Page 2 of 11 [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 6:54 pm

androbot01 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
Jacoby, what are your thoughts on Evan McMulllin?

Fox News: Utah Poll: Independent Evan McMullin ties Trump

neoconservative loser, ex-cia ex-goldman sachs

Glenn Beck is ranting and raving all apocalyptic like Jim Jones right now, I guess in combination with globalist goon Mitt Romney that has caught the eyes of some foolish Utah Mormons. I really doubt it's going to be that close in that state, outlier.

Ah.

I just can't imagine a world where Trump is President. Okay, I can, it's terrifying. I have to challenge you on one thing that you have said: that the comments he made regarding grabbing women by the p**** are irrelevant because they were from a long time ago. I would argue that these comments are indicative of character. That someone who thinks it's okay to behave this way, or even to joke about behaving this way, is acceptable as a leader. So with this in mind, I have to ask, do you think that it is acceptable to behave in this way, or do you think it is not, but Trump is worth it anyway?

I don't see how this behavior is any worse than someone who would knowingly risk the security of the country and fund terrorists? Which is more important to you? If you doubt Obama or Clinton or Romney or any amount of other politicians ever had any similar thoughts about the other sex at all I don't think you have realistic expectations of people.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 6:58 pm

adifferentname wrote:
I do get the impression that at least one candidate would sell their own offspring to Satan, but I don't have enough to go on.

I think both. But one would make the mistake of asking for something self-serving and the other would make the mistake of asking for something for others. Like, I want eternal youth vs. I want to end poverty. Both will result in some massive shitstorms, but my preferences are clear.

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 6:58 pm

This isn't some unconscious wetdream... this is admitting sexual assault, big difference. Courts prosecute assault, not thought.

Boxman108 wrote:
any amount of other politicians ever had any similar thoughts about the other sex at all I don't think you have realistic expectations of people.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 6:59 pm

Jacoby wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
Jacoby, what are your thoughts on Evan McMulllin?

Fox News: Utah Poll: Independent Evan McMullin ties Trump

neoconservative loser, ex-cia ex-goldman sachs

Glenn Beck is ranting and raving all apocalyptic like Jim Jones right now, I guess in combination with globalist goon Mitt Romney that has caught the eyes of some foolish Utah Mormons. I really doubt it's going to be that close in that state, outlier.

Trump's problem in Utah has nothing do with globalism, business, or anything really discussed in this election. You have to understand the Mormon history with persecution in the U.S. When Trump went after Muslims, it triggered their own survival instincts: they've seen up close and personal what happens when the masses in this country demonize a specific religion. That issue concerns Mormon's more than any other-- it hasn't been an issue for them, until Trump opened that can of worms.

Last edited by Aristophanes on 17 Oct 2016, 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 7:00 pm

Boxman108 wrote:
If you doubt Obama or Clinton or Romney or any amount of other politicians ever had any similar thoughts about the other sex at all I don't think you have realistic expectations of people.

"thoughts about the other sex" =\ bragging about doing so as if it's acceptable.
"thoughts about the other sex" =\ acting on thoughts.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

17 Oct 2016, 7:45 pm

androbot01 wrote:
I just can't imagine a world where Trump is President. Okay, I can, it's terrifying. I have to challenge you on one thing that you have said: that the comments he made regarding grabbing women by the p**** are irrelevant because they were from a long time ago. I would argue that these comments are indicative of character. That someone who thinks it's okay to behave this way, or even to joke about behaving this way, is acceptable as a leader. So with this in mind, I have to ask, do you think that it is acceptable to behave in this way, or do you think it is not, but Trump is worth it anyway?

What is going on in the world and in my country currently should be terrifying, electing Trump is a vote against corruption in a system that is totally rigged against him. Hillary is the worst candidate imaginable, the danger of electing her could put the entire planet at risk. Trump is the peace candidate, Hillary is the neoconservative.

As for Trump's words on tape from 11 years ago, I don't think joking around with Billy Bush hurt anybody but sure it is inappropriate thing to say and not something he'd probably do in front of his mother. What else is there to say? Sometimes in private people act inappropriately but if it doesn't hurt anybody I don't think it is anybody's business. Retroactive political correctness does not seem very fair and it is really disingenuous when there is decades of sex scandals way worse than anything accused now. Stuff that has been substantiated, it's not a conspiracy.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 7:48 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Trump is the peace candidate, ...

Trump is not the peace candidate! Putin is playing him like Nero's violin.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 7:52 pm

Jacoby wrote:
What is going on in the world and in my country currently should be terrifying, electing Trump is a vote against corruption in a system that is totally rigged against him.

Listen to yourself, you're making accusation of "rigging" and there hasn't even been a vote tally ANYWHERE. If you're referring to his basement level poll numbers, sorry that's democracy, will of the people and all-- not rigging.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 7:58 pm

Mootoo wrote:
This isn't some unconscious wetdream... this is admitting sexual assault, big difference. Courts prosecute assault, not thought.

