Page 17 of 26 [ 408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 26  Next

L_Holmes
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2016, 10:45 pm

wilburforce wrote:
L_Holmes wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
L_Holmes wrote:
But whatever. Clearly there are very few people here interested in having a real discussion about the facts surrounding these issues, and you are not one of them. I'm beginning to lose interest in this myself.

I see it more as people being interested in the subject but being incapable of leaving their baggage at the door.

Either way, it's starting to seem pointless. Perhaps I'll take my controversial views somewhere with a wider and more diverse audience, because there isn't much that I haven't already said here. At this point I'm just restating myself over and over to find that people still do not understand what my argument even is.

Yes, your problem is that you are smarter than everyone here. All the various high-IQ and highly educated types here on WP just aren't up to matching your arguments intellectually. Perhaps you should move on to a place where your superior abilities will be properly recognised and appreciated.

The point is I'm tired of trying to convince people of something that they are unwilling to be convinced of. I am tired of being called a racist when I'm totally against racism. I'm tired of people being racist against me because I'm white. And then I get banned for calling someone a name because they were being racist.

But yeah, I'm overreacting.

- Sherlock Holmes

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2016, 10:53 pm

L_Holmes wrote:
wilburforce wrote:
L_Holmes wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
L_Holmes wrote:
But whatever. Clearly there are very few people here interested in having a real discussion about the facts surrounding these issues, and you are not one of them. I'm beginning to lose interest in this myself.

I see it more as people being interested in the subject but being incapable of leaving their baggage at the door.

Either way, it's starting to seem pointless. Perhaps I'll take my controversial views somewhere with a wider and more diverse audience, because there isn't much that I haven't already said here. At this point I'm just restating myself over and over to find that people still do not understand what my argument even is.

Yes, your problem is that you are smarter than everyone here. All the various high-IQ and highly educated types here on WP just aren't up to matching your arguments intellectually. Perhaps you should move on to a place where your superior abilities will be properly recognised and appreciated.

The point is I'm tired of trying to convince people of something that they are unwilling to be convinced of. I am tired of being called a racist when I'm totally against racism. I'm tired of people being racist against me because I'm white. And then I get banned for calling someone a name because they were being racist.

Trying to convince people that incorrect assertions are true and accurate reflections of reality is going to be an uphill battle, yeah.

You got banned for breaking the rules. Calling someone a name, whatever you think your justification for it is, is against forum rules. Getting upset about being called out for breaking the rules of a forum you voluntarily participate in while agreeing to follow the rules is definitely an overreaction.

Sometimes the problem is not the subject matter of one's argument but rather the tone and method of its delivery.

(Note to Moderators: my warning number is wrong on my profile but apparently can't be fixed so I will note here that it is actually 2, not 3--the warning issued to me on Aug 20 2016 was a mistake but I've been told it can't be removed.)

L_Holmes
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 12:29 am

wilburforce wrote:
L_Holmes wrote:
wilburforce wrote:
L_Holmes wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
L_Holmes wrote:

Trying to convince people that incorrect assertions are true and accurate reflections of reality is going to be an uphill battle, yeah.

You got banned for breaking the rules. Calling someone a name, whatever you think your justification for it is, is against forum rules. Getting upset about being called out for breaking the rules of a forum you voluntarily participate in while agreeing to follow the rules is definitely an overreaction.

Sometimes the problem is not the subject matter of one's argument but rather the tone and method of its delivery.

I'm willing to be convinced I'm wrong, but nobody here has provided any evidence that supports that.

I'm not saying I didn't break the rules, but I'm pretty sure overt racism is also against the rules. I was pointing out that I alone got banned, whereas people who say I'm "whitesplaining", a totally racist idea, don't get so much as a warning from the mods. So yeah, I see a problem there.

I do indeed have issues with presenting arguments in a diplomatic way, because I don't like being nice. I like saying what I think, and I mean exactly what I think. So all I'm saying is, maybe this isn't the place for me. Not sure why you care though, considering you don't seem to like me and will probably be happy when I'm gone.

- Sherlock Holmes

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 12:40 am

L_Holmes wrote:
GGPViper wrote:

What about Black Lives Matter? Care to address their calling it a "diversion tactic", as much of the left in general does? Care to address the many, many more articles being pumped out every day that are about f**k white police, and f**k whites in general? Finding some articles that barely address the specific issues I've brought up in this thread is hardly a sufficient counter to what I said.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_the_goalposts

L_Holmes
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 1:55 am

GGPViper wrote:
L_Holmes wrote:
GGPViper wrote:

What about Black Lives Matter? Care to address their calling it a "diversion tactic", as much of the left in general does? Care to address the many, many more articles being pumped out every day that are about f**k white police, and f**k whites in general? Finding some articles that barely address the specific issues I've brought up in this thread is hardly a sufficient counter to what I said.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_the_goalposts

I moved the goalposts to a more logical point, because for me the goal is reason. But you are not reasonable, so I'm not surprised you would resort to simply posting a Wikipedia link rather than actually engaging in the discussion and truly attempting to defend your own ideas.

