The pipeline violates rights of indigenous people.

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 1:42 pm

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 8:35 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Apparently failure for the natives to be consulted with about the planned pipeline and given say in the process...is considered by the U.N to be a violation of their declaration on rights rights of indigenous people. I wonder if they'll do anything about it since our government won't or even what they could do about it.

Actually, they were consulted about it, and nobody cared when all of the meetings about it were happening.

Now after all has been said and done, people have come from all over the country to the Standing Rock Rez, and a lof of the locals are getting sick of it.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 11:50 am

Fogman wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Apparently failure for the natives to be consulted with about the planned pipeline and given say in the process...is considered by the U.N to be a violation of their declaration on rights rights of indigenous people. I wonder if they'll do anything about it since our government won't or even what they could do about it.

Actually, they were consulted about it, and nobody cared when all of the meetings about it were happening.

Now after all has been said and done, people have come from all over the country to the Standing Rock Rez, and a lof of the locals are getting sick of it.

Well then maybe they should you know listen to the will of the people on this and put a stop to it...they wont Trumps solution is ignore them and allow the company go to forward however they want regardless, because yay big corporations getting preference over people. Then again it is becoming to expensive to continue police action and such over it and plenty of cops are deciding they don't want to participate because they don't think things are going how they should.

Only hope now is that enough support could maybe sway the government to put people over corporate welfare this time, but likely doubtful.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 1:20 pm

Some possibly good news for a change.
http://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/ ... nding.html

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 1:31 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Some possibly good news for a change.
http://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/ ... nding.html

Intresting, does seem like fairly good news.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 8:49 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Fogman wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Well then maybe they should you know listen to the will of the people on this and put a stop to it...they wont Trumps solution is ignore them and allow the company go to forward however they want regardless, because yay big corporations getting preference over people. Then again it is becoming to expensive to continue police action and such over it and plenty of cops are deciding they don't want to participate because they don't think things are going how they should.

Only hope now is that enough support could maybe sway the government to put people over corporate welfare this time, but likely doubtful.

The will of the people was to not care about it when all the stuff to move the pipeline forwards was being publically discussed. Now the reality of the pipeline is at hand, and they are all up in arms about it. --You snooze, you lose,and this is the price they pay for not bothering to pay attention to what was happening a few years ago.

Without the pipleline, you will have oil trains, and run the risk of another Lac Megantic happening again. You will also have much higher oil prices, as a ruslt, anything that needs to be transported will cost more, and even more inflation will ensue.

Do you drive a car? If so, do you look forwards to the possibility of buying a tank of gasoline at $8.00 a gallon? --This is one of the reasons why the pipeline is being built.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 1:02 pm

Fogman wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Fogman wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

The will of the people was to not care about it when all the stuff to move the pipeline forwards was being publically discussed. Now the reality of the pipeline is at hand, and they are all up in arms about it. --You snooze, you lose,and this is the price they pay for not bothering to pay attention to what was happening a few years ago.

Without the pipleline, you will have oil trains, and run the risk of another Lac Megantic happening again. You will also have much higher oil prices, as a ruslt, anything that needs to be transported will cost more, and even more inflation will ensue.

Do you drive a car? If so, do you look forwards to the possibility of buying a tank of gasoline at $8.00 a gallon? --This is one of the reasons why the pipeline is being built.

Yeah well they shouldn't build it through native land and water sources at least.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 2:15 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Fogman wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Fogman wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Yeah well they shouldn't build it through native land and water sources at least.

They were consulted about that, and couldn't be bothered doing whatever it was that they were doing.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

13 Nov 2016, 11:48 pm

That property was sold. Now the Indians are having a fit. Creating vandalist acts, because they want it back, and believe it is still theirs. Typical Indian entitlement propaganda.

Too much free money, free land, and fire water.

YOU TOOK MY COUNTRY!

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2016, 8:54 pm

yournamehere wrote:
That property was sold. Now the Indians are having a fit. Creating vandalist acts, because they want it back, and believe it is still theirs. Typical Indian entitlement propaganda.

YOU TOOK MY COUNTRY!

Free land,really,just really.How nice of the government to give them back what was already their's.
Not as much free money as you think,and the fire water remark is just insulting.
Yeah,the white people did take their country.You saying they didn't??
What's your point?That you hate Native Americans?That's what I'm seeing.
How stupid of them to be concerned about clean drinking water,I suppose they can just drink firewater.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2016, 3:52 pm

The protest worked.The Govt. is not putting the pipeline near Sioux Nation.
Everyone should give the Vets that showed up to protect the protestors a big round of applause.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2016, 1:46 pm

Fogman wrote:

They were consulted about that, and couldn't be bothered doing whatever it was that they were doing.

Alright well I've seen more sources that point to them not being properly consulted and not agreeing to have it built there, vs. you claiming they were. But even regardless of which of those is accurate, clearly it is causing enough uproar and unhappiness to be reconsidered being built on that land.

But yeah construction through there has been halted already...so woo hoo, guess the protesting has paid off.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2016, 1:52 pm

yournamehere wrote:

YOU TOOK MY COUNTRY!

Yeah white settlers did sort of take their country...if you pay attention to history.