Hillary Clinton and Precarious Manhood Theory

Page 2 of 7 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2016, 11:07 am

adifferentname wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
I think that the unsaid feelings of misogyny towards women in power are bringing politics to a new level of anger (put her in jail, etc.)

How is "put her in jail" misogynistic?

This perpetual nonsense claim that women are beyond reproach 'because vagina' is the arguably the most sexist viewpoint one can adopt. I'm tired of seeing it here and elsewhere.

Your "because vagina" reference to women is simplistic and insulting. Women are a lot more than their genitals. And the differences between men and women are psychological as much as physical.

"Put her in jail" is just one example of the vitriol against her.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2016, 11:15 am

Quote:
This perpetual nonsense claim that women are beyond reproach 'because vagina' is the arguably the most sexist viewpoint one can adopt. I'm tired of seeing it here and elsewhere.

This is a paranoid delusion. I have never, here or elsewhere, heard anyone espouse this view. Literally never.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2016, 12:14 pm

androbot01 wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
I think that the unsaid feelings of misogyny towards women in power are bringing politics to a new level of anger (put her in jail, etc.)

How is "put her in jail" misogynistic?

Your "because vagina" reference to women is simplistic and insulting. Women are a lot more than their genitals. And the differences between men and women are psychological as much as physical.

You appear to be utterly confused. I'm condemning the practice, not endorsing it.

Quote:
"Put her in jail" is just one example of the vitriol against her.

I'll repeat the question you've ignored. How is it misogynistic?

YippySkippy wrote:
Quote:

This is a paranoid delusion. I have never, here or elsewhere, heard anyone espouse this view. Literally never.

My experience and perceptions don't match yours so I must be mentally ill? Fantastic display of ignorant bigotry.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2016, 1:03 pm

adifferentname wrote:
You appear to be utterly confused. I'm condemning the practice, not endorsing it.

Don't play games.

adifferentname wrote:

I'll repeat my answer: the level of vitriol against HRC seems to be more than usual. I"m asking if this is because her gender is threatening.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2016, 1:18 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
TheSpectrum wrote:
I just don't understand why you are all looking at this as a gender issue.
That person's judgement is wrong and many have concluded as such, which is why they have shifted their support from one candidate to another.

There have been many presidencies, monarchs and ministers who were women over the last century. This isn't a women issue it's a judgement issue.

I'm unaware of any women presidents or monarchs in the US.

I don't think it's a judgement issue, because Trump's judgement is highly suspect and I'm not really aware of anything calling Clinton's judgement into question in the last few weeks. The issue seems to be a suspicion of corruption more than anything, although obviously different people will have different reasons.

You know as well as I do I was not referring to solely the US.
I like to think a woman president will be elected some time soon (next 4-8 years). But I don't trust Hillary and evidently a lot of others don't either, or her judgement on foreign policy. Her Sec of state record isn't good.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2016, 1:31 pm

androbot01 wrote:
adifferentname wrote:

Don't play games.

Correcting your mistake is not playing games. If you don't understand me in future, I'd appreciate if you sought clarification rather than resorting to ignorant accusations.

Quote:
adifferentname wrote:

I'll repeat my answer: the level of vitriol against HRC seems to be more than usual. I"m asking if this is because her gender is threatening.

You're quick to make accusations of game-playing, but you can't answer a simple question. How is "put her in jail" misogynistic? How does the "vitriol" Clinton is receiving compare to the vitriol aimed at the only other human being we can currently reasonably compare her to: Donald Trump?

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2016, 1:45 pm

adifferentname wrote:
You're quick to make accusations of game-playing, but you can't answer a simple question. How is "put her in jail" misogynistic? How does the "vitriol" Clinton is receiving compare to the vitriol aimed at the only other human being we can currently reasonably compare her to: Donald Trump?

As far as I know, no one has threatened to jail Trump, or burn him at the stake (Even CNN pundit Michael Smerconish made the connection to the grim 17th century legal proceedings..)

Most of the answers to my original question have been that there is something to this Precarious Manhood Theory. It only makes sense that things would be unclear as the gender roles have only so recently changed.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2016, 2:17 pm

Quote:
Precarious Manhood Theory

I see a built-in assumption; what if my manhood is unconditional.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2016, 2:18 pm

androbot01 wrote:
adifferentname wrote:

As far as I know, no one has threatened to jail Trump, or burn him at the stake (Even CNN pundit Michael Smerconish made the connection to the grim 17th century legal proceedings..)

There has been an immense amount of vitriol aimed at both candidates, from all kinds of angles. They're prominent figures who are currently centre stage. You still have not demonstrated misogyny.

Quote:
Most of the answers to my original question have been that there is something to this Precarious Manhood Theory. It only makes sense that things would be unclear as the gender roles have only so recently changed.

The plural of "opinion" is not "evidence". Give me an example of someone who is against Hillary specifically because she's a woman.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2016, 2:35 pm

They think it's an example of misogyny, to say that men and women biologically-predisposed, for different purposes, in which case, taking orders from her is emasculating. If that's misogyny, I'll be the misogynist.

But, not just rhetorically.

I will put resources on the line, to circumvent and undermine feminism, not just mansplain, all day.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2016, 2:42 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
I will put resources on the line, to circumvent and undermine feminism, not just mansplain, all day.

Not necessary. Feminists are doing a stellar job of undermining feminism already.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2016, 2:51 pm

There is talk of people, giving sacrificially, in times of war, or for academic purposes, to win a world record, etc.

The same philosophy can be applied to everyday social, interactions.

Without being terroristic, or a sadist, per se, or playing the martyr, I find that change agents do have a sixth sense about people who will actually follow through.

We complain about the bar getting ever lower, but why must talk be cheap.

There are goods, services, and venues, which I will not support. I put friendships on the line, risk my health and finances, in resistance to social engineering. I can be dignified about it but have lost all respect, a long time ago. It doesn't mean that I'm going to get into a yelling contest or hurt anyone, necessarily. But, the fear is gone.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2016, 2:57 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
They think it's an example of misogyny, to say that men and women biologically-predisposed, for different purposes, in which case, taking orders from her is emasculating. If that's misogyny, I'll be the misogynist.

So are you saying that you would find taking orders from a female boss emasculating?

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2016, 2:59 pm

Yes.

But, look up. :roll: Has the sky fallen. :|

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2016, 3:03 pm

Trump's women are allegedly the highest paid, in their industries. They are bedecked in gold, and live in gold-plated accommodations, while the sole, male breadwinner, as head of household, is no longer part of the social contract. In action, doesn't he place those women on a pedestal?

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2016, 3:21 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
Yes.

But, look up. :roll: Has the sky fallen. :|

Thank you for your honesty. Can you explain why you feel this way? What's obvious to you is not to me.