Boxman108 wrote:
any amount of other politicians ever had any similar thoughts about the other sex at all I don't think you have realistic expectations of people.

So it was proven to be assault? By who? If we can just go on no evidence I could just claim Clinton raped me. Guess you won't vote for her.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 8:05 pm

Boxman108 wrote:
So it was proven to be assault?

Congratulations, you have made me want to resort to hate speech. I think it would be wrong to call you a troll.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 8:16 pm

Mootoo wrote:

Which count of sexual assault did he admit to?

What date did it occur on?

I could tell you all about the time Olivia Wilde and I went skinny-dipping in the Bahamas. Does my bragging make it incontrovertibly true, or is there a possibility I'm trying to impress you with my virility (which should be completely obvious to you, so there's no reason why I would possibly be making stuff up just to impress you, and I'm definitely not remotely an insecure person who feels like he has to maintain the appearance of superior manliness, especially to someone much younger than me who might perceive me to be old and a bit naff, even though he's really sycophantic and a total beta)*.

Is any of this getting through at all?

*Should not be inferred as a de facto claim that Trump has a tiny penis and that he's feeling the mantle of his age upon his shoulders. Probably.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 8:21 pm

Jacoby wrote:
I like to speak in hyperbole sometimes to illustrate points, don't take every turn of phrase literally.

The DNC has been organizing violent confrontations at Trump events for the past year and turning the narrative around on Trump supporters somehow being violent, the dirty tricks going on in this election by one side is out of control and in my opinion violation of the law.

Hillary Clinton is the head of a criminal racket, she is a danger to democracy, electing her is a vote for bloodshed and potentially WWIII.

Our media does not talk about actual corruption, it talks about made up nonsense about groping and reel tape of him joking around with Billy Bush from more than a decade ago. One thing is relevant and the other has no substance whatsoever, guess which one our media can't stop reporting? There is a media blackout of these exposing revelations, Hillary belongs in prison already so god have mercy on us all if she actually does gain power. Hillary is the dictator in waiting, how can't you people see this?

Hyperbole from Down Under too:
http://theaimn.com/only-in-america-look ... own-under/

From that link, these paragraphs refer to it:

To think that the Republican Party could ever consider a megalomaniac like Trump as a nominee to run for the Presidency illustrates just how low the GOP have fallen.

Only in America.

From Down Under we see a sick deluded man of no redeeming features, full of racial hatred, bile and misogyny. A deluded pathetic liar unsuitable for the highest office in the land, if not the world. He sees complex problems and impregnates them with populism and implausible black and white solutions.

He is a person of limited intellect and understanding only capable of seeing the world through the prism of his own wealth. The far edges of knowledge seem to have passed him by. Matters requiring deep philosophical consideration seem beyond him.

His opinions on subjects of internal and international importance are so shallow that one would think he spent the entirety of his youth in the wading pool at the local swimming pool, or six years in grade 6 and never academically advanced.

He is a crash through politician with a ubiquitous mouth. Trump remains an incoherent mess who bounces back after each disaster thinking he has been impressive while those around him are laughing their heads off. Entertaining in a uniquely American way he might be to the hillbillies but leadership requires worldly character.

Is America to have, an ignoramus of first world order, as President?

It might be said that my description of Trump has descended into what Americans call hyperbole.

If I have, I make no apologies.
[/i]

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 8:40 pm

B19 wrote:

LOL, that guy is an hysterical caricature of an elitist snob. Who knew there were Australian "toffs." :D

I confess I haven’t visited the American mainland. Honolulu is as far as I have ventured. There, I was suitably impressed by the hospitality of the people, struck by their obesity, and disillusioned by their ignorance of all things not American. I find them often crass, as well.

As an example, I recall a sightseeing expedition one Summer day on the magnificent Sydney Harbour. The ferry carried a dozen or so American tourists. As we rounded an estuary we encountered a large yacht race approaching us; their vibrant, colourful spinnakers in full sail. The scene was breathtakingly beautiful, but the loud Americans, more interested in the value of the mansions that dotted the cliffs, spoiled the moment.

On the other hand, I have a number of American Facebook friends with more developed sensibilities...

The fat, vulgar Americans spoiled his yacht race. :D :lol: :D :lol:

There Are Four Lights!

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 8:44 pm

B19 wrote:
Jacoby, if a new member was saying equally extreme things about all Clinton supporters, the trolling alarm bells would have gone off. I know you aren't a troll Jacoby, so perhaps you are very tired at the moment.

As a leading broad brusher of Trump supporters, you're one to talk.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 8:50 pm

I refer you to this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=322775&p=7198220

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 9:16 pm

B19 wrote:
I refer you to this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=322775&p=7198220

Your finest hour, truly. Now, do I need to actually link to all the times you've cast aspersions on people supporting or planning to vote for Trump lately, or do you remember making the posts?