TIME NOW; THE REAL HEAVEN OF NOW;

JUST 'CAUSE I CAN AND WILL IT EVERYNOW OF EVERYNOW
JUST like the Gnostic Gospel of Thomas 'says' one can.

And yes, I find it within, outside, above so below, all around
me now, well before I ever find this Sacred Text of Thomas on
the Internet, as linked and quoted below.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/thomas.htm

Quote:
3) Jesus said, "If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is
in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they
say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will
precede you. Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is
outside of you. [Those who] become acquainted with [themselves]
will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you
will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living
Father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty
and it is you who are that poverty.

Quote:
37) His disciples said to him, "When will you be visible to us,
and when shall we behold you?"
He said, "When you strip naked without being ashamed, and
take your garments and put them under your feet like little
children and tread upon them, then you will see the child of the
Living, and you will not be afraid."

I for one take what's real and possible now, and leave total
conjecture for the 'non-believers' of Heaven in NOW.

And if the historical Jesus is anything in real life then, like
the Gnostic Gospel of Thomas reports above;

OBVIOUSLY, he does too...then.

It's not as hard to find the power of the Kingdom of Heaven within;
whether a person spends time in a desert like Jesus; a cave like
Muhammad; or under a tree like Buddha; OR like me walking on solitary
beaches in youth and escaping the illusions of culture through the worst
pain known to mankind, leaving me no choice but that with the loss
of effective use of my eyes and ears, to even be a part of culture for
over five long years of pain and blessings eventually greater than I can
ever imagine before that where every second of now, is like a thousand
years of Heaven, NOW.

There is no time but Bliss and or Nirvana in the Heaven of Now.

It's the best place ever to be now, and possible to find with an imaginative
and creative perfection of practice through the physical intelligence of mind
and body balance, and the Gnostic Gospel of Thomas is full of similar
frigging metaphors, over and over, for those folks who have the ability
to discern the metaphors and put them into practice for this literal
human miracle of NOW, as THE HEAVEN OF NOW.

IF PEOPLE TRULY UNDERSTAND AND PRACTICE THIS IN THEIR LIFE,
THEY CANNOT BE CONTROLLED, BY OTHERS, AS THE POWER OF HAPPINESS
AND BLISS WILL ALL BE THEIRS, INSTEAD OF BEING CONTROLLED
BY REINS OF LEASHES, UNDER THE REIGN OF OTHERS.

I AM NO SLAVE.

I FOR ONE am FREE, in the Heaven of Now.

The promise of the ages is mine, and CAN be others too;

IF THEY WILL IT TO BE NOW, WITH HUMAN RELATIVE FREE WILL;
through much GREATER physical intelligence of LIVING FRIGGING NOW.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2015, 12:32 am

St Peter would put his hand on my shoulder and say, "Those earthlings have been unfair to you and have disrespected you aplenty and since you put up with so much shite from them, I am gonna be extra sure to place you in the very bosom of Abraham for all the trouble you endured and did so without completely losing it! You handled them with such grace. I doubt Jesus Almighty could have done much better!"

I honestly think that is what he would say.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2015, 12:42 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
St Peter would put his hand on my shoulder and say, "Those earthlings have been unfair to you and have disrespected you aplenty and since you put up with so much shite from them, I am gonna be extra sure to place you in the very bosom of Abraham for all the trouble you endured and did so without completely losing it! You handled them with such grace. I doubt Jesus Almighty could have done much better!"

Smiles.

I think so 'two'.

Enjoy Heaven, NOW, 'too'.

Ynot; NOW, 'three', and more..'for'..:)

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2015, 12:48 am

aghogday wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

Smiles.

I think so 'two'.

Yes, the Kingdom of Heaven is inside each one of us and if you know Heaven on Earth you will always know it. And if you know God you will always know God. It's not about books it's inside. I am a gnostic and this is what they believe.

If you believe in Jesus you will see heaven, according to Jesus, because Jesus knew the Kingdom of God. In other words, do not let mankind stand between you and your spirit.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2015, 1:54 am

There is no afterlife, no heaven or hell there are dreams so I theorize that when you die not only do you no longer exist but when you die you dream for eternity until a portion of you consciousness is passed on to your offspring via genetic memory! But that concept is too complex for religious folks to comprehend! No magic no spirits just common sense and science!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2015, 2:02 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
aghogday wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

Smiles.

I think so 'two'.

Yes, the Kingdom of Heaven is inside each one of us and if you know Heaven on Earth you will always know it. And if you know God you will always know God. It's not about books it's inside. I am a gnostic and this is what they believe.

If you believe in Jesus you will see heaven, according to Jesus, because Jesus knew the Kingdom of God. In other words, do not let mankind stand between you and your spirit.

Yes, I agree..:)

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2015, 6:39 am

assuming, for the sake of the thread, that the judeo-christian heaven is true...

i have only one defence:
you gave me the free will do doubt you, and either created or allowed contradictory evidence.
even though i didn't believe, i followed the intention of your laws (i did not hurt my fellow humans in any way; if i could help it, and i didn't hold another god before you)
you are infinitely wise, good and loving, you'll forgive me.

if he doesn't forgive me after that: i'll gladly turn away from heaven, even if he does i'd consider doint that; i don't want to live eternity under a dictator with thought police. besides, all the interesting people will be in "hell" (if that is also real; the bible doesn't mention one)

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2015, 9:22 am

Well, all I know is..... If I get to go to Heaven, I'm hoping I'll receive MERCY----as opposed to justice!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2015, 9:48 am

I am going to this concert.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2015, 9:53 am

Meh, I think Valhalla sounds preferable I mean an endless feast and mead can't go wrong, I bet heaven doesn't have mead....though the dying a warriors death bit to get in might be a little bit difficult.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2015, 9:54 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
There is no afterlife, no heaven or hell there are dreams so I theorize that when you die not only do you no longer exist but when you die you dream for eternity until a portion of you consciousness is passed on to your offspring via genetic memory! But that concept is too complex for religious folks to comprehend! No magic no spirits just common sense and science!

But if you don't exist how can you dream for eternity?