You're grasping at straws. You clearly have nothing of value to say. I can see right through you, and I can see very clearly your lack of ability to form a coherent argument against me.

So run along. Or stay, and entertain me.

- Sherlock Holmes

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2017, 1:48 pm

The false idea of a war on white people, which has become mainstream in the sense that the US president professes it, is a construction of racist groups much like The Protocols of the Elders of Zion. It was the motivation for the recent mass murder at the AME church, in the words of the killer himself. The rallying cry and raison d'etre of the alt right is the false, racist narrative of a war by people of color on white people.

I feel disgusted when I see that accusation blithely made by some posters here.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2017, 6:22 am

I personally believe that some left wing culture, especially younger liberals are starting to have a problem with groups that used to wield power. I think a white genocide is crazy. I have seen people on the left that have taken ideas of race and sex to a cult like mentality.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2017, 2:16 pm

You can talk fairly openly about race and sex in this forum. To describe sex techniques and so on, you'll need to take it to the Adult Forum, BettaPonic.

I am in that part of the left wing which wants equal power, and I have a problem with White Privilege. What specific part of the left do you consider racist or whatever?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2017, 9:07 pm

I have a problem with people thinking I'm "privileged" because I'm white. I haven't had much "privilege" throughout my life---and there are some white people who are much worse off than me--who really are impoverished.

However, I don't believe there's a "war" against white people.

I'm pretty liberal in some aspects, somewhat conservative in others.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2017, 9:37 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I have a problem with people thinking I'm "privileged" because I'm white. I haven't had much "privilege" throughout my life---and there are some white people who are much worse off than me--who really are impoverished.

However, I don't believe there's a "war" against white people.

I'm pretty liberal in some aspects, somewhat conservative in others.

The privilege you and I as white men enjoy is that we can walk or drive virtually anywhere, anytime day or night, and have no fear of being hassled by the police. Or we don't have to worry about being followed by store employees while shopping, suspecting that we're potential shoplifters. We rarely fear being railroaded by the police. I could go on and on about things we rarely have to worry about, simply because we assume law abiding citizens normally don't have to worry about such things. But blacks and brown people do in fact worry about that everyday. That is the privilege you and I as white men enjoy, and so take for granted that we don't even recognize it as privilege.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2017, 9:43 pm

I actually feel the only "privilege" I've gotten as a white person is when I have to use the bathroom in Manhattan restaurants.

I've been followed in stores by security.

I was once almost arrested because some cop thought I was in a drug house, and I was running from them. I was actually training for the NYC Marathon. If I didn't have ID, I would have been taken in.

I've had other encounters with cops.

I am not one of those people who believe that there's a "war" against white people. I don't believe in "white rights." I'm not an "alt-right" person at all. My political ideology leans towards the "Social Democrats" in Europe. I'm a political independent who almost wishes John McCain was President. He would be much preferable to Trump.

I just don't believe I'm "privileged" solely because I'm white.

But I do believe that "minorities," in general, have it tougher than whites. But some "minorities" do better than some whites.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2017, 9:55 pm

I am pretty liberal myself, the group I have seen that I have a problem with, is a specific group of young liberals who think all men are rapists, all women are victims, and reject free speech.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2017, 10:19 pm

BettaPonic wrote:
I am pretty liberal myself, the group I have seen that I have a problem with, is a specific group of young liberals who think all men are rapists, all women are victims, and reject free speech.

So, the imaginary left. I hate them too.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2017, 10:40 pm

I am talking about an extreme subset of people on the left (I consider myself a liberal). I am talking about people who consider all men rapists (by this I mean teaching men not to rape). Give inaccurate statistics such as 1/4 of college campus women will be raped or women earn 77 cents on the dollar of a man. That white people have all the advantages. That a black man on the streets has a high chance of being shot by a cop. Women who feel like that they shouldn't have to be prepared by an attack. I am talking about people who make up an identity out of random things.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2017, 10:48 pm

BettaPonic wrote:
I am talking about an extreme subset of people on the left (I consider myself a liberal). I am talking about people who consider all men rapists (by this I mean teaching men not to rape). Give inaccurate statistics such as 1/4 of college campus women will be raped or women earn 77 cents on the dollar of a man. That white people have all the advantages. That a black man on the streets has a high chance of being shot by a cop. Women who feel like that they shouldn't have to be prepared by an attack. I am talking about people who make up an identity out of random things.

You may well be the most liberal person on your MRA discussion board.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2017, 10:51 pm

That is not a response. I do not identify with MRA. I think globally women have it harder. I fully support a women's right to choose. I am an egalitarian.